ACB to Launch New PPV Service with ACB App

Something tells me moving to PPV (without changing the product) and putting on fewer shows won't help their product.

giphy.gif

Well, there's the end to all the free fun we've been having. I wonder if it'll help though. Their free-streams don't draw that many viewers to begin with, and it's not like there aren't plenty of free MMA out of Russia. I also noticed that they just shorted "financial and logistical issues" to just "logistical issues".

If this isn't for money laundering purposes, R.I.P. ACB.

Just delaying their death

I remember Kimura.se reporting that some fighters had not been paid their wages (at the time of all the cancellations). That's pretty grievous news. But I've not seen the news reported anywhere else, and Kimura has been known to be iffy with their news-coverage in the past.

I remember Kimura.se reporting that some fighters had not been paid their wages. That's pretty grievous news. But I've not seen the news reported anywhere else, and Kimura has been known to be iffy with their news-coverage in the past.
They announced that they were basically stop promoting because of money issues and out of the blue this. If I was a fighter I’m not signing with this guys

If I was a fighter I’m not signing with this guys

According to what I've read though, ACB (and other major Russian orgs like WFCA) pay the best money outside the UFC/Bellator. Hence why so many Brazilians fly in there. Mind you, numbers are never disclosed. So there is a strong economical pull-factor for fighters to sign with them even considering their capriciousness.

I remember Kimura.se reporting that some fighters had not been paid their wages (at the time of all the cancellations). That's pretty grievous news. But I've not seen the news reported anywhere else, and Kimura has been known to be iffy with their news-coverage in the past.
I think back in 2017 one of the Kichigin brothers who fought for FNG said (if I'm not wrong) that month has passed since his fight and FNG still didn't paid him. There were also Kirill Medvedovsky who said that he got offer from FNG but chose M-1 instead because Israeli fighter that he knows said that FNG haven't paid him too (but can't remember if he said how much time passed from the fight of this Israeli guy).
I mean, FNG is still alive.

According to what I've read though, ACB (and other major Russian orgs like WFCA) pay the best money outside the UFC/Bellator. Hence why so many Brazilians fly in there. Mind you, numbers are never disclosed. So there is a strong economical pull-factor for fighters to sign with them even considering their capriciousness.
Past tense’

They are in deep economic crisis

This is where Dana poses with the tombstone.

They couldnt even get decent numbers for free... wonder what kind of numbers they will be able to pull on a ppv platform...

i will give money to russian oligarchs to watch AAA and Raisov fight.

Something tells me moving to PPV (without changing the product) and putting on fewer shows won't help their product.
Well, it's either this or there's no product.

Well, it's either this or there's no product.
That's not true at all. This iPPV plan will generate very little revenue. They may even lose money on it. There may be things they can do to try to generate more revenue, cut expenses and make more profit, but this isn't it.

Back