ACB 90: Moscow (RUS Stream Free, Eng Stream 3$) *Most likely last ACB event ever!*

Just saw the Vakhaev-Bilostenniy fight and yeah Vakhaev is apparently a dick. He seemed like an OK guy in the ACBlogs, maybe he was riled up because he was supposed to fight Aliakbari (they had some beef) and it spilled over to this fight. Herb Dean needs to retire or something, he should have stood up both fighters after Mukhamad grabbed the fence.

I doubt there are enough competent refs in Russia to NOT sign any non-speaker good ref. Good referees are rare in this game, unfortunately.
Yes, it's true, but Herb Dean is respected worldwide and was once seen as the best referee, i understand ACB contracting him. He's been very inconsistent and incompetent though. Specially in Russia, because there seems like he doesn't care much.

It's not shady by ACB part though, it's just unfortunate that there aren't many good refs.
To be honest most of the Russian refs are horrible, i prefer Herb Dean than the Russians, they were behind many controversial stoppages in ACB/WFCA/FNG etc. ACB should work more with that Polish team (Bocazki and his guys), they are one of the best in the game.

Just saw the Vakhaev-Bilostenniy fight and yeah Vakhaev is apparently a dick. He seemed like an OK guy in the ACBlogs, maybe he was riled up because he was supposed to fight Aliakbari (they had some beef) and it spilled over to this fight. Herb Dean needs to retire or something, he should have stood up both fighters after Mukhamad grabbed the fence.
In my opinion Vakhaev always looks like a asshole. Even in their first fight, i don't know, i don't like his demeanor.

In my opinion Vakhaev always looks like a asshole. Even in their first fight, i don't know, i don't like his demeanor.
I didn't notice that foul first time i saw Vakhaev-Bilostenniy 1 , i read about his life before and he seemed like a humble guy. He looked like an asshole before and after this fight, many Chechens in the forum i follow said that he behaved stupidly.

I didn't notice that foul first time i saw Vakhaev-Bilostenniy 1 , i read about his life before and he seemed like a humble guy. He looked like an asshole before and after this fight, many Chechens in the forum i follow said that he behaved stupidly.
On the other hand can't wait for the Aliakbari-Vakhaev bad bood and fight lol

There's so many great match ups to be made now at ACB, and with the possible merge with WFCA?
Oh my god
<YayKpop>

Kerimov vs. Magomedov
Borisov vs. Temirov
Raisov vs. Sarnaviskiy
Bagov vs. Vartanyan
Gadzhidaudov vs. Held
etc
<13>

I doubt there are enough competent refs in Russia to NOT sign any non-speaker good ref. Good referees are rare in this game, unfortunately.
Yes, it's true, but Herb Dean is respected worldwide and was once seen as the best referee, i understand ACB contracting him. He's been very inconsistent and incompetent though. Specially in Russia, because there seems like he doesn't care much.

It's not shady by ACB part though, it's just unfortunate that there aren't many good refs.
I don’t think it’s because he don’t care it’s partially because the fighters don’t understand him, Im not sure if English is your only language but let’s just say it is for instance, we are grappling the ref touches you and says something in an unknown to you language it will cause you to break concentration, which could lead to something happening your not ready for because of confusion....

On the other hand can't wait for the Aliakbari-Vakhaev bad bood and fight lol

There's so many great match ups to be made now at ACB, and with the possible merge with WFCA?
Oh my god
<YayKpop>

Kerimov vs. Magomedov
Borisov vs. Temirov
Raisov vs. Sarnaviskiy
Bagov vs. Vartanyan
Gadzhidaudov vs. Held
etc
<13>
Thats the only good thing to come out of this merger, the match-ups.

Kerimov-Magomedov wont unfortunately fight each other, they are in the same team and friends.

I agree with the rest of the fights, i was so disappointed in the Khamanaev-Held fight, i saw Khamanaev as a favorite and thought he would win :/. Btw you guys watching WFCA/Brave event next week? its a pretty decent card.

Thats the only good thing to come out of this merger, the match-ups.

Kerimov-Magomedov wont unfortunately fight each other, they are in the same team and friends.

I agree with the rest of the fights, i was so disappointed in the Khamanaev-Held fight, i saw Khamanaev as a favorite and thought he would win :/. Btw you guys watching WFCA/Brave event next week? its a pretty decent card.
Definitely watching, but i expected more high lv match ups. I think Brave doesn't want their guys to be badly embarrassed and grapple fucked.
I don’t think it’s because he don’t care it’s partially because the fighters don’t understand him, Im not sure if English is your only language but let’s just say it is for instance, we are grappling the ref touches you and says something in an unknown to you language it will cause you to break concentration, which could lead to something happening your not ready for because of confusion....
Actually it's my third language but i understood your point, although i reaally think it's a matter of Herb Dean not caring.
How could i know? Because of the many late stoppages man, in Russia he definitely let's guys take more punishment, usually speaking. Sometimes he stops it too early too.

Definitely watching, but i expected more high lv match ups. I think Brave doesn't want their guys to be badly embarrassed and grapple fucked.

Joe Taimanglo and Emerson? We sure this isn't Akhmat vs Bellator?:D

Actually it's my third language

Cool! So what is the second? Portuguese and... Brazilian?:p

i was so disappointed in the Khamanaev-Held fight, i saw Khamanaev as a favorite and thought he would win :/

Musa has the skills to neutralize Held on paper, yes. But brain-farts seem to be a constant in Musa's career. He was dominating the Jason Knight fight before simply overextending and falling into a triangle. I'm honestly not surprised he decided to play footsies with Held and got caught. Didn't he attempt to stand vs Palamino as well after having outwrestled him and then got TKO'd?

Btw you guys watching WFCA/Brave event next week? its a pretty decent card.
<Goldie11>

, i read about his life before and he seemed like a humble guy.

To be fair, there are ton of guys that love to project humility and are hypocrites underneath. Khabib, for instance, can come across as a pretty swell guy until he starts humiliating the homeless.

many Chechens in the forum i follow said that he behaved stupidly.

Whoa? There is a NoxchoDog out there?:D

don’t care it’s partially because the fighters don’t understand him,

Yeah but even taking that into consideration, his physical control of the fight is just porous. He never stops the action no matter what (important considering the language barrier). The worst he'll do is paw at someone's hand.

Last edited:
Actually it's my third language but i understood your point, although i reaally think it's a matter of Herb Dean not caring.
How could i know? Because of the many late stoppages man, in Russia he definitely let's guys take more punishment, usually speaking. Sometimes he stops it too early too.
I agree with some of your points as well, it’s 2am I’m 12 drinks in so I will retire for tonight lol if I’m still awake in a few hours I’ll catch the UFC card as well but I have a flight to Moscow in 4 hours. Have a goodnight.

Joe Taimanglo and Emerson? We sure this isn't Akhmat vs Bellator?:D

Musa has the skills to neutralize Held on paper, yes. But brain-farts seem to be a constant in Musa's career. He was dominating the Jason Knight fight before simply overextending and falling into a triangle. I'm honestly not surprised he decided to play footsies with Held and got caught. Didn't he attempt to stand vs Palamino as well after having outwrestled him and then got TKO'd?

<Goldie11>

To be fair, there are ton of guys that love to project humility and are hypocrites underneath. Khabib, for instance, can come across as a pretty swell guy until he starts humiliating the homeless.

Whoa? There is a NoxchoDog out there?:D

Yeah but even taking that into consideration, his physical control of the fight is just porous. He never stops the action no matter what (important considering the language barrier). The worst he'll do is paw at someone's hand.

Yeah Musa fights IQ is not that good :( and he usually gets pissed when he loses, glad he stayed humble after this one.

There is a Chechen fighting out of Sweden on that card (Khamzat Chimaev) so definitely interested in that card : D.

"NoxchoDog" <36>

There is a Chechen fighting out of Sweden on that card (Khamzat Chimaev) so definitely interested in that card : D.

Yeah, I've heard about that guy. Brave has a few All-Stars guys. Guram Kutaleladze is another one.

Hahah i can hold my own just fine in Espanol, my father is Brazilian-born but during our Military government like 40 years ago he was exiled to Argentina and lived there for almost 4 years, got a Argentinian citizenship too.
I agree with some of your points as well, it’s 2am I’m 12 drinks in so I will retire for tonight lol if I’m still awake in a few hours I’ll catch the UFC card as well but I have a flight to Moscow in 4 hours. Have a goodnight.
Go get some rest bro, great debate! Cheers

Yeah Musa fights IQ is not that good :( and he usually gets pissed when he loses, glad he stayed humble after this one.
I'm pretty sure he screamed some obscene things after the submission :eek:
His face was like "you fucking bastard" but i have no idea what he said lol

Hahah i can hold my own just fine in Espanol, my father is Brazilian-born but during our Military government like 40 years ago he was exiled to Argentina and lived there for almost 4 years, got a Argentinian citizenship too.
Go get some rest bro, great debate! Cheers

The Werdum combo! Neat! (or trifecta I suppose with the English in there)

Juntas, man. What can you say?:confused:

I'm pretty sure he screamed some obscene things after the submission :eek:
His face was like "you fucking bastard" but i have no idea what he said lol

At least he didn't run up to Helds face and threaten him like in the Palomino fight :confused:

At least he didn't run up to Helds face and threaten him like in the Palomino fight :confused:

To be fair he could probably not run in the first place considering how much pain that ankle lock seemed to cause him
<seedat>

The Werdum combo! Neat! (or trifecta I suppose with the English in there)

Juntas, man. What can you say?:confused:
yeah it was tough times for left-leaning people in Brazil, my father was a member of the opposition, part of a group of students that were protesting in the college and trying to get some awareness about the dictatorial government, but he went a bit too far and got caught with some destructive behavior regarding public monuments, ended being tortured to snitch on others participants too (he didn't, got exiled)

that said, he actually says nowadays that in many areas like public security and economy it was OK/better than today, somehow he turned into a conservative guy... very different times :D

yeah it was tough times for left-leaning people in Brazil, my father was a member of the opposition, part of a group of students that were protesting in the college and trying to get some awareness about the dictatorial government, but he went a bit too far and got caught with some destructive behavior regarding public monuments, ended being tortured to snitch on others participants too (he didn't, got exiled)

I knew a lot of Chileans growing up. Yeah, their stories sounded pretty similar.

that said, he actually says nowadays that in many areas like public security and economy it was OK/better than today, somehow he turned into a conservative guy... very different times :D

It seems like almost everyone you meet -- no matter the country -- says it was better economically/security back-in-the-day. Starting to think it's just one of those nostalgia things about being young.

So he's not one of those people that went livid over Bolsonaro?

Back