Aldo vs Pettis / GSP vs Silva / Jones vs Cain. Who'd have the best chance of becoming a 2 div champ?

Who would have the best chance of becoming a 2 division champ? And the worst chance? Rank them from most likely to least likely to become a 2 division champ and what makes you think that.

Aldo vs Pettis
GSP vs Silva
Jones vs Cain.

tumblr_mgbz09c9wY1ry1rm7o1_250.gif
vs
JTWDISe.gif

tumblr_m9cjikFiXX1ry1rm7o1_250.gif
vs
giphy.gif

FrailKindheartedHalcyon.gif
vs
bb82d-1.gif
GSP was a terrible matchup for Silva at the time people first wanted to see it (post-Serra loss).

Aldo would likely outpoint Pettis.

Jones probably gets beat up by Cain... but maybe Jones PED use could give him a chance. In fact, steroid wrestling is strong.

Pettis has good kicks but he is a horrible boxer. Dana didn't let Aldo go up to LW without vacating his belt
That is true, tho I also feel that USADA had more of an impact on Pettis than anything else, paired with the fact that he did not evolve when others did. This characterization of Pettis being a bad boxer really did not take route until following his RDA and Eddie Alvarez performances.

It would have been a great fight, if we ever had a time machine. Also, I think it would have been more greatly beneficial to Aldo to atleast try at 155 and try to re capture the 145 title opposed to never trying at all. I'm sure they could have worked out a clause where he vacated if he won too, so he could be 'champ-champ' even if for one day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back