Aldo in the second Holloway is the best version of Aldo we’ve ever seen

Sherdoggers keep trying excuse Max's success away and Aldo's failures.

WEC Aldo is the best Aldo we have ever seen. The guy who wrecked prime Mike Brown and Urijah Faber. He was untouchable back then.

Because Mike Brown and Faber are better strikers than Holloway.

Fact: the two best strikers Aldo ever faced in his career are the two guys that beat him. I don't think that's a coincidence. He put on a vintage performance against Edgar between those fights.

What a silly thing to say. He may be young in years, but not in fight years. Dude's been around over a decade.

What’s silly about him fighting better fighters now than he did in so called prime?

It says they never ran away from the competition and stayed active.
So let me get this straight, you criticize GSP for fighting and winning against a one eyed Bisping as though he is not real competition, but credit Rockhold and Silva for stepping up and fighting Bisping.
The hypocrisy!

So let me get this straight, you criticize GSP for fighting and winning against a one eyed Bisping as though he is not real competition, but credit Rockhold and Silva for stepping up and fighting Bisping.
The hypocrisy!
{<huh}<Dylan><{katwhu}>

You casually left out the part where Aldo was seriously ill before that fight. Matter of fact, since you clearly have the internet, google it and see it for yourself. Not to mention aldo destroyed hominick, who btw, was a very good fighter at the time. Carry on tho
Same thing in lamas fight

I mean...... do I have to explain different fighters have different levels of wear and tear, and react to it differently? As far as Stephens goes, I wouldn't say he's doing anything amazing.

He continues to lose to the elite and beat most everyone else.

The only thing you have to do is stop using prime as a excuse whenever a fighter you like loses. It is possible to do everything right and still lose

No, Frankie just wasn’t able to push the right buttons to expose it. There have been people in the past who have shown us glimpses of it, like say Lamas or Hominick. But none of them had the technical ability to make Aldo uncomfortable, and to keep him constantly working. Holloway, with his own endless cardio, height, reach and most importantly of all skill, never gave Aldo the chance to rest in the nooks and crannies of their exchanges like he so often does.

Wrestling has nothing to do with it. In fact, it’s actually better for Aldo. Aldo likes to either explode in, or counter. He doesn’t like it when he has to fight at range, especially not when there’s a distance his opponent can hit him at, while he doesn’t have the same luxury (and it’s normally an area of rest).
It forces him to fight almost frantically and fend his opponent away with offense. When I saw the first exchange with Max, I knew it was only a matter of time before the inevitable. But with Frankie, I knew Aldo would beat him to the punch all night, because Aldo was only working when he felt like it.

Holloway is simply more taxing to fight than Frankie.

You can keep yapping as if wrestling defense isn't taxing if you like, but nobody who knows anything about the sport is going to take you seriously.

You can keep yapping as if wrestling defense isn't taxing if you like, but nobody who knows anything about the sport is going to take you seriously.

No one will take you seriously when you paint their arguments with broad strokes. No one said wrestling isn’t tiring. Aldo has just gotten his defensive wrestling down to a science, and he has a really efficient way of avoiding them with minimal effort, hence him being considered the best anti wrestler to ever exist. Frankie couldn’t push him to work the way Holloway could, because he doesn’t have the range to hit or force Aldo to move at ranges that would otherwise be “safe zones.”

Use your brain. Things don’t just happen for no reason. There is a reason for everything. Aldo’s cardio vascular strength didn’t just magically vanish into thin air. It’s clearly something that Holloway did. Maybe you would have an argument if it was just one fight; “oh, Aldo was just off.”
But it happened twice and in the same fashion. There should be no debate. Frankie did it 0/2 times.
Holloway did it 2/2 times.

I disagree, he was more efficient in the first fight.

But I do agree his boxing was probably better, even though he didn't showcase it much. He's just battered down over the year

This, OP is missing the main point. Maybe training with Robert helped his boxing, but the main here is that Aldos body is wearing down. And people don't realize a worn out body means training lighter to avoid injuries. Aldo doesn't throw as many kicks as he used to maybe because he can't drill them as much. Freddie roach a while back mentioned they have to specially prepare shogun because of his knees, that probably why his cardio is so poor these days.

One day Max won't be able to spar like a young animal and his chin won't be holding up against the next generation
Wayyyyy too much logic here. Training for 5 round fights for years has no effect on the body

No one will take you seriously when you paint their arguments with broad strokes. No one said wrestling isn’t tiring. Aldo has just gotten his defensive wrestling down to a science, and he has a really efficient way of avoiding them with minimal effort, hence him being considered the best anti wrestler to ever exist. Frankie couldn’t push him to work the way Holloway could, because he doesn’t have the range to hit or force Aldo to move at ranges that would otherwise be “safe zones.”

Use your brain. Things don’t just happen for no reason. There is a reason for everything. Aldo’s cardio vascular strength didn’t just magically vanish into thin air. It’s clearly something that Holloway did. Maybe you would have an argument if it was just one fight; “oh, Aldo was just off.”
But it happened twice and in the same fashion. There should be no debate. Frankie did it 0/2 times.
Holloway did it 2/2 times.

Use YOUR brain. Of course there was a reason. For the first fight Aldo was clearly injured during camp and couldn't work his strength and conditioning program. The second fight was clearly far too soon after the first.

Use YOUR brain. Of course there was a reason. For the first fight Aldo was clearly injured during camp and couldn't work his strength and conditioning program. The second fight was clearly far too soon after the first.

Lmfao, you’re hopeless.
I guess you’re right then. Holloway got lucky and finished Aldo in the third round twice. And Edgar was unlucky that he couldn’t mount any offense over two five round fights. That’s the most reasonable answer.

Back