Alabama Student Expelled For Online Racist Comments

Does that matter though, it would seem that the first amendment would trump code of conduct if the school is linked to the government in any way shape or form though wouldnt it ? Shouldnt it ?

Im not real impressed with this bitches performance just like you but I am almost always on the side of free speech no matter what was said and cases that go against that give me the heeby jeebies and start making me think about those slippery slopes .

Do you think a school should have no leeway to discipline a student if their words are creating an environment not conducive for realizing the university's mission?

That's my problem with the "free speech at all costs" argument. When you start adversely affecting the environment, your ass needs to get gone. And as much as we can talk about slippery slopes, you're risking undermining the authority of the university to correct those students who are being a hindrance to the educational purpose.

If she didn't want to be subject to discipline, she shouldn't have broadcasted it to everyone. Life lessons abound.

1st Amendment > Pretty much everything

yea I think we would be better off not mucking with it in any way shape or form but it does seem like things are getting a bit dicey and I am concerned

I have often heard it said that when you give up a right they are very hard to get back and we seem to be on the death by 1000 cuts plan

Do you think a school should have no leeway to discipline a student if their words are creating an environment not conducive for realizing the university's mission?

That's my problem with the "free speech at all costs" argument. When you start adversely affecting the environment, your ass needs to get gone. And as much as we can talk about slippery slopes, you're risking undermining the authority of the university to correct those students who are being a hindrance to the educational purpose.

If she didn't want to be subject to discipline, she shouldn't have broadcasted it to everyone. Life lessons abound.
Do you honestly think her presence will keep students from learning?

Im sure she violated the student code of conduct.

Do you honestly think her presence will keep students from learning?

Judging by the reaction from Alabama students, it already has. Squeaky wheel got the grease as far as i'm concerned.

Judging by the reaction from Alabama students, it already has. Squeaky wheel got the grease as far as i'm concerned.
So we're cool with getting rid of people we don't agree with because they might have hurt our feelings?

Sure but to me that would be like yelling fire in the lecture hall or even singling a student out and actually harassing them but I dont think one student being a complete moron in the bathroom qualifies

I agree with the sentiment but not with the action. Like my man in demolition man said you cant take away peoples right to be assholes. You cant start hammering people for non related speech or sooner or later anything will start to look like a nail and I dont want to live in a society where everyone hides who they really are its easier to deal with them when you know

I dont agree she deserves to be punished but I do agree that if you are acting a fool it is probably best not to do it in front of a camera.

For trying to talk about language in general how habits form and who can say what ?

I didnt say anything racist in the slightest and kinda thought i was making a good point

Im assuming you are joking because i know you arent thick
<LikeReally5>

Sure but to me that would be like yelling fire in the lecture hall or even singling a student out and actually harassing them but I dont think one student being a complete moron in the bathroom qualifies

I agree with the sentiment but not with the action. Like my man in demolition man said you cant take away peoples right to be assholes. You cant start hammering people for non related speech or sooner or later anything will start to look like a nail and I dont want to live in a society where everyone hides who they really are its easier to deal with them when you know

I dont agree she deserves to be punished but I do agree that if you are acting a fool it is probably best not to do it in front of a camera.

By this logic i'd be within my rights to run around campus screaming racial slurs at white people and because it's "free speech" I would be immune to any punishment. Classrooms, labs, common areas, can't touch me.

That's the logical conclusion of all this. You gotta excuse me if I think we should be above tolerating all that.

By this logic i'd be within my rights to run around campus screaming racial slurs at white people and because it's "free speech" I would be immune to any punishment. Classrooms, labs, common areas, can't touch me.

That's the logical conclusion of all this. You gotta excuse me if I think we should be above tolerating all that.
Man that freedom is something else.

So does any of that have anything to do with a simple case of "hurt feelings"?

No?

Lmfao, damn son.
How else is she affecting the studies of Alabama students?

It's a beautiful thing isn't it?

And you guys cry about how colleges are "going downhill".

You don't give a shit about education, you're just ass blasted that nobody cares to deal with your idiocy. Bigots BTFO!

<22>

No that actually be targeting someone which would become harassment and threatening but I would defend your right to go in a bathroom and sound like a drunk idiot talking about saving white people and water and saying cracker cracker cracker

Bad comparison

No that actually be targeting someone which would become harassment and threatening but I would defend your right to go in a bathroom and sound like a drunk idiot talking about saving white people and water and saying cracker cracker cracker

Bad comparison

Who is that targeting? If i'm running around doing it indiscriminately, classroom to classroom, while professors desperately try and get me to fuck off, I should be immune according to the logic used.

That's what we're saying here. Free speech at all costs. That's what it entails.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruckus245
Back