After Watching Maia vs Masvidal

I think you are the one trolling me. If you are not a troll, what are you doing in this thread? How does your brain work?

You enter a thread. You read an opinion. You decide the opinion is dumb. And yet, you still take time from your day to engage and make an irrelevant opinion. Who is the troll?

In general, a fighter who gets RNCd is not a good grappler and/or is prone to quit. Do you agree or disagree?

Either way, state why. If you are not interested in the debate, don't bother. Is it really that difficult to abstain from something you consider "stupid" in your opinion?

There are so many threads that I don't even bother with, because they are below my intelligence. Look at my posting record. I doubt you will find more than 5 examples of me running around calling people names because I don't agree with their opinions.

If I think you are stupid or a troll. I don't even bother typing a single character. Why can't you be the same?

On top of what has already been said, lot of rnc are locked in transitions and scrambles when its hard to defend with two hands on one. Not when the back is fully established. There is likely one million way to get the Rnc in mma or grappling btw.
If you dont know that either you have never trained or you are a troll.

Ask Carlos Condit about those annoying peppering shots.

For BJJ experts It would be considerably harder to defend if there were no gloves right??
yes

but some guys have developed systems for getting under the chin with gloves on

Maia is actually not the best at this. Gunnar Nelson might be the best I've seen. Chiesa is a beast at this also

Theorhetically, the defense for any sub is "simple." That doesn't stop submission experts from scoring submissions.

On top of what has already been said, lot of rnc are locked in transitions and scrambles when its hard to defend with two hands on one. Not when the back is fully established. There is likely one million way to get the Rnc in mma or grappling btw.
If you dont know that either you have never trained or you are a troll.
How is all this relevant to this discussion?

If Demian Maia ever got caught in a RNC I will lose respect for either (1) his BJJ credentials and/or (2) his "heart."

This is the last post for this thread. It is clear to me that most of agree, but you just don't want to say it, so you are bringing up tangential arguments.

My point remains if you get caught in a RNC either (1) Your BJJ isn't that great and/or (2) Your "heart" is suspect.

How is all this relevant to this discussion?

If Demian Maia ever got caught in a RNC I will lose respect for either (1) his BJJ credentials and/or (2) his "heart."

This is the last post for this thread. It is clear to me that most of agree, but you just don't want to say it, so you are bringing up tangential arguments.

My point remains if you get caught in a RNC either (1) Your BJJ isn't that great and/or (2) Your "heart" is suspect.

You dropped to 0.5/10

Could you imagine how awesome would be if we all catch TS in backpack position and let him hold our hand as long as he wishes, then we start to pound his face and body at will.

But as it seems nobody ever done that (in all those 3 fights TS saw), they all just let the attacker's hand go to help him with a victory. People know nothing about the altruism in every fighter's heart.

The good thing is: Referee never stops a fight on either full mount or backpack positions, so were Demian surname'd Laflare or Davis he could just lay there and wait until the round is over, maybe even take a nap alongside everybody else watching the fight.

-1/10 TS

There are a lot of variables that TS isn't taking into consideration. For example, exhaustion, arm/grip strength, reach, sweat level and most importantly set-up. If a fighter sinks in a RNC during a scramble it is a lot more difficult to hand fight than in the Mas Maia scenario.

Let me get this straight.

My argument is: A fighter who gets RNCd is either (1) Amateurish or (2) A quitter. Your counter argument is: Maia can complete the RNC with one arm.

And I am the one with the flawed logic.

Unbelievable. I am laughing like a madman typing this. Wow!

Nice try to act as if your initial comment doesn't exist, very poor troll job son.

Only thing being laughed at, is your incredibly poor attempt to put distance between you and your initial comments, which were that someone cannot be RNC'd with one arm, unless they are very poor at BJJ or quitters. You get made the fool, which wasn't very difficult mind you, and you try to distance yourself from the original comments YOU made in the OP. You made the comment earlier on how you choose your words very carefully, which I believe you have found it is much more difficult to do when you clearly have zero knowledge on the subject to which you are speaking.

Time to move along, you are obviously not worthy. You are correct, there is most definitely some LOL going on.

Nice try to act as if your initial comment doesn't exist, very poor troll job son.

Only thing being laughed at, is your incredibly poor attempt to put distance between you and your initial comments, which were that someone cannot be RNC'd with one arm, unless they are very poor at BJJ or quitters. You get made the fool, which wasn't very difficult mind you, and you try to distance yourself from the original comments YOU made in the OP. You made the comment earlier on how you choose your words very carefully, which I believe you have found it is much more difficult to do when you clearly have zero knowledge on the subject to which you are speaking.

Time to move along, you are obviously not worthy. You are correct, there is most definitely some LOL going on.
Here is my initial comment:
"I have to conclude that any fighter who gets RNCd is either James Toney level BJJ or is just a quitter.

No fighter worth his weight in gold should ever be RNCd. You can't complete the RNC with one arm, so the obvious defense is to keep two hand on one, and do your best to avoid those annoying pepper shots that don't really do anything.

High level fighters should not be getting RNCd unless they are prone to quit."

Where is the contradiction?

I have to conclude that any fighter who gets RNCd is either James Toney level BJJ or is just a quitter.

No fighter worth his weight in gold should ever be RNCd. You can't complete the RNC with one arm, so the obvious defense is to keep two hand on one, and do your best to avoid those annoying pepper shots that don't really do anything.

High level fighters should not be getting RNCd unless they are prone to quit.
Alright hard man

4l8o3S.gif

I thought this would be interesting. Instead I'm leaving disgusted.
<DisgustingHHH>

You can finish the choke with one arm

A master like Maia can find openings and ways to get both arms free. What are are saying is like saying "I don't see how anyone gets H-bombed. It's all he does. Doesn't work that way. These guys find ways to do it.

I have to conclude that any fighter who gets RNCd is either James Toney level BJJ or is just a quitter.

Thats not what worth your weight in gold means

When u get punched five rounds non stop anything can happen

TS, why aren't you an MMA coach? You ought to be doing more with your knowledge than awaring us noobs of this high level stuff on Sherdog discussion boards.

If you think defending a submission involves only fighting the hand you are just a uninformed Sh*t poster that has never grappled in his life

ridiculous, fighters make mistakes sometimes, and many great fighters have been rear naked choked.
because masvidal did a great job after studying maia's RNC technique, then nobody can legitimately get choked against their will and it means they just quit ?

I saw a fight where a fighter slipped a punch, so all fighters that get punched are quitters because they should have done the same ? that's your logic...

Back