ACB to Launch New PPV Service with ACB App

Death of ACB no doubt. Their run from 15-early 18 should be remembered as fondly as PRIDE but obviously it won't be around here.

Let's appreciate that they gave us so many awesome cards with such a ridiculous frequency while they did I guess. ACB 90 looks like another awesome card but I can't at all justify paying for another streaming service.

EDIT: Unless they only charge us $3. Long live ACB.

Last edited:

Around 3 $.
And this should solve all their money problems ?

I assumed the obvious overspending was laundering Russian drug money. Maybe they just actually had no business sense.

Will some of this money go to all the fighters that have claimed in the past they weren't paid by the promotion?

I assumed the obvious overspending was laundering Russian drug money. Maybe they just actually had no business sense.

It's hilarious how all ACB threads seem to descend into arguments over whatever they are criminals, profoundly stupid, or just don't give a shit. :D

Last edited:
Death of ACB no doubt. Their run from 15-early 18 should be remembered as fondly as PRIDE but obviously it won't be around here.

Let's appreciate that they gave us so many awesome cards with such a ridiculous frequency while they did I guess. ACB 90 looks like another awesome card but I can't at all justify paying for another streaming service.
If you truly believe ACB had a run that should be compared to Pride, get their streaming service for $3 to $5 dollars per month.

If you truly believe ACB had a run that should be compared to Pride, get their streaming service for $3 to $5 dollars per month.

I had assumed it'd be $10 so if it's that cheap then I prolly will

I don't get why most of these orgs even try at this point.

UFC has just dominated the war on MMA. There is a reason why people aren't watch Division II or III Football on ESPN on Saturday nights and that is basically what these other orgs are compared to the UFC. Very few people(media outlets and fans in general) are willing to pay money for the product so it's basically impossible to stay afloat if investors don't keep dumping money into a money losing venture. We just see this trend over and over and over in MMA.

I don't get why most of these orgs even try at this point.

UFC has just dominated the war on MMA. There is a reason why people aren't watch Division II or III Football on ESPN on Saturday nights and that is basically what these other orgs are compared to the UFC. Very few people(media outlets and fans in general) are willing to pay money for the product so it's basically impossible to stay afloat if investors don't keep dumping money into a money losing venture. We just see this trend over and over and over in MMA.
There is still money to be made even without unseating the UFC as the biggest promotion in the space. I am glad there are alternative promotions like Bellator and PFL and LFA and others, and all three of those examples and others are doing some of their most frequent and best cards lately.

There is still money to be made even without unseating the UFC as the biggest promotion in the space. I am glad there are alternative promotions like Bellator and PFL and LFA and others, and all three of those examples and others are doing some of their most frequent and best cards lately.
TBH though bellator has lost money 2 years in a row, DAZN makes them cash-neutral now. PFL has yet to finish their first season and show if they are sustainable and LFA is just a regional.

TBH though bellator has lost money 2 years in a row, DAZN makes them cash-neutral now. PFL has yet to finish their first season and show if they are sustainable and LFA is just a regional.
None of those things matter to me as a fan. Bellator has been going nine years now and has a better roster and more cards than ever; LFA continues as an eight plus year promotion as the merged LFC and RFA and is having more and better cards then ever. PFL is the re-vamped WSOF given new life in their new format and is one of the most entertaining things about MMA this summer.

I don't expect any promotion to challenge the UFC for dominance, nor do I care about that. I want lots of fun MMA to watch and to bet on and it is indeed a reality. Whether they piss money away in the short or long term is almost irrelevant to me.

None of those things matter to me as a fan. Bellator has been going nine years now and has a better roster and more cards than ever; LFA continues as an eight plus year promotion as the merged LFC and RFA and is having more and better cards then ever. PFL is the re-vamped WSOF given new life in their new format and is one of the most entertaining things about MMA this summer.

I don't expect any promotion to challenge the UFC for dominance, nor do I care about that. I want lots of fun MMA to watch and to bet on and it is indeed a reality. Whether they piss money away in the short or long term is almost irrelevant to me.
It is relevant to me because I want promotions to stick around, if they all continue to bleed money then they will all go away.

It is relevant to me because I want promotions to stick around, if they all continue to bleed money then they will all go away.
Either these promotions are more successful than many of you naysayers think or they keep on going on and on and getting better in spite of modest success. Either way is good for fans.

I'm not talking so much about the Bellator's of the world and I'm surely not talking about any of them taking on the UFC. Bellator kind have made there niche for now even though up till the DAZN deal they were losing money. Be interesting to see what happens 3 years down the road.

PFL/WSOF, I literally have no ideal how they are continuing. I can't make any sense of why investors invest in this. Outside of some long shot streaming service overpaying for the media I just don't see how they'll ever make money.

My point is more directed towards the ACB's or EFN's of the world that pop out of no where for a few years and try to be a player and just burn through money. I don't get what investors are thinking to start with. History of this sport has not been kind to MMA orgs overall. Very few have ever found any level of success and only one has really capitalized big time on it. The rest have burned through millions and are an afterthought. I enjoy them while they stick around but they surely aren't giving much of a platform for fighters to utilize them for better contracts. Bellator helps by far the most and outside of Rory and I guess Moose its pretty easy to make the argument for everyone else the UFC has let go to Bellator as the UFC really didn't need them anymore. I truly believe the Melendez is one of the few fighters that was really able to use Bellator to leverage for a much better UFC contract.

Russian app on phone or tablet? Umm... no thanks.

I'm not talking so much about the Bellator's of the world and I'm surely not talking about any of them taking on the UFC. Bellator kind have made there niche for now even though up till the DAZN deal they were losing money. Be interesting to see what happens 3 years down the road.

PFL/WSOF, I literally have no ideal how they are continuing. I can't make any sense of why investors invest in this. Outside of some long shot streaming service overpaying for the media I just don't see how they'll ever make money.

My point is more directed towards the ACB's or EFN's of the world that pop out of no where for a few years and try to be a player and just burn through money. I don't get what investors are thinking to start with. History of this sport has not been kind to MMA orgs overall. Very few have ever found any level of success and only one has really capitalized big time on it. The rest have burned through millions and are an afterthought. I enjoy them while they stick around but they surely aren't giving much of a platform for fighters to utilize them for better contracts. Bellator helps by far the most and outside of Rory and I guess Moose its pretty easy to make the argument for everyone else the UFC has let go to Bellator as the UFC really didn't need them anymore. I truly believe the Melendez is one of the few fighters that was really able to use Bellator to leverage for a much better UFC contract.
Alvarez also

In fairness you don't have access to these international promotions balance sheets so how could you possibly know how profitable they are? ACB and EFN are based in and mostly focus on one home country, Russia in these cases. Then you have others like KSW in Poland and Rizin in Japan that have big followings in their home countries. It's maybe not so surprising that they manage to do well enough in their home markets to sustain the promotion if they do well with ticket sales and have a decent national tv deal.

Back