Airsoft, let's get tactical.

Phlog

Sgt Sprinkles
@Gold
Reaction score
I've decided it's time to get into airsoft. My wife is down to give it a go with me and when the twins are old enough it'll give some pretty sweet family time. They'll look super cute in full camo.

I'm thinking of starting sniping. I know it's not the easiest angle but in paintball and games it's always my natural inclination.

Thinking of getting the AWP L96

MB08-2.jpg

And a gas sidearm.

Anyone else into it?

For anyone who doesn't know what this is about:

That video looks like so much fun. I used to have an air-soft 9mm at my old apartment that we would use to shoot each other for dumb drunken entertainment.

Never done it but it looks like a lot of fun in the videos. I guess as long as everyone is a good sport it should be a great time.

Airsoft guns are great for killing bugs that you cant reach (or aren't eager to get close to). If I lived in Australia I'd always want to have things like these on me.

Also, it looks like prices have gone down by a good 35% or more from 15 years ago. Now's the time!

That video looks like so much fun. I used to have an air-soft 9mm at my old apartment that we would use to shoot each other for dumb drunken entertainment.
Yup. I remember shooting out all the dome lights in my old apartment one drunken evening.

And the hallways too, because who uses dome lights anymore?

Moved to stand-up technique.

Good work mods. Good work.

Lmao these aren't firearms. I don't think people in f65 airsoft.

I do watch "dutch the hooligan" on youtube from time to time. It looks really fun.

Don't do it bro. Every one always gets a bolt action for their first gun and it's always a terrible idea. You want an AR, doesn't have to be expensive just has to be reliable. Oh and fuck wind up mags just buy a bunch of mid mags that you don't need to wind.

Don't do it bro. Every one always gets a bolt action for their first gun and it's always a terrible idea. You want an AR, doesn't have to be expensive just has to be reliable. Oh and fuck wind up mags just buy a bunch of mid mags that you don't need to wind.

Solid advice.

I know I'm just like all the others and making that same mistake but I just can't help myself.

I was in the top 300 in the world in WaW cod death match, I used to use bolt actions with iron sights.

At least the gear I'm after isn't too expensive..

Solid advice.

I know I'm just like all the others and making that same mistake but I just can't help myself.

I was in the top 300 in the world in WaW cod death match, I used to use bolt actions with iron sights.

At least the gear I'm after isn't too expensive..
If you really want to go full sniper elite potato at least spend the money to get an AEG Dragunov so when you realise you fucked up you at least have a functioning sumi auto/full auto gun to fall back on.

I tried it once I thought it would be fun but everyone was super serious nerds all turning up in full tactical camo equipment and arnour like a maxed out CoD character.

I'm murican dude , so I get my fix by firing real firearms .

It does look like fun though , and would definitely give it a try. What's the smallest size group that you can have a decent game/match with ? Us think you'd need at least 3 on 3 or something.

I'm murican dude , so I get my fix by firing real firearms .

It does look like fun though , and would definitely give it a try. What's the smallest size group that you can have a decent game/match with ? Us think you'd need at least 3 on 3 or something.

Yeah that's a decent starting point. I'm more interested in the organised events with larger numbers though. 10-many a side in broken-down buildings and wasteland.

20 bucks gets you a couple of hours near me.

Last edited:
If you don't want anybody messing with you or your kids, be sure to crank up your gun to over 600fps, and most importantly, throw in a handful of metal 6mm ammo in with your gay-ass plastic BB's.

Another fun thing to do at the next big Tacti-cool air5oft event is to throw a couple empty bags of these on the ground near the playing field entrance:

s-l1000.jpg

If you don't want anybody messing with you or your kids, be sure to crank up your gun to over 600fps, and most importantly, throw in a handful of metal 6mm ammo in with your gay-ass plastic BB's.

Another fun thing to do at the next big Tacti-cool air5oft event is to throw a couple empty bags of these on the ground near the playing field entrance:

s-l1000.jpg

That would really screw with the accuracy, the weight of the BB is crucial.

Rifles aren't supposed to be above 450fps either.

But I like the cut of your jib.

Back