Airbus A-380 saved for now.

ralphc1

Titanium Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Emirates may have just saved the Airbus A380.
The Dubai-based carrier announced Thursday that it has ordered 20 of the superjumbo jets, with an option to buy 16 more.

The deal is worth a total of $16 billion at list prices.

The A-380 went into service ten years ago but on Monday, the company had suggested that the program would be ended if they didn't receive more orders. Only 222 have been delivered so far while Airbus had said it had 317 firm orders. They had expected to sell 1200 planes. The problem is that there are limited places large enough to handle the plane and it requires a lot of resources to get passengers and baggage unloaded and reloaded and the plane refueled. Airbus based their strategy on increasing passenger numbers and a hub flight system. Passengers don't want to switch planes so smaller planes that can fly longer routes became more desirable.

The countries involved in building the plane took a big risk. Boeing had researched such a plane and decided it was unlikely to be profitable. Airports had to make changes to handle the planes and there were a limited number large enough to do that so it's use would be limited. It appears that they might have been correct. I'm sure Airbus had hoped that more airports would expand to handle the plane.

747 airplanes are ending their service life after almost 50 years in favor of cheaper to operate planes.

Is the Airbus an endangered species or something? Why should I care?

Is the Airbus an endangered species or something? Why should I care?

I guess it depends on if you fly or buy anything that is shipped by air. If Airbus can't continue production, they lose a lot of money on the program. They have to make it up on other planes they sell which could increase airplane prices and airline ticket prices in the long run.

They should modify this plane and sell to various military. It can carry lots of friggin troops, and supplies probably. All those paratroopers being dropped at once like that will make you unstoppable.

Last edited:
Cool. I've worked on the A 319's and A 320's.
richard_branson_1024x1024.jpg

But isn't that against their Shania law?

She was okay with that shit bro. Or at least we know she's not unimpressed by suicide bombings

Dont you mean larger planes, not smaller planes?

No, the large planes fly between the largest cities. It takes a lot of fuel to get a large plane into the air so they don't make multiple stops. The smaller planes can land at smaller airports getting travelers closer to their destinations and are less costly to land and take off. Airbus might have been correct at the increase in the numbers of people who will fly but didn't account for the destinations they want to go to.

I meant this. :eek:

I think they're not allowed to just kill themselves bro. That shit's haram. If you kill yourself while killing loads of innocent people though that's shit's awesome, and you go to heaven as a martyr and get loads of virgin servant girls

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back