Aldo: "Im focused on MMA again. These two loses lit a new fire in me to go after the belt"

He could come back but its a loooong 25 minutes in there. Conor could hit him from anywhere. We know Aldo is chinny, he has a chin, Aldo is stuck in the mud in comparison mark my woods

Kid, if you want to talk, at least get your facts straight.

Aldo did not fight Conor (on short notice, while on vacation and NOT for the belt.
I know you are too stupid to understand that the above is not worth it for Aldo, because even if he was to beat Conor, he would not get his belt back.
Now Conor, after his humiliating loss to Nate said himself that a rematch with ALdo was next... what happened then? he REFUSED to fight Aldo and demanded a rematch with Nate.
So Aldo had to fight Frankie instead for the interim belt.... a belt put in place in order to force Conor to fight Aldo.
Then Conor fought at LW, forfeited his FW belt and took a year off... fought in boxing and forfeited his LW belt as well.

Conor only fights when there's everything to gain and not much to lose. And that is a fact!
Damn looks like I hit nerve. Relax, it's just a forum lol.

200.gif

13 seconds. That's less than the time it'll take you read this post.

He said the same thing after Conor, about being motivated to get the belt back.

Luckily for him, Conor got stripped and he got the "title", thank goodness Max legitimised it.

Actually he came back and fought a near flawless fight against Frankie to win the interm belt which was then changed to the real one after Conor got stripped.

He was also "given" his original title so according to your logic the belt has never been legitimate.

Aldo seems like someone who will end up in Bellator next year. Think he's only got a few more fights and once they are up if he's not champ again UFC will probably let him bounce.

I want to believe.

Get back to LOTS of leg kicks, mix up your game more, use your offensive wrestling/grappling, make sure you have a good weight cut, etc.

We'll see.

This. He had GSP like explosive takedowns back in the day and insane top control, cutting through guards like a hotknife through butter. Just like the leg kicks though he just stopped using these tools all the sudden.

Classic speech after a guy fall from the top.

He can win, but his time is done. He was the greatest FW but MMA is ruthless, very hard to stay on top for long.

Yeah, this seems about right. Still, Aldo stood on top about as long and as well as anyone ever has. No shame in what comes next. Just hope he doesn't take too much damage on the way out.

Should probably take an extended break, heal all the way up and do only light training. He is battle-worn for his age. After a year or so, jump back in with a light fight. Getting back to kicks would also be good.

Wolf tickets

Aldo is done. That Conor loss could be a coincidence but he hasn't been the same fighter since. It could have been he lost it before that fight but who knows. When you're a top guy like that it's a mentality. It's not all about physical skill but that is part of it.
or Maybe Max is that good? He looked amazing vs Edgar in one of his best performances. Aldo had his run, like all great fighters do.

He should go up to 155. His weight cuts have always been rough and they don't get easier the older you get. I could see a Kelvin style title run if he goes up.

I can see Aldo getting the belt if he gets his cardio in order.

Scored all 4 rounds Aldo and Max completed for Aldo. Don't know what happened in the 3rd rounds. He never used to gas.

If he can go hard 25 minutes again, then awesome. If not, he might want to consider calling it a day.

Lol, how do people hear the same things from Aldo and expect different results? If he wasn't motivated after losing title to McGregor, getting his belt back, getting second chance to get belt back, then what will push him? I mean he says he's "focused" now, what has he been doing since his KO loss from McGregor? I will watch his fights and let those speak for him rather than listen to his hype videos. Aldo sells wolf tickets all the time lately. When he was killing contenders left and right his mouth was closed.

The thing is is if Brian beats Max the UFC might give him a title shot if he beats Stephens.. In fact, I think they will probably do that

Hopefully he shows up in Calgary, and I get a chance to see

He's not beating Holloway ( and Conor if he drops down).

All he has to do is use leg kicks

Yeah..
Problem is IIRC he had two (?) accidents, one was breaking his foot and then a motor bike one.
He more or less stopped using leg kicks after that.

Damn looks like I hit nerve. Relax, it's just a forum lol.

200.gif

13 seconds. That's less than the time it'll take you read this post.

Yes, Aldo got caught... and was men enough to want to fight again.
Conor was lucky (and know it), reason why he run from FW so fast, he lost his belt.

Ask Junior how his first fight with Cain proved he was better than Cain....

Back