*** "ABC" Amanda Bobby Cooper SHERDOG Q&A ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Drake

*****This is a Q&A for UFC Strawweight, Amanda Cooper! She will answer your questions some time after she's back from vacation next week. So ask away & keep it respectful & clean otherwise dubs or bans will be handed out.*****
Amanda Cooper is an Ultimate Fighter finalist from season 23 on Team Claudia & recently fought Tatiana Suarez at the The Ultimate Finale 23 on July 8.

2016_01_27_TUF23_AMANDA_COOPER_0156.jpg

ABC holds a 2-2 pro MMA record as well as a 8-3 amateur MMA record. Before she got onto TUF, she fought for Invicta FC at Flyweight. On her way to the TUF finale she defeated Mellony Geugjes(sub), Jamie Moyle(dec) & Lanchana Green(sub). She has only gone to decision in three of her fights overall. Most of her wins have come by way of KO or TKO. ABC has also competed in pro boxing which is her background.

Follow her here:

Twitter: @ABCnation115
Instagram: abcnation115

Facebook: Amanda Bobby Cooper - ABC

After the ceremonial weigh-in you went straight for Dana's package....What was that all about?

If you don't remember, a video of that moment is added just below ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
How interested are you in women's flyweight bouts possibly being booked more frequently following JoJo/Letourneau or even an eventual UFC women's flyweight division?

You have a good amount of amateur MMA exp. but are still building your pro record, would you prefer your next few fights be against similarly experienced women's strawweights or getting someone with a name in the division asap to rise quicker?

I'll get the easy run of the mill questions out of the way early, but I'll ask some fun ones later:

What was it like living in the TUF house, especially with your different teams and a mixed gender environment?

How did training with Claudia enhance your skills? Will you train with her or any of your other teammates in the future, or will you stick with Scorpion?

How were Joanna and Claudia when the cameras were off?

What's more satisfying - KOing someone, or making them tap out?

Thanks for taking the time to do this, ABC. We're glad to have you here.

Fill us in on some house drama. How did the Abdel situation really go down? Was anyone hated? Any hijinx that didn't make the show?

Hey, Amanda! Thanks so much again for doing this for us :)

Two questions! Would you ever fight Claudia some day? & what's your favorite video game of all time? :D

Bonus...how many Pokemon have you caught? :p

What is your opinion of the early weigh ins? Did it help your weight cut and re hydration afterward?

Also, the UFC now offers goodies like fruits, yogurt, and protein shakes for fighters immediately after the weigh ins. Did you take advantage of this service? If not, what is your post-weigh in process like? What do you like to eat/drink afterwards to put weight and water back on?

Thank you so much for taking the time to do this Q&A. Looking forward to your next fight and seeing you bounce back!

What do you feel you need to improve on now to be more successful in the future?

Thanks for taking the time to answer our questions.

Also @JohnyBrabo is your biggest fan:D:D:D

We all knew what Suarez was going to do in an effort to win the finale. Did you think you could make up the gap in grappling between the end of filming to the finale (improve TDD)? Or did you think you could keep it standing?

What was the tension like between the coaches? Did you think it was going to spill over on more than one occasion?

You and Andrew Sanchez appeared to become good friends during your time in the house. Have you kept in regular contact since?

Good luck for the rest of your career.

P.S I like your approach to keeping the sex appeal whilst also being a tough fighter. You proved they can work hand in hand.

what did you think of the Claudia / JJ fight? and how is your relationship with both coaches?

what did you think of Danas reaction when you went for the fake double at the weighins? ^_^

Last edited:
Before I ask any questions I would first like to say thank you for taking the time out of your day to do this, it's greatly appreciated. Big fan, and I actually had you winning your fight at the finale btw!

My questions are, first off generally what is your walk around weight? & do you have somebody in your mind that you'd like to fight next?

Yay ABC Q&A!!! Can't believe it @Homeless Infant, is this real life?

@gorgonon @Mark Zima @Vulkkan @Asurah @Xuh @BisexualMMA @airic_15 get in here!!

Did UFC offered you to sign a contract even though you lost to Tatiana? Or will you keep on fighting in Invicta?

If you are signed to UFC who would you like to fight next?

What is your favorite fight of all time?

You have very brutal GnP for WMMA, are you working on that area of your game more than others or it just comes naturally?

And last one....We had TUF Trivia Game on Sherdog and almost all participants rooted for you very hard so if you could just give a shoutout to Trivia Game Members that would be awesome?

Last edited:
Hi Amanda. Thanks for doing this. Hope you enjoy doing this as we love these types of things.

What do you think is the biggest issue or issues that are facing women's MMA?
What made you go into MMA? You come from a family who are into their boxing from what I know.
Had you watched any of the previous The Ultimate Fighter series? If so, which was your favourite series?

Again, thanks for answering our questions. I hoped you would do well in the TUF house. Although I do have to admit, I was rooting for Lanchana! I'm English too, I had to. It's the law!

Greetings from Portugal Amanda !! :D Thank you for doing this.
I would like to say that ive enjoyed the group of fighters that participated on this edition of TUF, very friendly and professional ... and the way you guys carried yourselfes is how imo a martial artist conduct is expected to be and so you guys contribuited to bring more respect and credibility to MMA. Well done.
I enjoy your fighting style but what impressed me the most was your conduct , respectfull , caring, professional , elegant and classy. I dont want to be a generalist nor disrespectfull , but imo this is a combination uncommon amongst women. So good on you!

My questions would be :

- How does it feel to be a certified female badass ? :D
- What is, in your opinion, the best path for a fighter´s sucess in this evolving World of MMA ? Maybe i shouldnt be generalizing cause every fighter is diferent .... but in your opinion , do you believe a fighter should start MMA from his/her beggining in combat sports training, or specialize 1st in a specific style and then evolve the rest of the skills ?

Thanks again .. Cheers

Hi ABC!!!

I'm a huge fan of TUF and I hosted a Trivial Game on Sherdog during your Season, so alot of these questions are going to seem odd or irrelevant, but they'll go a great deal into answering/acknowledging stuff we found funny about the show, and add depth to viewing future seasons.

Thank you for doing this!

• These are some random questions about those UFC Branded Bottled Waters you guys used in the gym and house this season: Were there any other games or contests, like the Bowling Tournament, that you guys used them for? How many of them were handed out daily? It's gotta be at lease a couple cases! :) Did they let you keep any at the end of filming as a keepsake?

• We all saw the TUF23 version of the Prank Wars, were there any pranks that weren't shown on television?

• During the show, they have these cutaways where you're in a darkened room with a spotlight on you, seems like an interrogation, but we adoringly call it a 'Confessional' in our Game. Where are these filmed? Is it all done at one time, daily? In several locations, like one at the gym, one at the house? Do you get to ask for a Confessional, or does the crew pull you aside and do it on their schedule?

• Can you tell us anything about how filming in those close van quarters was like? Throughout the 23 seasons of TUF, they've captured heated words, emotional moments and also some poignant footage on the way to the fight.
FTL7DWx.jpg

• What is the crew like in these situations, they seem really in your face, is there just one person with a mini cam? Was spending time in the van with the team anything special, or was it just a mode of transportation?

• Speaking of the hard working television crew workers, are there any you still remember or want to give a shoutout to?

• Did you take any memorable 'Souvenirs' from the house/gym that will never be brought back, even if they issue a court order?

• What one thing that you remember saying or emphasizing during your interviews or time on the show that wasn't shown, but you wish it were because it would explain your experience more fully to the audience or you just want to see for your own sake?

Gotta close this out with a shot of you getting out of the van for your Semifinal fight, it's iconic and I think you should put it out on your social media, it's so cool. That's the look of a future champ, and definitely someone whose got the drive to be successful in whatever you set out to do. Congratulations.

qNSBjxu.jpg

And Thank You, once again, Amanda!

--------------------
--------------
--------
----
-

EDIT: For Clarification

Last edited:
Did it give you anxiety having cameras in your face 24/7 in the house? That would drive me crazy

Hi and thanks for being part of the most mature TUF ever. I mean that as a compliment.

Question - are you tempted to spend time at one or two of the bigger MMA gyms for your next fight? If so, which and why?

Question - thinking about my comment above, do you think the mixed gender set up for this season helped keep stupid drama to a minimum?

Congrats on getting to the final. Looking forward to seeing you fight again.

Sorry, two more. These might appear trivial, but it would be interesting to get a opinion from a female within the sport.

1. What are your thoughts on ring girls? Not the individuals, but the concept.

2. What are your thoughts on the make-up applied to female fighters for the 'Tale of the tape' graphics, and also for the 'talking heads' segments* in fight intros?

* for this bit, I'm asking more about the quality. My girlfriend is always outraged when she sees these bits. Usually accuses me of doing their make-up myself. For the 'Tale of the tape' graphics I think it's weird & poor quality. A brilliant double whammy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back