Age difference between chuck and Tito

bjpenngoat

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
So ten to twelve years ago the 5 year age difference meant nothing as they were both still under 40 and chuck wasnt washed up and old. Tito being 43.or 44 and chuck being 49 is huge now. after 40 the aging process works a bit quicker and your reflexes and speed and strength starts to deteriorate at a faster pace. Chuck might be 5 or 6 years older but the chasm is huge between 44 and 49. Plus I think Tito is built to last longer as far as his phsyique and style. Chuck looks like an old man because he aged rapidly over the last few years while Tito has maintained close to previous form from.his 30s. Randy and hendo are freaks not everyone can do what they did.

Should have fought in Japan, where they could have used the "stuff"

titowah3lk.jpg

The only reason tito looks good is.... well I don't wanna get banned

I think it’s safe to assume chuck hasn’t lived the healthiest lifestyle since retiring and even back when he was fighting. We all saw the videos of him looking blown out of his mind. That shit will age you quick while Tito, despite not being elite for a while, has maintained his physique and training. Tito is the type of guy that doesn’t balloon up and get a gut when he’s not fighting.

That Tito face breaks me up every time I see it. <45>

Tito, despite not being elite for a while, has maintained his physique and training. Tito is the type of guy that doesn’t balloon up and get a gut when he’s not fighting.

I've never seen Tito not jacked. Say what you want about the guy but he seems to always train seriously.

He is going to finish Chuck, easily.

you may be right about rapid physical deterioration once a person hits their 40s, but i also think tito's stayed active, while chuck probably let himself go for the past couple of years.

also, +1 for using chasm.

Chuck is not only older but he's far more removed from physical competition compared to Tito. There's a reason why Chuck retired The first time. He couldn't take a shot anymore. Don't be surprised if Tito wins by KO/TKO.

Pics of how they look now wouldn't hurt.

Tito looked fucking huge on Schaub's podcast the other day. Apparently he was only 225.

Chuck is basically 60. If Chuck actually wins this fight I would feel embarrassed for Tito.

When motherfuckers are this old the age between 'em don't matter and you measure it in eons.

Tito has competed straight through at a fairly high level, no huge break from the sport, always in shape as others have mentioned.

Chuck was basically forced into retirement around ten years ago when his chin turned to dust after relying on his ability to take a shot rather than learn and implement proper defensive striking techniques.

Styles:

Tito is a grappler, ground and pound and submissions. As such he spent less time "trading blows" in the pocket and hasn't been KOed (most if not all of his stoppage losses were TKO).

Chuck, though he was a division 1 wrestler, fought exclusively as a striker/kickboxer in his MMA career. His success relied heavily on him being able to withstand the other guys' shots while they could not take his. (Eventually this strategy failed when his chin went.). As such he took several BAD KO LOSSES, not to mention presumably a ton of shots over the years in sparring.

Chuck's style requires reflexes and speed, the first things to go on an aging athlete.

Tito's style relies more on brute strength, technique, power. Things that he still has for the most part.

In their UFC years Tito couldn't take Chuck down and didn't offer him a threat standing.
UUUUGE advantage Chuck.

Tito's striking never evolved into anything beyond somewhat passable rudimentary boxing, but his chin still seems fine.

Chuck had way way better striking but I doubt it will be effective at his current very slow speed and his aparent inability to throw more than 3 punches without taking a break.

This fight, or any fight involving Chuck Liddell in 2018, should not have been sanctioned.

I think the biggest issue is Chuck has been brutally KTFO multiple times now while I don't think I've ever seen Tito go completely out from a strike. Who knows how that chin is after getting cracked so many times. The only reason I think Chuck is doing this is that he needs money and that sucks to see.

Back