Agree or disagree: If Max Holloway goes to 155, Jose Aldo will become the reigning champion again

20falarVerdades

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I'm inclined to agree. Holloway is the worst matchup for him in the division. I think Aldo matches up well with the new breed, Ortega/Zabit/Volkanovski. Eventually he will get a title shot and reclaim the strap. Aldo still has 4 fights left in his contract

Disagree he's done as championship material but he's still a solid #2

I'm inclined to agree. Holloway is the worst matchup for him in the division. I think Aldo matches up well with the new breed, Ortega/Zabit/Volkanovski. Eventually he will get a title shot and reclaim the strap. Aldo still has 4 fights left in his contract

Never a good sign when you can only be champion if 2 fighters (Conor & Max) leave the weight class.

I don't think Aldo has it left to take the top again.

Still a fan however.

Yes Aldo likely will get strap back he's a terrible matchup for ortega and the other guy's have yet to beat anyone noteworthy.

Like Fedor though Aldo is the Greatest FW but not the best HW.

Ortega is the future of 145... just give him the belt.

disagree. he's lost 3 of his last 4. not very active. he seems like his skill set has diminished to me. some say usada. maybe age. maybe the wars he's been in are catching up to him. he sounds like his heart isn't into it much anymore too

If he can beat Ortega he would be thr chano, but I can't picture him being in a position to hold it for a long time.

I'd also pick Ortega over him if forced to pick, but it is no gimmie fight.

Of course, they could just hand him the belt for the 3rd time without him having ti fight for it.

I mean they handed him the title when they created the division.

Then theu handed him the title when Conor left.

Why not give it to him again when Max leaves, seems unfaire at this point to make the poor guy start fighting for a title so long in his career after a history of getting them for free.

#keepthetrend

sure hope he doesnt have to beat frankie a 3rd time

Aldo would lose to Ortega, Korean Zombie and Chad Mendes at this point

Lol Aldo is a legit black belt
So is Frankie and Ortega damn near took his neck before knocking him dead, he would've gone to sleep one way or another. Ortega is like an anaconda; if he gets ahold of your neck he won't have to squeeze hard before you pass out. T-City has been submitting black belts at Gracie Academy since he was a blue.

Last edited:
Back