Queen B

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Both undefeated Unifed champ vs Unified champ

Olympic gold medalist who beat Breidis. Huck, Hunter, Glowacki

vs

23 year old KO artist who beat Lebedev. Dorticos, Wlod

The whole P4P thing is pretty hard to figure out right now but I guess the winner has a pretty good argument for a high spot.

Agree, but Gassiev and Usyk lack the big names on their resumes to break the top 3 with Bud, Spence and Loma hovering around there

Let's say a lock for top 5 or 6, and in the discussion for top 3.

Below Lomachenko, Crawford, GGG, Canelo, and Sor Rungvisai for me, but ahead of anyone else. So likely #6. A win for Garcia over Easter Jr. (which he should manage pretty easily) might muddy the waters a bit at #6, as well.

pretty much what the others said. depends on how the fight goes, but yeah, should be top 6.

Agree with above, good case for top 5... not quite top 3.

I don't think their prior wins in addition to one of them beating the other quite merit top 3 P4P. I think they should go in somewhere around 5 or 6.

5-10 for me. Fan of both these guys, probably the fight I am most excited for this year.

Bigger classes usually get left out of P4P discussions as they dont move around as much. Meh.

P4P is too chaotic in measurement but I think they would both fight well against the alltime best fighters in their weightclass. Definitely very high caliber fighters.

I remember first seing Usyk practicing his straight right on a heavy bag and was instantly captured by his skill.

Usyk should be where Ring has Spence right now, maybe, possibly, I think. I think a lock for top 5-6 is the best call from Hagler. Wangek is overlooked to an almost bizarre degree at this point, I think. Nietes is very overlooked as well, considering he actually has similar paper achievements to Lomachenko-more so if just on paper really.

4-6 imo. Top 3 is too high, especially if Gassiev wins. But in a year, or two. Then sure.

If Usyk wins he’ll be up there or there abouts I’d guess.

If Gassiev wins, he’ll deserve to be there, but won’t, I’d wager.

I have a hard time ranking cruisers and heavies high in P4P rankings. Skill wise they're not as good as the lower weight fighters, P4P.

Both undefeated Unifed champ vs Unified champ

Olympic gold medalist who beat Breidis. Huck, Hunter, Glowacki

vs

23 year old KO artist who beat Lebedev. Dorticos, Wlod
only in your dreams.

Bigger classes usually get left out of P4P discussions as they dont move around as much. Meh.
i don't know if it's that they don't move around as much, but more that they don't move that well at all.

Ali was just as skilled as any one of those little foreign shitheads you guys have in your p4p present or past.
And to move like Joshua or Wilder at those heights and those weights is athleticism at the highest degree.
Go ahead and watch two 126 pounders bounce punches off each other all night and call that great skill but when two giant gladiators get in the ring, the power is to the max and the silly shit ceases to exist.

Having said that.
Usyk could be in the top 10 but not Gassiev.

i don't know if it's that they don't move around as much, but more that they don't move that well at all.
Do you mean weight classes or actual movement....?

Back