AJ Mckee UFC quality?

Rockman14

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
His dad had a great record but was heavily padded, came to the UFC and was not successful, his son though seems to be fighting decent guys in bellator and dominating, anyone else been following him?

his dad tapped to strikes from Shinya FUCKING Aoki.

Forever sullying the name of his descendants

nah though I need to catch up on last night’s Bellator. Did he look good? He’s a wrestler like his dad?

Last edited:
He had like 8 amateur fights and he lost one of them, and all his pro fights are in Bellator, so his resume is more impressive than most of the UFC roster. So just on stats alone, even if I didnt see that sweet chin music, yes he belongs in the UFC

He has picked up some solid wins in Bellator as of late . At 23 he has a pretty bright future. He’s already a hell of a lot more exciting than his dad ever was.

He showed some serious KO power in that left hand last night.

Fight was 68 seconds, but yeah he did lead with his head which can be bad against UFC fighters
Didn't set up the kicks he was throwing, his strikes were taking him around the cage

He's young but he needs to shore some things up for sure

His dad had a great record but was heavily padded, came to the UFC and was not successful, his son though seems to be fighting decent guys in bellator and dominating, anyone else been following him?
1: AJ Mckee is a stud.

2: Antonio Mckee came to the UFC at 41 years old and had an incredibly tough opponent in Volkmann in his debut.

He had like 8 amateur fights and he lost one of them, and all his pro fights are in Bellator, so his resume is more impressive than most of the UFC roster. So just on stats alone, even if I didnt see that sweet chin music, yes he belongs in the UFC

Are you saying he’s faced tougher competition on Bellator than he would have in the UFC?

CM Punk.
TUF winner being a WMMA champ. (Not bashing WMMA just the state of the second weakest division in the UFC)

Please define UFC quality.

he looked sloppy but he should be in the UFC already.

it's the only way he'll get better.

Max Holloway was like 4 years younger than him when he entered the UFC, but i think those early losses to Poirer and Conor helped him become better.

in Bellator, how many world class guys really do they have at featherweight for McKee to fight and gain solid exp from?

I have but his progression has been far too slow to me. I see him being like a less accomplished Will Brookes. It depends how the UFC would want to play it but I think the UFC could get a middle tier wrestler and they'd beat him. Same thing with MVP. He's been fighting cans so it's hard to gauge where he's at but if he beat Daley I'll consider him for real. The only prospect I've seen in Bellator that has showed me something is Pico. Pico hasn't been fighting the best fighters but he's an olympic wrestler and his striking has gotten great very quickly. Kind of reminds me of Cejudo when he was just a wrestler then bam, became a great boxer except Pico did that immediately without even using his wrestling.

he looked sloppy but he should be in the UFC already.

it's the only way he'll get better.

Max Holloway was like 4 years younger than him when he entered the UFC, but i think those early losses to Poirer and Conor helped him become better.

in Bellator, how many world class guys really do they have at featherweight for McKee to fight and gain solid exp from?
He's not worth much to the UFC but to Bellator he is. Bellator will pay him way more then the UFC will. He'll need to be at the top for the UFC to want him. They let Bellator build them up and beat former UFC fighters then throw a little extra cash at them so Bellator loses what they've worked on. If you look at it a majority of good fighters that came from Bellator to the UFC were champions. Actually a majority of them and they not only were champions but defended a few times.

Not such thing as ufc quality when cm punk has had multiple fights in the organisation and artem is still on the roster.

Back