About to start playing Skrim for the first time.....

mb23100

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Advice? Tips? This game is huge and my gf is leaving for a month so ill have tons of time. I just finished Horizon zero dawn which was amazing and now im gonna hit up Skyrim. I know some of you know whats up

Pass on it and play the real shit.

It was $20 on prime day

MYoNk.gif

One tip save often.i just got the remastered version with lots mods u can turn on or off it's sweet plus it has the add on missions

Archery

Enchantment

Home designing

Stealing your adopted children's only possessions that belong to them

Slowly and painstakingly building rooms in your house filled exclusively with stuffed goats while neglecting your wife and all critical world-saving endeavors

pretty much the most op build is the stealth archer. Just level up smithing, and enchanting to make your equipment overpowered and you can kill dragons in a few arrows. (level up enchanting then put as much grand soul gems as you can into extra archery dmg: ring, necklace, helmet, gloves) and also level up sneaking.

Being a melee type character is quite boring and being a mage is quite annoying and difficult (I love playing mages in games, but its just a pain in skyrim and the majority of spells are just useless, not to mention fighting other mages that use infinite mana and just spam wards that block magic also ruins it.

All in all my favorite build for skyrim is the dark elf stealth archer/assassin for how effective it is (not to mention the best guild is the thieves guild, the other guilds are quite dull especially the college of winterhold and companions).

Best advice for a beginner, go with "Archery". Don't fuck around with the wonky ass hand to hand shit, as it might turn you off really fast.

Other than that, stick to the initial city for a while until you have some levels and skills under your belt. At least do "The Companions" story line before you venture out and explore.

Archery

Enchantment

Home designing

Stealing your adopted children's only possessions that belong to them

Slowly and painstakingly building rooms in your house filled exclusively with stuffed goats while neglecting your wife and all critical world-saving endeavors
Having dragons and Raiders show up on your doorstep and causing serious lag issues cause of a fucking massive skeleton and bodies that don't de-spawn leaning against your door.

I hadn't played it until the remaster came out. It was pretty awesome.

Save often and keep multiple game saves, that's the best advice I can give you because Bethesda.

I struggled to get past the horribly out of date, clunky controls. Once you play a good fps, you expect other first person type games to be on the same standard..

I hope they remake it

No matter what build you do, archery and sneaking is by far the most easy way to play. And dont smith, it'll break the damn game.

Create a Khajiit character

Put him in an adorable Jester Assassin Costume

Fill your house with some targeted kleptomania like 700 spoons

Never stop referring to yourself in third person

When Skyrim first came out I remember I was walking around and I decided to jump in the river. The current took me and I spent the next half hour or so floating from river to river to river. They were all connected and I wanted to see how far I could go. I ended up on the other side of the map. I tried to play again when the remaster came out but it was buggier than the first time it came out.

Marry Lydia

Travel the world fighting alongside your wife

Realize too late that your wife was killed 13 dungeons and 20 saves ago because you forgot to check behind you

Slowly deteriorate emotionally and spiritually, refuse all quest invites, live out the rest of your life quietly as a hermit

Name every weapon and item you enchant after your dead wife

Repeatedly sell them to vendors while crying

Smiting and enchanting are must have to become really powerful. At high levels and with certain skills in each you can create armor and weapons more powerful then anything you will find. The arcane smiting skill is a must to upgrade created items or magical items you find.

Back