Ahed Tamimi indicted over slapping of Israeli soldier

Trotsky

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Bethlehem, occupied West Bank - Israeli authorities are seeking 12 charges against Ahed Tamimi, a prominent 16-year-old Palestinian activist filmed slapping and kicking two Israeli soldiers in the occupied West Bank.

The incident occurred moments after Israeli forces had shot Ahed's 15-year-old cousin point-blank in the face with a rubber bullet.

The wounded minor experienced severe internal bleeding and was put in a medically-induced coma for 72 hours.

Ahed's father, Bassem, told Al Jazeera that it was very likely his daughter would be sentenced and imprisoned over the charges.

"They built the case around her specifically to try to keep her in prison as long as they can," he said.

"I am very worried about my daughter," added Bassem, who has also been arrested numerous times by Israeli forces.

"Her fate is now in the hands of people who don't even see Palestinians as full human beings."

Lasky told Al Jazeera that owing to the charges against Ahed, "there's a possibility of her facing a lot of time".

She noted that Palestinian teenagers typically face about six to nine months in prison for charges of stone-throwing.

Prisoners' rights group, Addameer, has reported that stone-throwing is the most common charge levied against Palestinian children. In the occupied West Bank, where Palestinians are governed by Israeli military law, stone-throwing is punishable by up to 20 years in prison.

Shoot her cousin in the face at arm's length. Then jail her for a decade for slapping in response.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2018/...een-activist-ahed-tamimi-180101183249057.html

Last edited:
How can you start threads with dubbs? Did they change the rules?

How can you start threads with dubbs? Did they change the rules?

"Dubs" derives from "double," i.e. double yellow cards, which requires two.

Alas, I only have one.

I have no idea how infractions are apportioned.

whatever it takes for greater Israel.

Shoot her cousin in the face at arm's length. Then jail her for a decade for slapping in response.

Regardless, this girl is a hero on the basis of that bad ass quote alone.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2018/...een-activist-ahed-tamimi-180101183249057.html

What was her cousin doing that caused them to shot him in the face?
Not saying its ok to shot people in the face. But if you throw stones at people with rubber bullet guns.
Getting shot in the face by them might be an outcome that could be considered as expected.

This chick has lots of spirit. She should be a feminist symbol for Americans, but the Israel supporters would never allow it to happen. Whereas if she was Iranian and protesting the Iranian regime, the Israel supporters would have made her into a media darling.

I wonder what all the anti-Palestinian Christian Zionists think when they see a girl who looks European. Wonder if her phenotype makes it easier for them to empathize.

Bravo to this girl. I hope they don't throw the book at her.

Its crazy that some people are arguing she should get 20 years. That is just insane between her age and that it was just a slap.

It really has gotten to the point where you can’t theow rocks at people and hit them without fearing retaliation

I don't see the quote in the link? Did she really say this?

Also, smh at a night raid to arrest a 16yo girl. Pathetic.

It really has gotten to the point where you can’t theow rocks at people and hit them without fearing retaliation
Do you think a 16yo girl should go to prison for 20 years for throwing a stone?

This chick has lots of spirit. She should be a feminist symbol for Americans, but the Israel supporters would never allow it to happen. Whereas if she was Iranian and protesting the Iranian regime, the Israel supporters would have made her into a media darling.

I wonder what all the anti-Palestinian Christian Zionists think when they see a girl who looks European. Wonder if her phenotype makes it easier for them to empathize.

she isn't christian so christians not care. And in any case one case or a few of mistreatment does not get people to turn against the better power (Israel). It also cause Palestinian (aka Arab muslims) basically destroyed the christian presence less than 1% of gaza and west bank are christian. Muslims and PLO did the same thing in lebanon to. most lebanese christians now live in south america or USA and Canada. hmm i wonder what religion of peace caused that. The answer to that question is why christian support for israel is very strong along with stuff written in there books.

assuming nobody was bodily injured. no that is fucked up. give her some community service or a really short sentence.

Also, there was no stone throwing (by Ahed at least).

And the soldier slapped her first. Yeah, this bad ass mofo stepped up to this 16 year old girl first.

http://mondoweiss.net/2017/12/tamimi-slapped-talking/

Also, regarding the quote, it was from a report by Jacobin. Here's another source that discussed it: https://www.thenews.com.pk/latest/263645-brave-ahed-tamimi-becomes-hero-of-palestinian-struggle.

That region really needs a escape from LA type event. Rest of the world will be better off.

Also, there was no stone throwing (by Ahed at least).

And the soldier slapped her first. Yeah, this bad ass mofo stepped up to this 16 year old girl first.

http://mondoweiss.net/2017/12/tamimi-slapped-talking/

Also, regarding the quote, it was from a report by Jacobin. Here's another source that discussed it: https://www.thenews.com.pk/latest/263645-brave-ahed-tamimi-becomes-hero-of-palestinian-struggle.
They're stacking on chargers of throwing stones, saying she's done so twice in the past (she's been arrested a few times it seems).

ahed-tamimi-11.jpg

Israel better lock her up forever because the last thing the zionist regime needs is the brave and beautiful Ahed Tamini being the face of Palestinian struggle.

Her family hast a history of 'resistance'. There's also a picture of her biting an Israeli soldier or cop who is trying to apprehend her brother from a couple years ago.

I am somewhat sympathetic to the plight of the Palestinians, but these folks appear like scum to me.

she isn't christian so christians not care. And in any case one case or a few of mistreatment does not get people to turn against . Palestinian (aka Arab muslims) by and large eradicated the christian presence less than 1% of gaza and west bank are christian. did the same thing in lebanon to. most lebanese christians now live in south america or USA and Canada. hmm i wonder what religion of peace caused that. The answer to that question is why christian support for israel is very strong along with stuff written in there books.

assuming nobody was bodily injured. no that is fucked up. give her some community service or a really short sentence.
How many Christian Jews are there? Jews ethnically cleansed many Christian Palestinians also.

If conservative American Christians cared about Christians why don't they care about Christian Palestinians, since there still are over 100,000 Christian Palestinians in Israel , Gaza and the West Bank combined.

The truth is most rightwing American Christians are tribal so they don't give a shit about other Christians, they only use religion as a proxy for ethnic identity. Pro Israeli propaganda and Christian Zionism has convinced them it is in Western cultural interests to side with Jews against Christian Palestinians.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruckus245
Back