About to start playing Skrim for the first time.....

Honestly, Oblivion is better.

The landscape is more attractive (forests beat ice and mountains any day)

The leveling up system is better

Honestly, Oblivion is better.

The landscape is more attractive (forests beat ice and mountains any day)

The leveling up system is better
<{jackyeah}><{jackyeah}><{jackyeah}><{jackyeah}>

Oblivion obviously has its errors, but it blows skyrim out of the water. I'd love a remastery of it or morrowind.

Last edited:
I played a squishy mage my last time thru.
Key techniques are:
Conjuration - Learn to summon meat shields and bound weapons. Bound weapons can be upgraded to automatically fill soul gems, which is invaluable for Enchanting
Enchanting - The most important skill to develop OP weapons and armor. With fully enchanted gear, you can reduce mp cost on schools of spells down to 0.
Destruction - Once you've got some spell cost reducing enchantments, you can unleash never ending waves of fireballs and lightning and nuke anything in the game from afar

Building a homestead is surprisingly fun.

My fun discovery was gently putting a cauldron over an npc's head then firing arrows at it

I'd recommend against spending too much time grinding smithing/enchanting or any other exploitative stuff for a first playthrough. Also after you get the full fus ro dah, it's best to put off the main quest for a while. It's a little anticlimactic to save the world and then come back home to do fetch quests for the jarl.

Khajiit Archer with sneak and light armor ftw.. they can see in the dark and makes underground cave and dwarven ruin raids super easy. Plus casting alteration magic to allow you to see in the dark gives away your position. With the Khajiits innate ability, it doesn't.

Also, stick to Whiterun for a bit and do the Throat of the World missions early. You'll want your shouts ASAP.

Oh also, dont fuck with Giants, Mammoths or Trolls. They will rek you.

Just be sure to lower your expectations,its one of the most overrated games out there. Fun at beginning..

Just be sure to lower your expectations,its one of the most overrated games out there. Fun at beginning..

Agreed, Bethesda games just feel like work to me. About 20 hours in I start to question why I'm wasting my time. I've tried Skyrim twice and never got close to finishing it either time

Personally I'd wait for the Ti-83 version to come out.

The best advice I'd give would be to try and refrain from looting every single thing you come across and get a house ASAP to store all your crafting shit in. I spent a ton of time managing my inventory and trudging back to town because I was always on the verge of carrying too much shit.

Pass on it and play the real shit.

Can't go back to that God awful leveling system. I also hate how hitting is tied to a percentage chance instead of, you know, actually hitting the target.

You should prepare to say goodbye to your life for a month.

Hmm, stealth/archery is okay, I guess, if you're a cowardly sniveling elf.

Here is the best build in Skyrim, okay? Okay.

Race: Orc
Class: Death Knight
Stone: The Ritual
Core Skills: 2 Hand, Conjuration, Heavy Armor, Enchanting(to lower Conj/Destro mana costs)
Sub Skills: Block, Restoration, Destruction
Shouts: Frost Breath, Ice Form, Dragonrend, Soul Tear, Summon Durnehviir, Slow Time
Necessary Items: Azura's Star(Black Star version) Namira's Ring
DLC: Dawnguard

Perks
2 Hand: Barbarian 5/5, Champion's Stance, Limbsplitter 3/3(axes), Devastating Blow, Great Crit Charge, Sweep, Warmaster
Conjuration: Novice-Master, Dual Cast, Mystic Binding, Summoner 2/2, Soul Stealer, Necromancer, Oblivion Binding, Twin Souls, Dark Souls
Heavy Armor: Juggernaut 5/5, Fists of Steel, Well Fitted, Cushioned, Conditioning
Enchanting: Enchanter 5/5, Insightful Enchanter, Corpus Enchanter, Extra Effect
Block: Shield Wall 5/5(works when blocking w/ 2handers), Quick Reflexes, (optional: Deadly Bash, Disarming Bash)
Restoration: Novice, Regeneration, Necromage (optional: Recovery 2/2)
Destruction: Novice-Master, Impact, Augmented Frost 2/2, Deep Freeze, Rune Master

Playstyle
Get bound axe, murder everything, raise undead army with Ritual stone power, ... profit!
I'd focus most of my perk points into 2-hand, Conj, and Enchanting, and I'd distribute stat points 2-2-1(Out of ever 5 levels put 2 stats into Health, 2 stats into Stam, and 1 into magicka). The reason for this is with the Conj Novice-Master perks and Enchanting 5/5, Insightful, and Corpus you basically have ZERO mana costs(same with Destro and Extra Effect from Enchanting).

Starting out as a necromancer is tough. For the most-part you'll be hacking and slashing with your axe, capturing souls of the slain for enchanting, and raising your fallen foes to fight in your name. It is acceptable to summon Ice Atronachs, but for the most part lets stick to corpses. At level 10 start the Dawnguard DLC, as you need to get to the Soul Cairn so we can get our bread and butter Necromancy spells only from the DLC. These spells allow you to raise the un-dead without the need for fresh bodies. To help level up your conj spell you can repeatedly cast Soul Trap on a dead enemy, but just remember that enemy levels scale with you so you want a balance of combat/defense skills and your support skills. Restoration is only necessary if you are going to turn into a Vampire lord, definitely take the Necromage perk. Destro magic is your only source of ranged damage, but I tend to only ever use rune traps and the Ice Cloak spells for AoE damage, it's mostly for flavor and to pull enemies too far away(or dragons, but shouts fix that). With the Ritual stone there is no cap on how many corpses you can raise, but you can only use it once a day. Pro tip with Ritual is to simply wait for 24 hours after your army has fallen and raise it all over again(Ritual corpses DO NOT DISAPPEAR AND ALWAYS RE-RAISE). You can use your Orc racial ability Berserker Rage to increase your melee dmg and reduce physical damage taken, but for the most part your army will be tanking for you as you stalk the battle field, reaping more souls.

Hmm, stealth/archery is okay, I guess, if you're a cowardly sniveling elf.

Here is the best build in Skyrim, okay? Okay.

Race: Orc
Class: Death Knight
Stone: The Ritual
Core Skills: 2 Hand, Conjuration, Heavy Armor, Enchanting(to lower Conj/Destro mana costs)
Sub Skills: Block, Restoration, Destruction
Shouts: Frost Breath, Ice Form, Dragonrend, Soul Tear, Summon Durnehviir, Slow Time
Necessary Items: Azura's Star(Black Star version) Namira's Ring
DLC: Dawnguard

Perks
2 Hand: Barbarian 5/5, Champion's Stance, Limbsplitter 3/3(axes), Devastating Blow, Great Crit Charge, Sweep, Warmaster
Conjuration: Novice-Master, Dual Cast, Mystic Binding, Summoner 2/2, Soul Stealer, Necromancer, Oblivion Binding, Twin Souls, Dark Souls
Heavy Armor: Juggernaut 5/5, Fists of Steel, Well Fitted, Cushioned, Conditioning
Enchanting: Enchanter 5/5, Insightful Enchanter, Corpus Enchanter, Extra Effect
Block: Shield Wall 5/5(works when blocking w/ 2handers), Quick Reflexes, (optional: Deadly Bash, Disarming Bash)
Restoration: Novice, Regeneration, Necromage (optional: Recovery 2/2)
Destruction: Novice-Master, Impact, Augmented Frost 2/2, Deep Freeze, Rune Master

Playstyle
Get bound axe, murder everything, raise undead army with Ritual stone power, ... profit!
I'd focus most of my perk points into 2-hand, Conj, and Enchanting, and I'd distribute stat points 2-2-1(Out of ever 5 levels put 2 stats into Health, 2 stats into Stam, and 1 into magicka). The reason for this is with the Conj Novice-Master perks and Enchanting 5/5, Insightful, and Corpus you basically have ZERO mana costs(same with Destro and Extra Effect from Enchanting).

Starting out as a necromancer is tough. For the most-part you'll be hacking and slashing with your axe, capturing souls of the slain for enchanting, and raising your fallen foes to fight in your name. It is acceptable to summon Ice Atronachs, but for the most part lets stick to corpses. At level 10 start the Dawnguard DLC, as you need to get to the Soul Cairn so we can get our bread and butter Necromancy spells only from the DLC. These spells allow you to raise the un-dead without the need for fresh bodies. To help level up your conj spell you can repeatedly cast Soul Trap on a dead enemy, but just remember that enemy levels scale with you so you want a balance of combat/defense skills and your support skills. Restoration is only necessary if you are going to turn into a Vampire lord, definitely take the Necromage perk. Destro magic is your only source of ranged damage, but I tend to only ever use rune traps and the Ice Cloak spells for AoE damage, it's mostly for flavor and to pull enemies too far away(or dragons, but shouts fix that). With the Ritual stone there is no cap on how many corpses you can raise, but you can only use it once a day. Pro tip with Ritual is to simply wait for 24 hours after your army has fallen and raise it all over again(Ritual corpses DO NOT DISAPPEAR AND ALWAYS RE-RAISE). You can use your Orc racial ability Berserker Rage to increase your melee dmg and reduce physical damage taken, but for the most part your army will be tanking for you as you stalk the battle field, reaping more souls.
Damn it now i have to start over. This sounds awesome

Make as many steel daggers as you can and youll soon be levelled up enough to be able to make some overpowered weapons very early on.

Damn it now i have to start over. This sounds awesome
Bahahaha none can resist the allure of the dark side! There are some good YT videos that can help you with certain aspects of this style game play, especially nuances to the Ritual stone. And there is an order to casting spells, since your axe is also from a spell and requires both hands: so raise your army and buff yourself as necessary before summoning your axe. You can still use your dragon shouts though! I recommend wearing the Ancient Nord Armor to start with, there is an easy way to get it as soon as you exit the opening scenario, video on YT can help and the set looks PERFECT for this themed character.

And actually, if you are running a stealth/archer character you don't really neeeeed to restart. I have a fun build for that too, using some Illusion and Alteration spells, and of course the most OP crafting school, Alchemy.
Make as many steel daggers as you can and you'll soon be leveled up enough to be able to make some overpowered weapons very early on.
This was patched, you can't get a level per item with smithing anymore. Plus, if you focus only on your crafting skills you severely gimp your character's base power level, as enemies scale with you in all ways(health/stam/mana pools but also damage, defense, and gear). You'll be getting rektd by bandit chiefs in combat, because while you may have 100 in smithing, and maybe some sweet enchants alongside, you will have zero skill points in weapons/armor/magick schools.

True. I tried to balance my leveling out and didnt find it too difficult. Those dragon priests merked me on several occasions tho!
Just play the game and enjoy all the little stories and quests. Also save often.

Back