African Boxers

Poverty breeds the best fighters.

true, but when boxing is a hard enough sport to get into for 1st world countries it makes it fucking near impossible for 3rd worlders. Most Africans would tend towards soccer rather than boxing

true, but when boxing is a hard enough sport to get into for 1st world countries it makes it fucking near impossible for 3rd worlders. Most Africans would tend towards soccer rather than boxing

What level of boxing are we talking about? The elite professional level?.....I don't know how many gyms are in Africa, but there are gyms everywhere local to me. Three competitive boxing gyms within a 5 city radius. Yeah, soccer is the most popular sport internationally, it's crazy how much so.

What level of boxing are we talking about? The elite professional level?.....I don't know how many gyms are in Africa, but there are gyms everywhere local to me. Three competitive boxing gyms within a 5 city radius. Yeah, soccer is the most popular sport internationally, it's crazy how much so.

different villages ive been have had wrestling places and boxing but not anywhere near high level and with pretty much zero financial backing. soccer seems to rule their world but i get why...you can make a soccer field anywhere, mud/grass/desert and still play with a half flat ball lol

different villages ive been have had wrestling places and boxing but not anywhere near high level and with pretty much zero financial backing. soccer seems to rule their world but i get why...you can make a soccer field anywhere, mud/grass/desert and still play with a half flat ball lol

Wow you've been to Africa, are you from there? You don't have to answer that question if you don't want to, I was just curious. I would really like to go to Africa. I've been to Japan. They have quite a few baseball fields that way.

That's unfortunate. Boxing, and wrestling seem as if they would be the least costly of most sports. Outside of what you may have to pay in overhead expenses, and the coaches if they are non volunteer, I would think boxing would be the way to go money wise.

It was for a long time referred to as "the poor man's sport", at least in America. I hope they can get more opportunities or backing to get a program available.

Wow you've been to Africa, are you from there? You don't have to answer that question if you don't want to, I was just curious. I would really like to go to Africa. I've been to Japan. They have quite a few baseball fields that way.

That's unfortunate. Boxing, and wrestling seem as if they would be the least costly of most sports. Outside of what you may have to pay in overhead expenses, and the coaches if they are non volunteer, I would think boxing would be the way to go money wise.

It was for a long time referred to as "the poor man's sport", at least in America. I hope they can get more opportunities or backing to get a program available.

Im not African but spent many years around it working. They tend to follow african superstar soccer players. Even the most remote places they will be wearing chelsea/barcelon tshirts etc.

It is not costly, but these guys spend many many hours doing laborious jobs outdoors, i guess getting punches in the face and training 4 hours a day isnt a priority when theyre poor and no network to boxing professionally.

This is totally debatable nowdays. The science on it is sketchy as fuck. Also given that Africa wasn't even in existence when man was first around and continental drift is a massive factor.

Who knows.
Africa existed and is where you can trace all of our dna to.

Well. I was more talking about the expropriation of land and lack of property rights being a problem for foreign investors. Aswell as not having access to basic infrastructure any kind of modern farming techniques, machinery, genetically modified crops etc that take less time to cycle. Farming isn't as easy as putting a seed in the ground. Especially if said farmers salt the earth before either leaving or being shot

May sound easy but this happened in Zimbabwe a few years ago. I dont think those legitimate concerns are a little hackneyed.

I think they're fucked. Bless them.
well, the lack of infrastructure is definitely a legitimate concern. However, you can always import food. It isn't cheap, and it isn't particularly enjoyable, but importing food until the population becomes ready to sustain itself agriculturally doesn't seem impossible. That did happen in Zimbabwe, it's true, but Zimbabwe was a paraiah state battered by sanctions and let's be honest, think what you will of South Africa's current government, they aren't Mugabe. Again, maybe agricultural production will go down, but famine seems like a bit of a stretch, so long as South Africa isn't just cast outside the global system like Iraq in the 90s.

I have worked as security advisor and medical cover on large mining projects around Africa and the biggest budget other than the engineering department was environmentalists (people who were there to please the locals).

The local villages were given jobs (for woman as well as men), they were offered free educational courses in a plethora of technical skills, they were even offered the education to match the agricultural equipment.

I'll give you one guess how well the locals fared despite given all the opportunities in the world...

My point is, you can lead a donkey to water, but you can't force the cunt to drink it!

Well, I can't speak to your experiences nor do I know shit about mining. I don't doubt what you're describing (though it sounds like it was in other parts of Africa, which tend to fare worse than South Africa along most metrics). However, like I said, this isn't about agricultural output going down a bit, it's about the idea that South Africa is doomed to starve. Land nationalizaiton worked pretty well in Burkina Faso actually: Sankara, for all the criticisms you can have of him, was actually fairly succesful in making sure his country succeeded in creating food surplus, a large part of which was land nationalization. Moreover, like I said above, food can be imported. South Africa has access to the sea (unlike Zimbabwe) and unlike Zimbabwe, isn't internationally isolated. I don't think agriculture is easy, but this is going to be a long term thing. Unless you think the locals are too dumb to ever figure it out of course.

Two African men joined my old boxing gym a few years back. Both are about 5' 8. But have unbelievably low body fat percentage & are very densely built. Just bone and muscle.
Both took to boxing like they were destined for it.

I've wondered this myself, seems like there would be a few ruff mothwr fuckers that would have come from there ,i mean there has been but id figure theyd had a way better stable of fighters in general, be it mma or boxing

Two African men joined my old boxing gym a few years back. Both are about 5' 8. But have unbelievably low body fat percentage & are very densely built. Just bone and muscle.
Both took to boxing like they were destined for it.
Thats what im saying, im suprised that hasnt been tapped into and we see a lot more

Indongo was on a nice winning streak, until he fought Crawford.

Speaking of African boxers, its a shame Ike Ibeabuchi never got his shot vs Lennox.

Thats what im saying, im suprised that hasnt been tapped into and we see a lot more
Yeah I see. These two didnt even speak English and were from some barely developed part too.

I did a genetic test you retard
Since everyone on this planet has African DNA in them then you must be some kind of alien and not human, retard.

This is a quote from a Genographic Project Lead Scientist
Dr. Spencer Wells said:
You and I, in fact everyone all over the world,
we’re literally African under the skin; brothers and sisters
separated by a mere two thousand generations.
Old-fashioned concepts of race are not only socially divisive,
but scientifically wrong.

Last edited:
Since everyone on this planet has African DNA in them then you must be some kind of alien and not human, retard.

This is a quote from a Genographic Project Lead Scientist
I just told you I did a dna test dumbass, and I have zero African dna so shove that cuck science up your ass

I just told you I did a dna test dumbass, and I have zero African dna so shove that cuck science up your ass
Go fuck yourself you racist idiot, everyone had African DNA in so stop lying to yourself.

Go fuck yourself you racist idiot, everyone had African DNA in so stop lying to yourself.
So my genetic test was wrong? Get over it moron not everyone is African lmao you loser.

Back