About to start playing Skrim for the first time.....

Sounds like you need to level up your sword swinging ability, like a proper rpg.

If you want a "proper" RPG stick to pen and paper.

There is no SKSE for Skyrim:RE, so its basically unplayable right now. The modding community is still focused on classic.

There are a lot of good mods that do not require the SKSE and a lot of older mods that have been reworked for the special edition to no longer need the script extender. Being that the Special Edition is now 64 bit much of the needed tools in SKSE were no longer needed.

I installed Bruma not that long ago, which is fantastic.

If you want a "proper" RPG stick to pen and paper.

There are a lot of good mods that do not require the SKSE and a lot of older mods that have been reworked for the special edition to no longer need the script extender. Being that the Special Edition is now 64 bit much of the needed tools in SKSE were no longer needed.

Bruma is really interesting so far. I need some free time to explore and follow the hints but my first look convinced me: awesome work. The music and voice acting shines so far, i can't wait to dive deeper. The map seems massive, I wonder how much of it is populated.

Bruma is really interesting so far. I need some free time to explore and follow the hints but my first look convinced me: awesome work. The music and voice acting shines so far, i can't wait to dive deeper. The map seems massive, I wonder how much of it is populated.

Not very much is populated, and the playable area of the map is smaller then it looks. That is not a bad thing because you can see how it is going to expand in the future and that it will be awesome.

Not very much is populated, and the playable area of the map is smaller then it looks. That is not a bad thing because you can see how it is going to expand in the future and that it will be awesome.
Yeah Bruma is like the drawing board for a whole Cyrodil expansion mod, I heard.

Yeah Bruma is like the drawing board for a whole Cyrodil expansion mod, I heard.

If feels that way. seeing there is a place were you can look down the road and see the White Gold Tower ahead of you. It's fantastic.

Sounds like you need to level up your sword swinging ability, like a proper rpg.

There is no SKSE for Skyrim:RE, so its basically unplayable right now. The modding community is still focused on classic.
I've never played MW, but I grew up on JRPGs. It was a truly eye opening experience when I first played a game like Knights of the Old Republic. I HATE when animations don't match controller inputs, it's so off putting. With classic menu/command based JRPGs a miss is a miss, but in 90s-00s western RPGs the disconnect between visuals and dice rolls really throws me off. I much prefer the action RPG take OR classic command based RPG take on combat as opposed to the pseudo action combat in games such as KotOR(which still has traditional turn based elements), MW, and Vampire the Masquerade.

Did you install Bruma on SE?

I just bought the SE version for PC (it's 50% off on Steam) and then installed a handful of mods but Bruma wasn't available yet.

Sneak a lot early and get that up. other than restoration magika is basically useless especially the higher level you get. Create a lot of iron daggers early on and raise that smithing easy. Stamina is important. Dont kill Cicero cuz he's a good companion.

Yes, I installed it for SE.
Did you get it from Bethesda's site using the Mods menu in game? Or install it separately through Nexusmods or something?

Sorry, I'm new to PC gaming and mods so not sure how most people do it.

Did you get it from Bethesda's site using the Mods menu in game? Or install it separately through Nexusmods or something?

Sorry, I'm new to PC gaming and mods so not sure how most people do it.

I downloaded it from Nexus and installed it manually.

Skyrim season is approaching.

Also, I'll be getting back into Dark Souls III. Rage quit at boss # 3 last winter. Can't let that fly.

Don't drop anything when you're carrying too much. Place unwanted items on dead bodies. It stops the game glitching later on.

Back