About Mousasi last night

Walker Smith Jr

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
(This is about former UFC fighter and UFC/Bellator level of competition - that's why it belongs in heavies)

I guess i need to clarify some things to Gegard haters after his last fight.

1) Storm is better than 90% of UFC middleweights. He is dangerous for any fighter in this division. I'm sure some retards hating on Moose didn't even know him before this fight

2) Everyone and their mother knows that if not for the closed eye - this fight would've went very differently.

3) No, shit like this:
"B-b-but Mousasi was beat up in the 3rd"
"If it was a 5 round fight..."
"He was hurt!"

don't win you fights. Gegard dominated first round and edged out 2nd with back control.

Easy 2-1 win.

I'm out

Mousasi won the game, but lost the fight. You can't say you won the fight if you getting beaten up in the last round. If you go to war and lose the last round, you don't come back home. That's how I look at it.

1y0j8p.jpg

It was close, but Schlemenko should have had round 2. Moose had his back for about a minute or so at the end, but the other 3:30-4 minutes consisted of Schlemenko hunting down and connecting while Moose did nothing.

He won, but the Moose nuthuggers and Bellator fanboys were calling him the true #1 Middleweight in the world.

The real #1 Middleweight in the world wouldn't get beat up by Shlemenko.

He won, but the Moose nuthuggers and Bellator fanboys were calling him the true #1 Middleweight in the world.

You can get beat by almost anyone decent if you have 1 eye.

The real #1 MW got beat by left hook Larry with 1 good eye, so anything is possible, one unexpected punch can change the whole game.

Shlemenko is a tough fight for anybody at MW really, in Bellator or in the UFC. He had all the tools to give Mousasi a hard time all night and that's exactly what he did. I still saw it 2-1 for Mousasi with the second round being close but throughout the lead up to the fight I couldn't help but think that Mousasi was overlooking Shlemenko...kept talking about what his plans were AFTER the fight with him and how he was going to hold a belt in Bellator.

It was one hell of a wake-up call for him really, just because Bellator plays second fiddle to the UFC doesn't mean you'll have an easier time with competition there.

Back