Advise an arsehole please!

I really pick my battles now. If it's someone I know, I let them say whatever stupid shit they want. Strangers I will blast though, if they're doing something stupid that actually effects me.

So, ignore stupid shit unless it effects you personally because you're sure not going to fix their stupid by talking to them about it. That's my basic day to day advice.

That's a good point. Legit hadn't even considered that before. Which seems dumb now.
Yeah a lot of times there's a subtle aura of "if this conversation gets more heated, I'll just dunk you like a basketball" I'm a little bit bigger than average guy as well, and I noticed a while ago that women and smaller guys get a bit intimidated sometimes.

Even though I never intend anything like that.

Pick your battles. There is no need to call people out just so you can say I don’t you so. If it’s trivial then who cares? Also if you pick your battles then when you do disagree with something, people will actually listen to it more as it doesn’t happen all the time. Instead of the reaction being “oh here comes Phlog the contrarian”.

The wedding is their day and NOT yours. If you can’t control yourself then don’t go and ruin such an important day of their lives. Also if you need to eat non vegan food that bad where you can’t go a meal without it, then have a large meal prior to the wedding so you don’t sit there hungry.

In regards to the environment, I read that as the environment of the wedding where they don’t want a bunch of annoying children running around and ruining the adults fun, which I agree with, and not environment as air/pollution etc.

I wouldn't bother going. They'll probably have a fucking library monitor 'shushing' people who are talking or having too much fun.
But still give them a wedding gift, maybe a photo of your children.

So I'm trying to reform from being an arsehole, I had a thread about it a few days ago.

A couple of mutual friends had told my wife they didn't want to hang it with me because I'm a pain in the arse. They're right of course, I tend to call out bullshit when I see it with friends, like if they're being sjw's etc.

Everything was going great until we got an invite to a friends wedding.

It's a vegan wedding, in a library, with a Christmas theme and kids are not invited.

The invite said there was little for kids to do at this location so enjoy a child free evening!

I asked my wife what that was about and she said they've decided not to have kids because it's better for the environment. They think they're that important that whether they have kids or not will make a difference to the environment <45>

I don't think this is going to end well and I'm wondering about strategies.....

Why are you friends with people you don’t like?

I think you need to start there.

Not having kids is the single biggest way to reduce your carbon footprint, so yeah it actually does make quite a difference. Even just having one less kid is a huge difference.

Back