After Watching Maia vs Masvidal

Mikey Palangio

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I have to conclude that any fighter who gets RNCd is either James Toney level BJJ or is just a quitter.

No fighter worth his weight in gold should ever be RNCd. You can't complete the RNC with one arm, so the obvious defense is to keep two hand on one, and do your best to avoid those annoying pepper shots that don't really do anything.

High level fighters should not be getting RNCd unless they are prone to quit.

I have to conclude that any fighter who gets RNCd is either James Toney level BJJ or is just a quitter.

No fighter worth his weight in gold should ever be RNCd. You can't complete the RNC with one arm, so the obvious defense is to keep two hand on one, and do your best to avoid those annoying pepper shots that don't really do anything.

The last thing you can call Holly Holm is a quitter and her jits isn't bad (she's the only opponent that survived on the ground with Ronda).

You are somewhat correct, but the way a fighter sets it up may be confusing. Also, some fighters might just panic and forget all the basics thus becoming vulnerable.

Wasn't this a Hughes vs Trigg statement

And when your crap is being squeezed from body lock, your brain forgets to talk to your hands

You're right. Dan Henderson, Matt Brown, and Carlos Condit must be quitters.

It is the most common successful submission in the UFC, making up about 40% of submission wins, with guillotines making up about 25%, and armbars about 7%. Any other single submission type made up 5% of sub finishes or less.

Therefore, you're probably wrong.

Ts should be prone to quit making threads.

And that's really what you got from that fight?
How drunk were you when you watched it?

That fight taught you one thing: Masvidal has a very high level ground game.

At first I wanted to argue with you, but honestly it's not even worth it lol

For BJJ experts It would be considerably harder to defend if there were no gloves right??

Hey everyone, look at this Sherdog Brazilian jiu jit su and submission grappling expert over here.

Maia showed against Rick Story that he doesn't need to get under your neck to make you tap.

Dude could rape Frank Murr if he wanted to

Amirite Frank?

<5>

And that's really what you got from that fight?
How drunk were you when you watched it?

That fight taught you one thing: Masvidal has a very high level ground game.
Isn't this what I am saying?

You are either a quitter or James Toney level BJJ. You are trying so hard to be whatever, you are agreeing without even knowing it.

HAHAHA

Guys like Maia have a sh*t ton of tricks up their sleeve to break grips and secure the choke. You can actually choke people out with one arm, Marcelo does it all the time. You can also punch and that can get guys to flinch and let go. It is tough to defend against the really good guys.....

Last edited:
Hey everyone, look at this Sherdog Brazilian jiu jit su and submission grappling expert over here.
I am not an expert.

I saw Masvidal do the obvious versus one of the best grapplers in UFC mma. The round could have been 1 hour long, and Demian Maia was NEVER going to get Masvidal in a RNC.

Two hands on one at all times, don't worry too much about those little pepper shots. He is just wasting his energy anyways.

I am sure by the time you are a blue belt, you have already been coached this.

So, if you get RNCd you are an amateur in real mma competition or you are just a quitter. McGregor obviously quit.

0/10 troll thread.

Also, you can absolutely finish the RNC one handed. ie: Denis Kang vs Amar Suloev.

Back