Adults who can't read.

Robert_Harris_-_A_Meeting_of_the_School_Trustees.jpg
wood

Before you guys make fun, you should know that I can't read.

I lived in foreign countries and couldn’t read. It’s not that hard to get around.

Some dude I went to 5th grade with couldn’t read.

Half the fuckers in my building can't speak English so I'm sure they can't read it either. They make it just fine

A bunch of professional athletes can't read.
I met a lady once who worked for Washington State University admissions and told me the requirements for athletes were ridiculously lower than that of a standard student.

She stated she met numerous basketball and football players who could maybe read at a 3rd grade level.

Worked with an executive whose e-mails looked like they were written by a 5 year old. I don't understand how he got the job to be honest. We would pass his e-mails around the office, joking around trying to figure out what he was saying. He always added a line in his e-mails saying "sent from mobile" or some shit, yet I'd see him send the e-mail from a laptop.

You sound mean.

He probably has really good people skills or is handsome or something.

Even if you’re smarter than him, being friendly obviously took him further than being bitter has for you.

It seems like every month an article comes out about poor reading levels seen in inner city schools. For decades there has been talk about improving the inner city schools, but no serious improvements have been done.

Because most of the kids parents don't care

I know a middle aged man in Mississippi that can't read. The worst part is that no one in his social circle finds it weird.

Peeple hoo cant reed r stewpid.

its absolutely shocking how so many people, even those with "prestigious" jobs, dont know youre/your/ and there/their/theyre.

so I'm not surprised. I think a lot of people underestimate just how stupid the average person is.

The oldest fighter in my gym couldn't read, often had to ask where toilets were in pubs, listened to audio books etc.

He was of traveler stock, a known family I'm the area. One of the hardest men I've ever met and he taught me how to deal with a shorter fighter. His overhand right was proper mustard and after mastering defence of it I was confident to deal with anyone's. Saw him break a guys orbital bone with a jab and he could do standing splits with his foot above his head.

He's over in Australia now probably fucking people up left, right and centre.

No he's probably still in that pub looking for the bathroom

Seriously though, it starts with the U.S president not knowing how to read.

Back