ACB 91 Strus vs Duraev / London, England

@Noxcho18 Make up your mind, does he want ACB to be a serious promotion or not? (You claimed as such before) Don't just quote a post which is essentially repeating what I'm already saying (that he's a flop) and then not add anything.

@Noxcho18 Make up your mind, does he want ACB to be a serious promotion or not? (You claimed as such before) Don't just quote a post which is essentially repeating what I'm already saying (that he's a flop) and then not add anything.

Dude what are you talking about? I have already said that he wants ACB to become a serious promotion.

Dude what are you talking about? I have already said that he wants ACB to become a serious promotion.

Then why did you quote the other guy who clearly thinks Mairbek DOESN'T want it to be a serious promotion? That (reposting someone) usually means you agree with him. But now you don't?

Do you think he's running a serious promotion?

He is a minister in health (or something along those lines) he has been shown in TV alot and has meetings with Kadyrov. Mairbek is a respected doctor in the Caucasus but he is also a businessman.

Edit: His only real success has been in Russia (which is impressive but its still Russia) outside of that they have only succeeded in England(except the last event), Slovakia, Kazakhstan, and Azerbaijan.

Why are they operating two separate promotions then, since they're both in the government? WFCA is operated to promote Chechen sportsmanship and PR. Then what's Mairbek doing with ACB? He also has exclusive contracts, whereas WFCA doesn't.

What is a success? How much did they put in and get out of it financially?

Then why did you quote the other guy who clearly thinks Mairbek DOESN'T want it to be a serious promotion? That (reposting someone) usually means you agree with him. But now you don't?

Why are they operating two separate promotions since they're both in the government.? WFCA is operated to promote Chechen sportsmanship and PR. Then what's Mairbek doing with ACB? He also has exclusive contracts, whereas WFCA doesn't.

I didn't repost him i accidently wrote my reply in his quote so it wasn't showing. I edited in my reply so you can see it this time.

WFCA is run by Kadyrovs best friend and is closer to Kadyrov than ACB. That promotion and club was made to encourage youths to train in sports, Akhmat(WFCA) Is mostly in Eastern parts of Chechnya.

ACB(and Berkut) was also created so kids can train in sports like MMA and Wrestling but it grew so big that they decided to make it a league. The first events were Grand prix events where the winner would get prizes, the first events only had local fighters but then it grew. Somewhere along the line Mairbek decided that he wants ACB to become a international promotion.

Always when ACB does poorly in Italy or their last England event then Mairbek blames the people hosting the venue

Can we just acknowledge the bizarreness of the fact that we're discussing if a multi-millionaire's business dealings are just incompetent or lazy?:D

You see... that's the sort of business decisions that instinctually makes me think that he isn't taking it seriously. Allowing venues to handle such affairs just sounds like such a sure-fire way of getting screwed over or not working out at all. It's bizzare behavior.

Then why did you quote the other guy who clearly thinks Mairbek DOESN'T want it to be a serious promotion?

Just to clarify -- I do think that Mairbek "wants" it to be a serious, successful promotion (don't everyone "want" to succeed?). I just don't think he's very interested in putting much work into doing so. He wants to take the easy road (like allowing venues to come to him with their proposals instead of handling it himself) and still be successful. He wants ACB to succeed -- but not to the level of making it a full-time commitment, or putting much work into it. If ease vs prudence were to butt heads, he's taking the ease.

But he still "wants" to succeed, of course.

I didn't repost him i accidently wrote my reply in his quote so it wasn't showing. I edited in my reply so you can see it this time.

Gotcha. I'm looking at it now.

I dont think its Mairbek who plans to have Events in Italy or Cyprus, they are the ones sending the proposals to hold MMA event in their venue (According to Mairbek). Always when ACB does poorly in Italy or their last England event then Mairbek blames the people hosting the venue. I dont think he is just throwing around money for fun, he wants ACB to become bigger than UFC but the problem is that he is doing it poorly. He should focus more in Russia instead of just accepting random venues.

He's getting offers to hold events...but no offers from a TV network to broadcast his events? I already told you last year, middle-eastern networks are Bellator which does shows in Israel, but not ACB. They put hundreds of millions into BJJ and UFC over the years, billions in to other sports.

Who's paying for the events and fighters wages? The guys who are making these "offers"?

Can we just acknowledge the bizarreness of the fact that we're discussing if a multi-millionaire's business dealings are just incompetent or lazy?:D

You see... that's the sort of business decisions that instinctually makes me think that he isn't taking it seriously. Allowing venues to handle such affairs just sounds like such a sure-fire way of getting screwed over or not working out at all. It's bizzare behavior.

I know, but you need to tell Noxcho that as well.

Just to clarify -- I do think that Mairbek "wants" it to be a serious, successful promotion (don't everyone "want" to succeed?). I just don't think he's very interested in putting much work into doing so. He wants to take the easy road (like allowing venues to come to him with their proposals instead of handling it himself) and still be successful. He wants ACB to succeed -- but not to the level of making it a full-time commitment, or putting much work into it. If ease vs prudence were to butt heads, he's taking the ease.

But he still "wants" to succeed, of course.

The way businesses work he's not the one who's going to have to put in work. He's supposed to have competent managers that work on his behalf. That's how companies or subsidiaries are run. Viacom has Coker, WME-IMG has Dana White. They aren't running their promotions to the ground are they? They're supposed to get fired and replaced if that happens.

ONE and M-1 Global are being run competently. I don't see M-1 doing shows in random countries. ONE does shows in Southeast Asia because it's broadcast all over SEA. ACB does shows where it isn't even broadcast, nor are they building a fanbase anywhere.

Gotcha. I'm looking at it now.

He's getting offers to hold events...but no offers from a TV network to broadcast his events? I already told you last year, middle-eastern networks are Bellator which does shows in Israel, but not ACB. They put hundreds of millions into BJJ and UFC over the years, billions in to other sports.

Who's paying for the events and fighters wages? The guys who are making these "offers"?

ACB has signed contracts with the biggest sports TV networks in Russia and Brazil so far. Dont think they have been offered anything outside of that. I think ACB wants to get into the middle eastern market, Mairbek said that they are interested but haven't heard of any TV networks. According to Mairbek the ones paying for the event is the guys hosting it, fighters wage is paid by ACB.

I know, but you need to tell Noxcho that as well.

Tell me what? i dont know what Mairbeks true intentions are and i have criticized ACB(and Mairbek) for the dumb decisions they have done.

ACB has signed contracts with the biggest sports TV networks in Russia and Brazil so far. Dont think they have been offered anything outside of that. I think ACB wants to get into the middle eastern market, Mairbek said that they are interested but haven't heard of any TV networks. According to Mairbek the ones paying for the event is the guys hosting it, fighters wage is paid by ACB.

But who makes the money? They (local organizer) hold the events, but is ACB making money from it? Because if ACB is paying wages, that's a "cost" now where's the profit?

Airing in Russia is a given, and I know the TV fees are not high. I also don't believe ACB is making much from Brazil. Let me tag @sirmorbach He's from Brazil. He can tell us if it airs there frequently or occasionally, and if anyone watches it or not.

If they're not concentrating or airing on the middle-east market then why are they doing shows there? Contradictions left and right.

And what market ARE they looking for? They don't air in South Asia, or Southeast Asia either. It's about having broadcasters that air your events. English Premier league only does matches in England, but they air all over the world. That's how TV is supposed to work. ACB doesn't seem to air anywhere of note. Not in North America, not in most of Europe, not anywhere outside Russia and maybe Brazil.

Last edited:
But who makes the money? They (local organizer) hold the events, but is ACB making money from it? Because if ACB is paying wages, that's a "cost" now where's the profit?

Airing in Russia is a given, and I know the TV fees are not high. I also don't believe ACB is making much from Brazil. Let me tag @sirmorbach He's from Brazil. He can tell us if it airs there frequently or occasionally, and if anyone watches it or not.

If they're not concentrating on the middle-east market then why are they doing shows there? Contradictions left and right.

And what market ARE they looking for? They don't air in South Asia, or Southeast Asia either. It's about having broadcasters that air your events. English Premier league only does matches in England, but they air all over the world. That's how TV is supposed to work. ACB doesn't seem to air anywhere of note. Not in North America, not in most of Europe, not anywhere outside Russia and maybe Brazil.

I dont know who makes the money or how, i got all this from Mairbeks instagram. He doesn't specify how much he gets per event. I dont know how much ACB makes trough TV deals in Brazil and Russia. I also dont know their relations to the Middle east, only that Mairbek has said that they were interested (especially in ACB JJ). All these questions you have to ask Mairbek, i dont work for ACB.

I dont know who makes the money or how, i got all this from Mairbeks instagram. He doesn't specify how much he gets per event. I dont know how much ACB makes trough TV deals in Brazil and Russia. I also dont know their relations to the Middle east, only that Mairbek has said that they were interested (especially in ACB JJ). All these questions you have to ask Mairbek, i dont work for ACB.

I'm not trying to hold you accountable for ACB's actions. I'm just confused as fuck. And wondering why others aren't asking him these same questions. Especially people who watch his events and discuss his fights....because there's so many holes in it (the business plan/operation).

So you admit he's not really running a serious promotion then? Because I and the other user don't think so. I was under the assumption you did.

I'm not trying to hold you accountable. I'm just confused as fuck. And wondering why others aren't asking him these same questions. Especially people who watch his events and discuss his fights....because there's so many holes in it (the business plan/operation).

So you admit he's not really running a serious promotion then? Because I and the other user don't think so. I was under the assumption you did.

I admit that i dont know if he is, he said that he is trying to be bigger than UFC. My theory for the moment is that he is trying to run a serious promotion but that he isn't doing a good job(outside of Russia).

I admit that i dont know if he is, he said that he is trying to be bigger than UFC. My theory for the moment is that he is trying to run a serious promotion but that he isn't doing a good job(outside of Russia).

So what do you think is ultimately going to happen? Clearly ACB is never going to be the top or the second top promotion....or even profitable at this rate.

Does it shut down and when? I said last year, all reckless spending will do is bring other people (i.e., the government) to ask these same questions I have and he'll end up under investigation or in jail. What's your thoughts on the matter?

If they're not concentrating on the middle-east market then why are they doing shows there? Contradictions left and right.

Thanks for trusting me, bruv. Only like, REAL hardcores would watch it around here.

Thanks for trusting me, bruv. Only like, REAL hardcores would watch it around here.

Thanks for the response. Does it air on Combate, or which network and how frequently? (All the events or select events?)

Thanks for the response. Does it air on Combate, or which network and how frequently? (All the events or select events?)

Combate, yeah. I'm not really sure now if they broadcast all, as in all the events, but I do think it's all of them.

Back