News Aaron Pico vs Henry Corrales Set for Bellator 214 Jan 26

Pico is a beast, I love that he doesn't take any easy fights and how he just keeps upping his competition level.

Two of Bellator’s hottest featherweights will face off at the The Forum in early 2019.

MMA Fighting confirmed with officials that 22-year-old phenom Aaron Pico will take on Henry Corrales at a Jan. 26 Bellator event in Inglewood, Calif. Both fighters are currently riding four-fight streaks.

BJPenn.com was first to report the matchup.

Since faltering in his MMA debut, a stunning 24-second submission loss to Zach Freeman in a lightweight bout, Pico (4-1) has done everything in his power to live up to the hype built up during a prodigious amateur wrestling career. All four of his pro wins have come by way of first-round knockout, including his most recent, a highlight-reel TKO of one-time Bellator title challenger Leandro Higo.

Like Pico, Corrales had an inauspicious start to his career, facing three of Bellator’s top featherweights (Daniel Straus, Emmanuel Sanchez, and Patricio Freire) in his first three fights for the promotion and failing to get his hand raised in any of those matchups. However, he has since won four straight including a third-round knockout of Andy Main at Bellator 208 in October.

Bellator’s upcoming show at The Forum will be headlined by the Heavyweight World Grand Prix final between Fedor Emelianenko and Ryan Bader.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/11...enry-corrales-booked-for-jan-26-bellator-show

This was my fight to make after Corrales won his last fight. makes sense on a lot of levels. Corrales is on a 4 fight win streak and is a natural 45er, which has been a critique of mine for pico. He has been looking good, but has been fighting 35ers.

My prediction is a Pico KO. Corrales is good everywhere, but not great anywhere. I think Pico will find a home for his bombs. I really do hope we start seeing some of Pico's grappling soon.

Nice to see it on bellator's biggest card. Will probably go to this event.

Sorry didnt see this thread lol. Feel free to delete the one i made

Aaron finally gets chinned again.

Man, I like Henry, but he’s getting slept in this one.

I am not sold on Pico. They keep bringing up his boxing accolades but he pretty much won them when he was like 12. How many new generation MMA fighters are still just wrestler boxers? I want to see him use his wrestling and improve his bjj. I saw a video maybe 1 year ago of him learning to finish a side choke so maybe he doesn't feel comfortable going to the ground.

At this rate Pico going get title shot before AJ lol but I really like this fight

This was my fight to make after Corrales won his last fight. makes sense on a lot of levels. Corrales is on a 4 fight win streak and is a natural 45er, which has been a critique of mine for pico. He has been looking good, but has been fighting 35ers.

My prediction is a Pico KO. Corrales is good everywhere, but not great anywhere. I think Pico will find a home for his bombs. I really do hope we start seeing some of Pico's grappling soon.

Nice to see it on bellator's biggest card. Will probably go to this event.
Pico is just so nasty. Like these guys are no match for him. If he wants to box you, you have no choice. His wrestling is too good and his boxing and pressure/footwork is too overwhelming for these guys. He’s literally gonna tear people apart. He’s just gonna completely melt these guys under his 1-2s. Awesome jab and powerful right hand. I love it lol.

Very good match-up. Pico is a diamond in the ruff. You can still see how green he is in his fights. He is all go go go, and very unpolished but man, if they can reign him in he will be good. Still though, we do need to worry about his ability to take damage. It didn't look good at all. That said, there are famous cases of fighters who went on to be very good losing their professional debuts.

Probably cause Pico wants the tough fights and McKee is prob cool with taking easy fights. That tells you the mentality right there.
Asinine statement. McKee says he wants either a title shot, or the fight that can get him a title shot, in every single interview for the last several years.

Great fight. Pico is must see TV.

Pico is a beast, I love that he doesn't take any easy fights and how he just keeps upping his competition level.

I think its because he wants to see where he is at quickly. If he loses, wouldn't be surprised to see him return to wrestling still.

Aaron by savagery again after this bellator going to be hard pressed not to book him for the title.

Back