Abus Magomedov signs with PFL

What are everyone's thoughts on him so far?

He's won 2 fights by first round KO. Has a great shot at winning the tournament.

What are everyone's thoughts on him so far?

He's won 2 fights by first round KO. Has a great shot at winning the tournament.
interesting fight coming up with Umalatov, I'm pretty certain Abus takes it though

interesting fight coming up with Umalatov, I'm pretty certain Abus takes it though

Yeah, Gasan isn't a particularly standout fighter. There's a lot of better fighters from Russia and Caucasus I would much rather see get a shot at getting signed.

Last edited:
Yet another overhyped can crushing Dagestani hype job. I would bet a large sum of money the only reason he's on PFL and has that ranking is because of his ties to Russia/Dagestan. Also, Germany has produced some legit fighters, probably the best ones right now are Jonas Billstein, Daniel Weichel and Nasrat Haqparast, though admittedly the last two do fight for the two biggest MMA organisations.

Yet another overhyped can crushing Dagestani hype job. I would bet a large sum of money the only reason he's on PFL and has that ranking is because of his ties to Russia/Dagestan. Also, Germany has produced some legit fighters, probably the best ones right now are Jonas Billstein, Daniel Weichel and Nasrat Haqparast, though admittedly the last two do fight for the two biggest MMA organisations.
Jonas Billstein is a stud, really like that guy and seems like he could go a long way as long as he doesn't have too much mileage by the time he gets there.
Had a few good fights in Bellator some years back

Get off the meth. He's never fought in Russia in his life. He was/is ranked #1 in Germany and #1 in Western Europe by Tapology. Russia has got nothing to do with it. He's one of the top guys in mainland Europe, that's why he got signed. It's a TOURNAMENT, they want the top free-agents of the division in there.

And this is PFL we're talking about, who else should they have signed IN PLACE of Abus? Jonas had his shot, went 2-2 in Bellator. He still deserves a shot if it comes his way. But this is Abus' turn. You're a moron trying to insinuate he doesn't deserve to be in the PFL.

The fact that he beat both his opponents in the 1st round by KO proves he deserves to be there. You would make much more sense if you asked why his opponents got signed instead of questioning the one beating their ass with ease. But of course, Brazilians and Americans never get questioned, it's always Russian Caucasus guys.

metrobus-hero-2016-12.png

Back