After all these years and GTA is still the best open world game on console

What is the GOAT open-world game on consoles?

• Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Far Cry 3

• Just Cause 2

• Saint's Row IV

• Tom Clancy's The Division

• Watch Dogs

• Total voters

BjPenn2017

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I don't think this can be disputed. No other open world games can even hold a candle to gta. Rockstar the first company to do mainstream open world games, and they still make the best by a mile. No comparison, whenever gta 6 comes out it will be the benchmark open world games aspire to be for years once again, just like gta 5.

Dafuq you talkin about? Breath of the Wild and Witcher 3 have far better open worlds than GTA.

giphy.gif

Pretty much, GTA 5 is a true classic. I remember playing it for the first time back in 2013 and I was blown away.

Tried playing it recently, played like crap. The controls were terrible and just ew. Uninstalled that shit.

GTAV is the best open world game I've played bar none. But I think other games have done open world better. Witcher 3 has a fantastic open world but the variety wasn't there for me.

Also I'm a California nut so maybe I'm biased, I dunno.

In terms of online multiplayer, no other game comes close imo. Rockstar always produces quality open world games. I got it back in 2014 and it's still one of my main games I play.

Read dead redemption tops GTA and witcher 3 in my humble opinion

I hope this isnt showing my age but i disagree

Command_&_Conquer_1995_cover.jpg

Threw a poll together. Tried to diversify on franchising where possible, but for some, the TES, obviously, there's simply no justification to clip any and push forwards the title for which there is a general consensus is best; no consensus exists with that franchise, and it probably remains the most important open world franchise on console outside of GTA V.

And as I type that I just realized I left off the other GTA's.

Oh well. I screwed up, but I'm not fixing it now.

Agreed whole heartedly. GTA Online is still amazing 4 years later. GOAT game and open world.

2nd place?? Hmm. FFXV I am playing through and it's pretty but boring.

I would have to say Fallout 4 as there is lots to do AND see.

Might get flamed but gta v is overrated. San Andreas is easily the best gta game. Not even close, everything they've done since has been a step down

i wanted to like gta 5, just didn't click with me. it felt like a damn driving simulator (go across town and steal a car, now drive to the other side of the town and drop it off, then get a car and come back over to where you started to collect). Ugh. no thanks i run enough errands in real life. 5 was better then 4 though, ugh, the friend simulator was tiresome, i don't even hang out with my real cousins that much.

i liked mafia 2's open world simply because the cars were fun to drive, the music stations were cool and i loved getting into shootouts with the police while robbing gun stores and gas stations with my lil snub nose revolver.

1. San Andreas (with PC mods)
2. Saints Row 3
3 GTA 5
4 Saints Row 4

wDfHQFX.jpg

My favorites are probably

GTAIV
Oblivion
Red Dead Redemption

I think GTA IV's world is highly underrated. I played the living shit out of that game right until GTA V dropped. I could see some giant differences in GTAV that make it vastly inferior to IV. The ai is absolute shit in comparison to IV.

Cops dont chase you in near a dynamic fashion as IV
Cops are called on you, no matter where you are
Cops have god like accuracy
npcs get pissed, or run away when you get near them, people did so much more in IV
Gunshots dont impact people in memorable ways like in IV
and about 1000 other little ai things that made the world breath.

I still love V, but it's stripped won in some critical areas that make dicking around in the world a tedium.

It's the physics that set GTA apart IMO

Sure, The Witcher 3 might have some more detail in the graphics, but everything feels static in that game

In GTA everything feels connected by physics, the way things collide into each other and deform etc...

It makes a big difference in the immersion of the world IMO

If I removed one game from the poll to add in GTA: San Andreas or GTA IV, which game do you think is best removed (and choose only from those which don't currently have a vote)?

Also, is San Andreas really loved more than IV?

If I removed one game from the poll to add in GTA: San Andreas or GTA IV, which game do you think is best removed (and choose only from those which don't currently have a vote)?

Also, is San Andreas really loved more than IV?

I'd probably condense the Assasins Creed into 1 entry, since they're basically all the same game.

In my opinion, San Andreas is the best GTA to date, with 5 a close second. GTA 4 is probably the worst. GTA 4 wasn't even as good as the 2 spin offs of it.

I'd probably condense the Assasins Creed into 1 entry, since they're basically all the same game.

In my opinion, San Andreas is the best GTA to date, with 5 a close second. GTA 4 is probably the worst. GTA 4 wasn't even as good as the 2 spin offs of it.
Yeah, I was looking at those games, too. Isn't Brotherhood considered the best of them-- especially in an open world context? I thought only Black Flag was more liked for its freedom, but I was under the impression it didn't receive the same acclaim or was as loved as the II - Brotherhood games were.

Back