After Listening to Khabib on the MMA Hour . . .

Non-staph Kevin Lee beats them all. Was totally winning Ferg fight until he gassed.

It's crazy how we were supposed to see Khabib and Tony so many fucking times in the past but didn't - this one single fight changes the whole perspective on the LW division right now and could have had profound effects on the top 5 literally 3 fucking times already. Now that it is still on the horizon some time I fear that when they finally DO meet it won't be as intriguing as before. One or both could suffer losses the belt could stay with McGregor, or switch up a few times giving it a rock-paper-scissors feel as divisions often do get when lacking a single dominant force..

It really needs to happen sooner rather than later. But sat this point with Tony the IC and on a 10 fight winning streak it just doesn't feel right at the same time. BUT, ALSO at the same time this fight was put off so many times it has potential to be one of the biggest fights at LW in the modern era.

The ideal situation would be for Tony vs Khabib for the LW belt while they both still are on streaks. Anything else makes it .. less intriguing as I said. But even then if that were to happen McGregor suddenly goes back to the L column so it's a catch-22.

All in all they really should have fucking fought long ago already because LW it just clogging up more and more with elite fighters and there needs to be more space for the prospects to have their chance in the spotlight. New skilled competitors are flooding LW and this stalemate at the top of the division has to be put to rest.

I'm over Khabib.

Doing an interview doesn't mean "he's back". He still doesn't have a fight.

Khabib is a pussy that refuses to fight at his natural weight. If you're walking around at over 190, you need not attempt to fight at 155. Thats just crazy. He's scared to fight people his own size.

How much do you think Lee and Ferguson walk around at?

I'd rather see both McGregor vs Ferguson and McGregor vs Khabib (if Conor beats Tony like I expect him to) happen instead, so no.

Ferguson should be granted the shot ASAP. If Ferguson beats Conor, then we can maybe see him put the belt on the line against Khabib later. As it is, Khabib should have to prove he can make weight at least a couple of times before he's granted any kind of shot.

I guess I'll have to listen to the MMA hour...

Mcgregor vs. Ferguson

I can't go through the heartbreak of Ferguson vs. Nurmagomedov again. Let Khabib fight Barboza or Lee prove he can make that weight then he can take the winner. It's an easy game.
The opponent doesn't affect his chances of getting injured any more or any less. It's irrelevant.

No. Khabib had plenty of chances. He's content to sit on the bench 1/2 the year, he can wait till we want him.

At a weight low enough to make 155

Can't say the same about Khabib
Tony weights 195-200 out of camp. Khabib weighs 185-190 out of camp. Lee, Tony, and Khabib all start their cuts around 180. Lee cuts a bit more then Tony, or so he says.

Out of all of them Tony is the only one who's actually fought at WW. Khabib is probably the smallest of the 3.

Man I hope he gets a fight soon.

Interview is good.

khabib vs gaethje would be sick.

Last edited:
Khabib is a pussy that refuses to fight at his natural weight. If you're walking around at over 190, you need not attempt to fight at 155. Thats just crazy. He's scared to fight people his own size.
Tony has stated many times he gets over 200lbs as well.

Khabib vs Tony is simply the one of the (if not the) best fights that UFC could possibly put together - still.

25 fight winstreak vs 10 fight winstreak.

Back