After ufc singapore

Cmpd1234

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Not many people seem impressed with Leon Edwards despite his 5 fight win streak beating some good fighters.

Where would you rank him after he beats cowboy and who would you Match him up with next?

He's just another reason why the WW division is weak as piss
If he's top 5
I'd rather watch women's atomweight

He's pretty solid, I'm not sure why the hate.

Maybe it was the life and death battle with Barbarena
The borefest (baring last minute of the 3rd) against Sobatta
Maybe it's the fact he's so forgettable

He just doesn't move my needle

Top 15, would put him against Masvidal.

If he's top 5
I mean he has beat tumenov, luque, barberana and sabotta in his last 4 fight and stopped 2 of them. No need to be so dramatic

I mean he has beat tumenov, luque, barberana and sabotta in his last 4 fight and stopped 2 of them. No need to be so dramatic

Who gives a fuck
Luque is the only one that matters out of those 4 not hating
Just being realistic
And he went life and death with barberana

It makes me sick in my mouth to say could you even imagine what Colby or Usman would do to him?

Who gives a fuck
Just being realistic

It makes me sick in my mouth to say could you even imagine what Colby or Usman would do to him?
It wasnt life or death. He got caught it happens and still got the win.

His already faught usman a few years ago when his wrestling was below par for the ufc and his gone away and worked on it. He still only lost decision

If he beats cowboy, then I'd put him in the top 10. I think the problem is most people, myself included, simply don't see him beating anyone in the top 10 really. He's the fighter who will beat mid-tier guys, but probably loses to the upper echelon. I mean he could win this weekend and beat a top 10 guy after that, and prove me wrong. However, I don't see it.

Last edited:
If he's top 5
Wouldn't say the WW division is that weak. It's average compared to the Flyweight and LHW divisions.

Who gives a fuck
Just being realistic

In what universe is Tumenov not a great win?

And Usman already fought him, which is arguably Usman's best win right now.

If he beats cowboy, then I'd put him in the top 15. I think the problem is most people, myself included, simply don't see him beating anyone in the top 10 really. He's the fighter who will beat mid-tier guys, but probably loses to the upper echelon. I mean he could win this weekend and beat a top 10 guy after that, and prove me wrong. However, I don't see it.
He is 26 years old lol. WWs don't generally hit their prime until around 30. He's ahead of where 99% of 170 lbers are at that age.

Masvidal would make a lot of sense, considering his best win is over Cerrone. Gunnar or Magny would also be good matchups.

Maybe it was the life and death battle with Barbarena
The borefest (baring last minute of the 3rd) against Sobatta
Maybe it's the fact he's so forgettable

He just doesn't move my needle
Didn't he drop Sobotta in Round 1? What about the Tumenov fight?

Didn't he drop Sobotta in Round 1? What about the Tumenov fight?

Maybe he did I don't know I was too busy falling asleep
And I've addressed Tumenov in here before, he's a generic Russian and if he was actually good, UFC would of kept him around

Not many people seem impressed with Leon Edwards despite his 5 fight win streak beating some good fighters.

Where would you rank him after he beats cowboy and who would you Match him up with next?
I'm impressed by Edwards. But his last fight again Peter was kinda shit.

He is 26 years old lol. WWs don't generally hit their prime until around 30. He's ahead of where 99% of 170 lbers are at that age.
Also with no previous background in any martial art before starting out 9 years ago by just turning up at an mma gym. If you look at how much he has progressed in the last 3 years while being in the ufc its silly to dismiss him

Maybe he did I don't know I was too busy falling asleep
And I've addressed Tumenov in here before, he's a generic Russian and if he was actually good, UFC would of kept him around
To say that "if he was good they would have kept him around" is just silly.

They let MacDonald, Mousasi, Krylov, Horiguchi and many others go, because they couldn't dig in their pockets. I agree that Tumenov is not some world-beater, but he's still a pretty solid win because nobody ever saw Edwards winning that fight.

Also, lol @ your haterade. "I didn't see him knock him down because I was too busy falling asleep", mate, the knockdown was in Round 1? Why on earth were you falling asleep in Round 1?

Back