Aldo has a good argument of surpassing gsp and take his place as the goat if he beat Stephen

3sumrock

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I’ll start off by saying I’m not a big Aldo fan but he really got a good argument for surpassing gsp and being the goat if he beat Jeremy Stephens.i current have Aldo at second in my goat list.the first is gsp but it might change if Aldo beat Stephen,so let’s analyze Aldo legacy a little bit.

9 title defense
Unbeaten for 10 years
4 losses
Top wins : Edgar2x, Mendes 2x, Korean zombie,Faber,lamas,Florian, Hominick,Swanson,mike brown

That’s an insane resume. I would say it’s good as or close to gsp resume before he beat Bisping but it’s definitely better than fedor resume

Now if he beat Jeremy stephen then you can argue he’s greater than gsp because you can say a win over Jeremy Stephen at this time stage better than a win over Bisping.sure Bisping is greater or got way better resume but Jeremy Stephen is a better fighter and way more dangerous bisping.Stephen is like hendo if hendo is technical and got ko power on both hand,feet and toe.
But gsp got only 2 losses and avenge both of them so he still got that case over Aldo.
So it’s really depends on if a win over a better fighter is better or a win over a greater fighter is better.

I’ll start off by saying I’m not a big Aldo fan but he really got a good argument for surpassing gsp and being the goat if he beat Jeremy Stephens.i current have Aldo at second in my goat list.the first is gsp but it might change if Aldo beat Stephen,so let’s analyze Aldo legacy a little bit.

9 title defense
Unbeaten for 10 years
4 losses
Top wins : Edgar2x, Mendes 2x, Korean zombie,Faber,lamas,Florian, Hominick,Swanson,mike brown

That’s an insane resume. I would say it’s good as or close to gsp resume before he beat Bisping but it’s definitely better than fedor resume

Now if he beat Jeremy stephen then you can argue he’s greater than gsp because you can say a win over Jeremy Stephen at this time stage better than a win over Bisping.sure Bisping is greater or got way better resume but Jeremy Stephen is a better fighter and way more dangerous bisping.Stephen is like hendo if hendo is technical and got ko power on both hand,feet and toe.
But gsp got only 2 losses and avenge both of them so he still got that case over Aldo.
So it’s really depends on if a win over a better fighter is better or a win over a greater fighter is better.
received_2041419462758035.gif

Who the fook is Stephen?!

You set yourself up for that after (slightly) misspelling Stephens.

#OUTbeforeGrammarPolice

Aldo is awesome.

But GSP beat anyone he ever faced. Whether or not people dislike the fact that it was Bisping, GSP still moved up and won a belt at a higher weightclass in his mid 30's after a long layoff.

Aldo is no doubt the best ever at 145 and a true MMA legend. But GSP has him beat. Which is obviously no shame at all.

Beating Stephens would be awesome though, even though I do not fully agree with your rating of him. And I will root for him but with a bad feeling in my gut. He is a tough style for Aldo at this point in his career.

Also inb4 Dozer enters the thread being torn apart between Aldo nuthuggery and GSP hate.

If he avenged his losses to McGregor and Holloway, I could see where you'd have a case to make.

As it stands, nah. I love Aldo and don't like GSP, but GSP made sure he did what he had to not have losses at the end of his career. Aldo clearly got passed up by guys who simply became better.

I think Aldo is a great fighter with an excellent legacy but Jeremy Stephens has 13 losses in the UFC...

Lol Jeremy Stephens is not going to be a tipping point for these two. Are you trolling us?

Stephen is like hendo if hendo is technical and got ko power on both hand,feet and toe.

His toe? Literally Hendo has knock out power in his toe? Is it the big toe or the little toe?

9 title defense
Unbeaten for 10 years
4 losses

Lol at Stephens being the deciding factor.

TS gets the gold medal in mental gymnastics.

He's top 10 all time for now, but definitely not #1

If I cared less about the goat debate then GSP would get my vote ahead of Aldo without question

The day beating a 28-14 is what make a good argument for passing GSP in the goat discussion, its time to quit.

There should be a sub forum for all these nonsense GOAT threads

If GSP got KO'd in record time in a title fight during his prime then we could've compared....

The ramblings of a downtrodden unwashed casual.

9 title defense
Unbeaten for 10 years
4 losses

Nah, this ain't it.

Back