Adidas Original 3 & Intel X commercial. (Satanic hedonism, hive mind, A.I & Transhumanism)

That's correct, but that is the end - and Jesus told his followers that they would be killed before the judgement.

You're reading a translated word - it's been translated as kingdom, but the word is royal power.

This may get wordy, but Isaiah:

He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not. Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed. All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

9 He had done no wrong and had never deceived anyone. But he was buried like a criminal; he was put in a rich man’s grave.

^That's all OT^

He said some of you will not taste death, and made it quite clear he was talking about those he was standing with....

This is the contradictory nature of the Bible, which is supposed to be true in all parts. He says multiple times that judgement will happen within their lives, then says not even he knows. Muddled. The fig tree is an allegory for God splitting the wheat from the chaff, so to speak.

You say Muddled, I say you misread it to fit what you want.

When were these passages written? AFTER the Roman destruction of Jerusalem.

Well it's written in Matthew and Luke and scholars debate the time most assuming around 70 or 80, but drawing on the supposed Q source that would (if correct) date to around yr 50.

You say Muddled, I say you misread it to fit what you want.

Well it's written in Matthew and Luke and scholars debate the time most assuming around 70 or 80, but drawing on the supposed Q source that would (if correct) date to around yr 50.

I'm misreading it? Seriously?

“For the Son of Man is going to come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and will then repay every man according to his deeds. Truly I say to you, there are some of those who are standing here who will not taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom. (Matthew 16: 27, 28)

Says the son of man is going to come with angels, then says some of those standing with him wont taste death before this happens.

Did I misread that? Really?

Your patter is that of a cult member. I grew up in church, and read the book a dozen times before I was 16. Nobody answered my questions there, and nobody has ever answered these questions in anything but the terms of faith. "If you believe it, then you can read it correctly" is such an insane, dishonest way of defending your beliefs, and is the same tactic I hear Islamic apologists do every time they defend their shit beliefs.

“For the Son of Man is going to come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and will then repay every man according to his deeds. Truly I say to you, there are some of those who are standing here who will not taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom. (Matthew 16: 27, 28)

This passage is incredibly clear.

Was Jesus talking about a kingdom here on Earth? If he was, he failed in his timeline.

Was Jesus talking about a kingdom in Heaven? He failed in his timeline.

And yet, despite him contradicting himself, and saying not even he knows when he will come back, you people still have the presumption and arrogance to claim you do in fact know when this time is.

For the last time, the correct translation is royal power; not kingdom.

Says the son of man is going to come with angels, then says some of those standing with him wont taste death before this happens.

You're reading is fine, you're understanding and interpretation is completely off.

-I'm going to write a post one day that all the WR likes.
-You wont see death until you see me write an excellent post.

You see how those 2 sentences aren't contradictory - granted I'm not going to write a post that the entire wr likes.

-I'm going to write a post one day that all the WR likes.
-You wont see death until you see me write an excellent post.

You see how those 2 sentences aren't contradictory - granted I'm not going to write a post that the entire wr likes.

If you said you would come back to judge the WR within their lifetimes, and 2000 years passed, yes I would say your prediction is wrong.

You're reading is fine, you're understanding and interpretation is completely off.

Did Jesus come back in his father's glory and repay every man according to their deeds, within the lifetimes of the people he was standing with?

βασιλεία, ας, ἡ - basileia - royal power

Did Jesus come back in his father's glory and repay every man according to their deeds, within the lifetimes of the people he was standing with?

The Bible must be read as a whole - you can't grab one line and assume that it's written in context (they were writing down things as they remembered years after the fact); nor should you assume that it isn't written in context.

Matthew and Luke clearly say that the disciples would be killed before the end times/judgment so clearly he wasn't telling the disciples that they would live to see the judgement. If he had wouldn't 1 of them have asked about that??

The Bible must be read as a whole - you can't grab one line and assume that it's written in context (they were writing down things as they remembered years after the fact); nor should you assume that it isn't written in context.

Matthew and Luke clearly say that the disciples would be killed before the end times/judgment so clearly he wasn't telling the disciples that they would live to see the judgement. If he had wouldn't 1 of them have asked about that??

I dont know why they would have asked him about what he meant, considering it was pretty clear. It was clear to new testament writers after the gospels as well.

“Now these things happened to them as an example, but they were written down for our instruction, on whom the end of the ages has come.” (1 Corinthians 10:11)

“Children, it is the last hour, and as you have heard that antichrist is coming, so now many antichrists have come. Therefore we know that it is the last hour.” (1 John 2:18)

The end of all things is near…” (1 Peter 4:7)

“…the coming of the Lord is near. …the Judge is standing right at the door.” (James 5:8, 9)

“Blessed is he who reads and those who hear the words of the prophecy, and heed the things which are written in it; for the time is near.” (Revelation 1:3)

“And he said to me, “These words are faithful and true”; and the Lord, the God of the spirits of the prophets, sent His angel to show to His bond-servants the things which must soon take place. “And behold, I am coming quickly. Blessed is he who heeds the words of the prophecy of this book.” And he said to me, “Do not seal up the words of the prophecy of this book, for the time is near. Behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to render to every man according to what he has done. He who testifies to these things says, “Yes, I am coming quickly.“”… (Revelation 22:6,7,10,12,20)

“Do not seek a wife. This is what I mean, brothers: the appointed time has grown very short. From now on, let those who have wives live as though they had none, and those who mourn as though they were not mourning, and those who rejoice as though they were not rejoicing, and those who buy as though they had no goods, and those who deal with the world as though they had no dealings with it. For the present form of this world is passing away.” (1 Corinthians 7:27,29-31)

Look at what Paul says in 1st Corinthians. Could it be any more clear than that?! Can you really argue with Paul on this?

I dont know why they would have asked him about what he meant, considering it was pretty clear. It was clear to new testament writers after the gospels as well.

“Now these things happened to them as an example, but they were written down for our instruction, on whom the end of the ages has come.” (1 Corinthians 10:11)

“Children, it is the last hour, and as you have heard that antichrist is coming, so now many antichrists have come. Therefore we know that it is the last hour.” (1 John 2:18)

The end of all things is near…” (1 Peter 4:7)

“…the coming of the Lord is near. …the Judge is standing right at the door.” (James 5:8, 9)

“Blessed is he who reads and those who hear the words of the prophecy, and heed the things which are written in it; for the time is near.” (Revelation 1:3)

“And he said to me, “These words are faithful and true”; and the Lord, the God of the spirits of the prophets, sent His angel to show to His bond-servants the things which must soon take place. “And behold, I am coming quickly. Blessed is he who heeds the words of the prophecy of this book.” And he said to me, “Do not seal up the words of the prophecy of this book, for the time is near. Behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to render to every man according to what he has done. He who testifies to these things says, “Yes, I am coming quickly.“”… (Revelation 22:6,7,10,12,20)

“Do not seek a wife. This is what I mean, brothers: the appointed time has grown very short. From now on, let those who have wives live as though they had none, and those who mourn as though they were not mourning, and those who rejoice as though they were not rejoicing, and those who buy as though they had no goods, and those who deal with the world as though they had no dealings with it. For the present form of this world is passing away.” (1 Corinthians 7:27,29-31)

Look at what Paul says in 1st Corinthians. Could it be any more clear than that?! Can you really argue with Paul on this?

Without trying to pick apart each of these, Paul never spoke with Jesus.

And Revelation which you'd claim is written after the destruction of the Temple talks of a rebuilt Temple that would take at least a lifetime to rebuild.

I appreciate the fact that you can google Bible contradictions and copy/paste, but that doesn't mean that you understand it or that the person making the claim understands it.

Without trying to pick apart each of these, Paul never spoke with Jesus.

And Revelation which you'd claim is written after the destruction of the Temple talks of a rebuilt Temple that would take at least a lifetime to rebuild.

I appreciate the fact that you can google Bible contradictions and copy/paste, but that doesn't mean that you understand it or that the person making the claim understands it.

Weren't Paul's writings god breathed true, like the rest of the Bible?

One does not need to be a believer to understand and critique scripture.

That's why they used to call me "White Chocolate" when I stepped on the court.
tumblr_olkvyamhCI1ur4zrgo1_400.gif

Weren't Paul's writings god breathed true, like the rest of the Bible?

One does not need to be a believer to understand and critique scripture.

What's with you and the term "God-breathed true"? Have you actually ever heard a person talk like that? I have a hard time believing you grew up in church and read the Bible a dozen times when you post like that.

The term you are looking for is "divinely inspired".

Back