Actors you would have liked to be more popular

I don't think Tim Roth ever got his due. He was my pick to play the Riddler if that character had ever gotten worked into Nolan's Batman series.

wfp79vmav00mq7vmnw.jpg

He turned down Snape in Potter didn't he? I can kind of see why he did it with the first film being of questionable quality but you could argue that really caused his career to stall a bit in an era where Brit actors were generally doing well in Potter/Tolkien works.

The other obvious one was not getting in Game of Thrones, I could have seen him in a few roles like Littlefinger or Roose Bolton.

Last edited:
After The Green Mile and Saving Private Ryan I would’ve went all in on some Barry Pepper stock.

Too bad he followed those with Battlefield Earth. 61* is probably my favorite sports movie though.

Even though he's had moderate success, I thought Aaron Eckhart would be bigger after Thank you for smoking and The Dark Knight.

Eric Bana was really sought after but he’s disappeared. I figured he’d be chasing oscars after Munic

Michael Shannon. I know he works all the time and is a character actor but he's so good in everything and feel like people don't recognize him enough.

He would have been a good name for this list back in his Greg Buehl days, but it's hard to say he hasn't gotten his due now.

Except looking fine on Wipeout. I love this shit. I am shocked Harvey Weinstein did not notice her

maybe she wouldn't play ball so couldn't get jobs. She was in the Blade series right? Whyd that get cancelled? writers strike? Saw her in some shitty hallmark movie this past xmas

He would have been a good name for this list back in his Greg Buehl days, but it's hard to say he hasn't gotten his due now.

I feel like he's like Rockwell where he's been around forever and finally getting noticed but a lot of people probably still don't know his name.

maybe she wouldn't play ball so couldn't get jobs. She was in the Blade series right? Whyd that get cancelled? writers strike? Saw her in some shitty hallmark movie this past xmas

That was a good show, Blade, and had good story. I hate they cancelled it.

Jill Wagner now hosts this show about being making wood craft or something in their homes on some kind of Christian Network or something.

That was a good show, Blade, and had good story. I hate they cancelled it.

Jill Wagner now hosts this show about being making wood craft or something in their homes on some kind of Christian Network or something.
oh yeah with that grey American Idol dude. I'd like to see that show. I like that kind of shit

Also I forget to mention this guy.

He broke all type for being cast in a lead male role, and as Supes even. He half Japanese, and White and they put him in as Superman.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dean_Cain

After Superman TV show he started hosting some kind of Ripleys or something.

Which brings me up to Jonathan Frakes and everyone else in the Star Trek Uni. I think they all should have gotten roles but did not.

Scores of character actors. I like that they don't flock to celebrity and just want to do their job, but a lot of the time they take roles in shitty projects just to pay the bills, roles that are clearly beneath their talents. Lance Henricksen took roles in a bunch of shitty dtv movies like The Mangler 2 after he was nominated for The Golden Globes and Emmy's every year on Millennium and had lead or prominent roles in Aliens, Near Dark, Pumpkinhead, Hard Target, Dead Man, The Right Stuff, Terminator, etc. The man should at least be getting a ton of voice acting roles like fellow deep voiced character actor Clancy Brown.

I think the proper approach for the thread is to be for actors who never reached big stardom.

Elias Koteas

The Thin Red Line
The+Thin+Red+Line.jpg

Collateral Damage
elias_koteas_madison_mason_collateral_damage_001.jpg

Brian Thompson
Cobra
Cobra-Brian-Thompson-Night-Slasher-pig.png

Lionheart
Lionheart-Wrong-Bet-A-W-O-L-Full-Contact-1990-jean-claude-van-damme-33365649-245-160.gif
Elias was a good in tmnt.
Brian was a great Hercules in Jason and the argonauts. I liked him in X-Files as well.

Evil dead era Bruce Campbell. He shouldn't be in the "cult favorite" category; he should have been in way more stuff and become an outright superstar.

army-of-darkness-bruce-campbell-01.jpg

Also I forget to mention this guy.

He broke all type for being cast in a lead male role, and as Supes even. He half Japanese, and White and they put him in as Superman.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dean_Cain

After Superman TV show he started hosting some kind of Ripleys or something.

Which brings me up to Jonathan Frakes and everyone else in the Star Trek Uni. I think they all should have gotten roles but did not.

The best actors were always guest stars on Star Trek - Kurtwood Smith, Ronny Cox, David Ogden Stiers, etc.

Would have liked to see McNulty from the Wire in stuff.

And more Colin Ferrel but using his normal Irish accent. In Bruges was great.

He turned down the opportunity to be in Game of Thrones. I think it was Mance Raydar.

Back