Social D.O.T Finally Banned All "Emotional Support Animals" Except Actual Service Dogs in Plane Cabins

Thanks.
Seemed an odd inclusion.

Gotta ask, how do they help?

I'd guess they can be trained the same way as service dogs can. I mean we are talking actually trained service animals not ESAs. So I'd assume helping the vision or hearing impaired, alerting about seizures, helping to calm PTSD, etc.

I doubt Deltas pitbull ban will stick because they are trying to extended it to actual service animals.

I know 98% of you will disagree but I see nothing wrong with taking pets in the passenger compartment, as long the animal doesn't have the capacity to be dangerous - looking at pitbulls - and isn't going to poo and pee .

I was traveling in First Class wearing a suit about 2 years ago. Lady next to me had a dog too large for a cage but they let it under the seat. Dog shed white hair like a mofo on by dark suit and got slobber all over my right leg that was visible after it dried. The dog itself was friendly and the woman didn’t technically violate any rules but given the close quarters of people on planes, even in first class, there needs to be rules that preserve the ability of people to travel comfortably.

Good... I like animals, but these "therapy" pets on flights are bullshit, inconsiderate, and selfish to the other passengers that are allergic. Excluding blind people there is no need to have pets on a flight.

Thanks.
Seemed an odd inclusion.

Gotta ask, how do they help?

I’m speculating but a lady in our neighborhood has a muscle/nerve condition that makes he unstable when she walks. She has a trained St Bernard that she walks with that she can lean on if necessary and is trained to help her stand up if she falls. She can cover a lot more ground than if she was using some sort of walker and also it carries some small saddle bags with water bottles for it and her and I have seen the woman put some light groceries in the bags at the store.

people are giant emotionally unstable pussies.

pumped full of anti anxiety and anti depressants.

I hate ESA's. Every building that I know of is dealing with this as people use them as a end run around the "no pets" policies.

I've always wondered, couldn't the rental property just add a hefty pet deposit like $5,000

If you need an "emotional support animal" to fly, then you are not sane and shouldn't be trusted enough to be allowed onto the plane.

No needs to fly, it is a luxury, play by the rules. It is nice to see airlines coming to their senses and calling people out on this bullshit practice. I haven't flown for a few months, but last time was a 10+ hour flight and there must have been 100 people with animals on that flight. Those are just the ones that I happened to see.

If anything, they should expand access. It's better when your flight is also a zoo, and dangerous.

When I travel I am going to start claiming that my family members are emotional support animals so that they can fly for free

If you cant fly without an emotional support animal you probably shouldn't fly.

This is an excellent example if where you need government to step in because if not people will acting like fvking retards if you let them.

i've had it with these monkey-fighting emotional support animals on this monday to friday plane!

I had to fly with my cat when we were moving to another city and it was so freaking stressful I swear I'll never relocate again. I don't understand people that carry their pets with them all the time. Most of them aren't special needs and they only bring their pets because they have a huge ego. Animals aren't toys ffs!

Shit, running out of places I can take my emotional support bobcat

But I can’t get on a plane without my emotional support tapir!

1200px-Schabrackentapir_Tapirus_indicus_Tiergarten-Nuernberg-1.jpg

I am glad we can all come together and laugh at these people.

I've got an emotional support anaconda in my trousers.

Needs daily maintenance from a female handler otherwise ree.

I was traveling in First Class wearing a suit about 2 years ago. Lady next to me had a dog too large for a cage but they let it under the seat. Dog shed white hair like a mofo on by dark suit and got slobber all over my right leg that was visible after it dried. The dog itself was friendly and the woman didn’t technically violate any rules but given the close quarters of people on planes, even in first class, there needs to be rules that preserve the ability of people to travel comfortably.
Well then I would say the rules should specify animals be under a certain size, like they do with carry-on luggage.

I've always wondered, couldn't the rental property just add a hefty pet deposit like $5,000

I can't remember but I think the deposit has to be reasonable. Admittedly, it's been a year since I had to read up on it.

Back