AJ vs JP OFFICIAL

Good fight. Cautious JD win by Joshua. There's no way he takes too many risks before the Wilder showdown.

Probably trying to be controversial?

I think Parker will make a fight of it but I reckon Joshua stops him in the last 3rd of the fight. There’s a massive size/power difference and I just don’t really see what else Parker does any better than Joshua. In fact there are far more question marks over Parker’s chin/skills than Joshua’s as well

Last edited:
I don't think AJ will stop him but Parker isn't aggressive enough to push too many rounds. I have Joshua by points.

Hopefully the winner faces DW, and then that winner fights TF.

I think Parker will make a fight of it but I reckon Joshua stops him in the last 3rd of the fight. There’s a massive size/power difference and I just don’t really see what else Parker does any better than Joshua. In fact there are far more question marks over Parker’s chin/skills than Joshua’s as well

I heard on the BBC Five Live boxing podcast that the size difference isn’t as big as we might imagine (only a couple of inches in height, and Parker at his heaviest is close to Joshua at his lightest IIRC), but agree with you on power, though Joshua’s power is also not high end for a HW.

I just ‘worry’ that the holes in Joshua’s defensive technique will get found out sooner or later.

AJ stops Parker about round 6. Parker has struggled to assert himself against lesser fighters and I really don't see what he has for AJ here. AJ will have a significant reach advantage and he'll be able to keep Parker at bay. Parker doesn't seem too cute with head movement which what he would need to safely close the distance with AJ. I see him getting picked apart from range and then when he's softened up AJ will take him out. Parker doesn't even really have a punchers chance against AJ so I don't see how he wins this.

I heard on the BBC Five Live boxing podcast that the size difference isn’t as big as we might imagine (only a couple of inches in height, and Parker at his heaviest is close to Joshua at his lightest IIRC), but agree with you on power, though Joshua’s power is also not high end for a HW.

I just ‘worry’ that the holes in Joshua’s defensive technique will get found out sooner or later.

I dont think Parker has too much to trouble Joshua, and wilder only has a right hand. Wilder is definately more dangerous but I think the likelyhood is Joshua lands that Big shot first due to his better fundamentals. Ortiz (if he’s not on the slide) and fury (if he ever comes back properly) are the guys that I think can expose Joshua. But these are the heavies so we know anyone can beat anyone if they land that big shot

Joshua is also still improving. he’s been boxing only about 10 years so by the he’s in the harder fights with wilder and fury he may have addressed these holes

Joshua has been dropped and rocked twice, size and power yes but at this weight either can get the KO and Parker has the speed advantage.

Two years ago i'd have said Parker by T(KO) but now I think he was quite over rated and judging by what i've seen his last few fights he has nothing for Joshua who is to big and to strong.

Although imagine the beautiful irony if he beat Joshua and then went on to unify the titles against Wilder and beat him.

AJ stops Parker about round 6. Parker has struggled to assert himself against lesser fighters and I really don't see what he has for AJ here. AJ will have a significant reach advantage and he'll be able to keep Parker at bay. Parker doesn't seem too cute with head movement which what he would need to safely close the distance with AJ. I see him getting picked apart from range and then when he's softened up AJ will take him out. Parker doesn't even really have a punchers chance against AJ so I don't see how he wins this.
Sounds about right.

Parker loses. Probably gets stopped. A close fight with Hughie doesn't inspire any confidence from me. AJ is hitting his stride. I see some clear problems with his game, but Parker isn't the guy to thwart him.

Parker is a live dog in this fight. I still favor AJ, but Parker has a shot I think. Problem is he seems like he's regressed a bit in his last few fights. He's also getting heavier, too heavy IMO. He needs to get down in the low 230's.

If you name your top 10 all times heavyweights and make a sensible list. How many haven’t been dropped or stopped. An argument against heavyweights isn’t he got dropped by someone else but beat them. An argument against a hw is if he went down he never got up, or if he went down he got up looking like he downed a pint of ghb.

Back