Air Purifiers?

Higus

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Has anyone ever bought an air purifier to reduce the dust in your homes? If so was it effective? Any brand or model recommendations? I'm sort of a neat freak and I feel like I'm in a never ending battle against dust on my furniture and appliances at home. Thanks to anyone who responds in advance.

I've got one of those infrared heaters with a built in purifier, makes a pretty substantial difference in air quality. I imagine a dedicated purifier would do an even better job.

I've got one of those infrared heaters with a built in purifier, makes a pretty substantial difference in air quality. I imagine a dedicated purifier would do an even better job.

Do you notice a reduction in dust around your place? Also, care to share a link of the model you are using?

Do you notice a reduction in dust around your place? Also, care to share a link of the model you are using?

I haven't noticed a dust reduction, but that's mostly because my wife stays on top of that. But my wife says I snore a lot less since we got it. I will try and find a link to it. It's nothing special, just a basic infrared heater with hepa filter. Pretty much any hardware store should have them. I know the purifiers themselves are less expensive.

Edit: Only links I can find are for Canadian retailers.

Has anyone ever bought an air purifier to reduce the dust in your homes? If so was it effective? Any brand or model recommendations? I'm sort of a neat freak and I feel like I'm in a never ending battle against dust on my furniture and appliances at home. Thanks to anyone who responds in advance.

I've never heard of an air purifier that reduced the amount of dust in your home. post a link if you have a few you're looking at...

i've heard of the air purifiers that increase the ozone in your home...they neutralize the odors, kind of smells like a thunderstorm just rolled through you house. I'm pretty sure the dust remains though...

I had the same problem and invested in several Rabbit Air purification systems: http://www.rabbitair.com/biogs-2-ultra-quiet-hepa-air-purifier.aspx

I have the older version which came in different colors. For a 2300 sq ft house I had 4 of them running and felt like i needed more.

You will find that air has a natural circulation in a house based on where the A/C vents and intake are, as well as the doors. One of my filter needed to be cleaned once a month, while another never seemed to get dirty. I moved that one a few feet and it started picking up a lot more dust.

They do work, you just have to place them in good spot, and may need multiple depending on the size and layout of your home.

I've never heard of an air purifier that reduced the amount of dust in your home. post a link if you have a few you're looking at...

i've heard of the air purifiers that increase the ozone in your home...they neutralize the odors, kind of smells like a thunderstorm just rolled through you house. I'm pretty sure the dust remains though...

I have a HEPA filter. When I change it out there's dust in it so wouldn't that be the dust that's normally floating around. I have something similar to this and like it

http://www.amazon.com/CleanAir-Purifier-Cleaner-Generator-Sterilization/dp/B00AVNZIM6

I actually use an old one now for white noise while sleeping.

You have to position them correctly around the house to reduce dust. You can also use canned air to clean out the filters for longer shelf life.

make sure you get one with a HEPA filter. usually when looking for appliances i do a search on Amazon and look through all the reviews. the one i have works great as i have a dog and cat that sleeps in the same room.

my gfs cat used to have all sorts of allergy problems so she got an air purifier. i was skeptical at first but it seems to have actually helped with the cat.

I'm allergic to cats, but have two. I run two tower purifiers and use a kirby twice a week. Works pretty well.

I run a austin air machine. Its hepa filter only needs to be replaced once every 5 years.

I hope this is of some help! My small studio has almost no air flow whatsoever, so I have been in this very same position as of late, for my breathing was becoming noticeably effected. I was turned on to this great review: http://www.jenreviews.com/best-air-purifier/ . No long after, I was sold. I tried the Allen Breathesmart, and my breathing has gone back to normal! I definitely recommend this air purifier!

Do some research into air purifying houseplants. Could be a better hobby than buying filters.

They do work. The first night i used it,was a noticable difference in air quality

This thread is almost 3 years old. It was just bumped by some troll trying to sell air purifiers.

I just use a allergen reducing filter in my HVAC system.

I bought an office plant from NASA's list of plants they experimented with to reduce nasty chemical paint/glue smell in office. Worked fantastic.

Back