adam warzdinski butterfly dvd

tekkenfan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
thinking of getting this i love butterfly hook sweeps was curious how well this can go for no gi as well seems a lot of his control revolves around belt grips collar and sleeves from his matches anyone seen it whats your thoughts?

I've bought it and did a first watch of all the DVDs

It's grip heavy but transferrable to no gi I think. The ''lifting'' grip to the belt is the main issue to transfer to no gi but he uses a lot of wrist and elbow ''nogi'' grips to finish the sweeps. I have some success with using an overhook instead of getting the grip but the belt grip is a huge part of this style.

There's a lot of nice entries to single leg X and awesome sweeps from there that can be done in no gi.

He has a solid 2 on 1 / reverse kimura / shotgun / armdrag game (whatever you want to call it) from the butterfly for taking the back or for sweeps. All of this can be useful in no gi. There''s also good stuff for going from Z guard to half butterfly. His Half butterfly is pretty much as efficient has his full butterfly guard with nice transitions to single X

I liked the DVD but was hoping for more conceptual stuff. It's bunch of techniques that are linked together and that's gonna give you a lot of ideas. For my part I'm very happy because this was already my style (butterfly, X guard, SLX) but I don't think it has enough details to build someone from scratch and make him good at those guards.

Also this guy is trickster, there's a lot of little traps and very basic stuff put together that makes him so efficient.

Having rolled with Adam Wardziński it's very demoralizing as he is all timing based.

Having rolled with Adam Wardziński it's very demoralizing as he is all timing based.

He's giving a lot of inputs about his decision making in various situations but it's not a DVD about how to be super talented and being just awesome at sweeping and timing.

Back