ADCC 2013 Discussion

Holy Crap ADCC was awesome (finally, something good happened from living in China). Yeah, During the Kron final match Rickson yelled at the ref and wanted calls against Otavio for stalling and started making chicken clucking sounds :icon_lol: Then...he got a warning.

The ref gave Rickson Gracie a warning? ROFL :icon_lol:

Dude it's +99 kg. Those guys aren't exactly fat, but they aren't exactly skinny either. They are some big boys.

ADCC matches go up to 20 minutes. Of course cardio can be an issue. And with Buchecha's super explosive style combined with his size, it makes sense too.

Skinnier guys in lighter weight classes have better cardio. It's just a fact of nature. It's almost impossible to be +99 kg and have cardio like a -66 kg guy.

He was on his what fifth match of the night? And a few went the distance before too.

1236143_10151646958463937_897342830_n.jpg

chunky as fuck cuz

and you are throwing theoreticals out there, instead of addressing the facts. have you ever seen cardio be an issue for buchecha?

and you are throwing theoreticals out there, instead of addressing the facts. have you ever seen cardio be an issue for buchecha?

Umm everyone just saw cardio be an issue for Buchecha.

You really think he threw the fight huh?

Buchecha has been tired many, many times. Have you ever watched him compete outside of finals matches?

He gases all the time, owing to the incredible pace he pushes. I'm sure someone with better memory can pull exact instances. But its not unheard of.

And while he is far from chunky, it takes a lot of oxygen to keep up with a guy that size. Since he pushes so much, it is very possible for him to gas out bad.

Umm everyone just saw cardio be an issue for Buchecha.

You really think he threw the fight huh?

lol I never once said I believe he threw a fight. I was addressing your first post about gas being an issue for (as in even in the past, yet results seem to prove otherwise) and your comment about him being chunky. follow the bouncing ball...

lol I never once said I believe he threw a fight. I was addressing your first post about gas being an issue for (as in even in the past, yet results seem to prove otherwise) and your comment about him being chunky. follow the bouncing ball...

All I meant by chunky is that he is not skinny. I didn't say he was fat at all. If I meant he was fat, I would have said he was fat. Maybe my high school era slang is different from yours because I grew up in a different place? Chunky was not an insult; most of the football players were proud to be called that.

You can see from the medal pics that Keenan is the same height as him, but Keenan is like 40 lbs less. Keenan is skinny. Buchecha is not. Someone of that size gassing should not be such a shock as to generate conspiracy theories about working the fight.

Tell me what word I should use instead to describe him. I'll go back and edit my post.

I think that given how much scrambly and explosive is Buchecha's game I don't see it strange at all for him to gas, more so in nogi.

Roger for example had a very conservative game and I can't remember him gassing this bad ever (well, in Bjj and grappling at least, where he didn't had to cut weight).

I've seen Buchecha gas many times. Often it's his quality in his last ditch attempts that come through, such as both his weight division and absolute final at the 2012 Mundials.

All I meant by chunky is that he is not skinny. I didn't say he was fat at all. If I meant he was fat, I would have said he was fat. Maybe my high school era slang is different from yours because I grew up in a different place? Chunky was not an insult; most of the football players were proud to be called that.

You can see from the medal pics that Keenan is the same height as him, but Keenan is like 40 lbs less. Keenan is skinny. Buchecha is not. Someone of that size gassing should not be such a shock as to generate conspiracy theories about working the fight.

Tell me what word I should use instead to describe him. I'll go back and edit my post.

'Bulky' would be better, I've never heard 'chunky' to mean anything other than 'fat'.

'Bulky' would be better, I've never heard 'chunky' to mean anything other than 'fat'.

We'd say like chunky or beefy. All of us skinny kids were lifting weights hoping we would get like that. I didn't expect it to cause such butt hurt.

From some thesaurus:

chunky
adjective
1. thickset, stocky, beefy (informal), stubby, dumpy The sergeant was a chunky man in his late twenties.
2. thick, heavy You can't beat these big chunky sweaters for warmth.

That's how I meant it. I wasn't trying to dog on Buchecha.

Last edited:
Please forgive me, bulky overlords

Just don't ever use a word that some other poster thinks means something different than what you think it means again and you'll be fine.

Just don't ever use a word that some other poster thinks means something different than what you think it means again and you'll be fine.

Who you calling "poster"? You think that you can just tape us up on the wall of your bedroom next to Justin Bieber or something?

I prefer "user".

Who you calling "poster"? You think that you can just tape us up on the wall of your bedroom next to Justin Bieber or something?

I prefer "user".

User? How insensitive to all those heroin junkies out there!

I prefer 'member'.

http://jiujiubjj.com/women/bjj-and-women-think-before-you-post/

Chick got her jimmies rustled over some nasty comments made about a pic of Gabi over the weekend.

She has a point in that Gabi can't totally control her appearance and size.

That being said, a lot of the Gabi hate comes from the fact that she is just plain unlikeable. She is huge, and there are lots of accounts that she has taken steroids to get even huger. She hurts opponents to get revenge for perceived slights. Not too long ago, she was screaming at a purple belt opponent half her size to respect her after crushing her in the competition.

It's not her fault that she looks the way she does, but it is her fault that the way she acts reinforces and encourages all the obvious negative comments.

She has a point in that Gabi can't totally control her appearance and size.

That being said, a lot of the Gabi hate comes from the fact that she is just plain unlikeable. She is huge, and there are lots of accounts that she has taken steroids to get even huger. She hurts opponents to get revenge for perceived slights. Not too long ago, she was screaming at a purple belt opponent half her size to respect her after crushing her in the competition.

It's not her fault that she looks the way she does, but it is her fault that the way she acts reinforces and encourages all the obvious negative comments.

I've heard she gets booed at events as well LOL, as you said she brings it on herself.

That match you were talking about, it was against the same woman she beat to take gold.

Back