Aleks Emelianenko vs Tony Johnson fight

Thanks for posting! Johnson is no scrub, but it seems like we've found seen hints of the limits of Aleks potential at this stage in his career. A wrestler with even half-decent takedowns and he's in trouble.

Not the best Alexs performance, Johnson is a tough dude tho, can take a shot, heavy as fuck... Its unrealistic to expect Alex to become a serious contender at this point, but i belive he can be better prepared...

Thanks for the vid too!

Corrupt judging.
Tony Johnson won this fight. Look at Aleksander's face - it tells the whole story.
Aleksander fought hard against a very game opponent, but let's face it - he is not a top 20 fighter anymore. These days he is re-building his brand by fighting nobodies.

Corrupt judging.
Tony Johnson won this fight. Look at Aleksander's face - it tells the whole story.
Aleksander fought hard against a very game opponent, but let's face it - he is not a top 20 fighter anymore. These days he is re-building his brand by fighting nobodies.
He can beat plenty of Top 10, or top 15 guys who would stand and brawl with him, he is that level.

Corrupt judging.

This was hardly a robbery. Either 29-28 Aleks (Rd 1,3) or 29-28 Johnson (Rd. 2,3). I would have beens surprised if Aleks who dominated most of Rd 1,3 didnt win. It was obvious Johnson was dead tired in rd 3. Pretty even fight but to call it corrupt? Why? Seems like a pretty reasonable win...

That was a great fight. I dont see how anyone could hate on that but support shitty ass ufc hw fights. They threw down hard.

This was hardly a robbery. Either 29-28 Aleks (Rd 1,3) or 29-28 Johnson (Rd. 2,3). I would have beens surprised if Aleks who dominated most of Rd 1,3 didnt win. It was obvious Johnson was dead tired in rd 3. Pretty even fight but to call it corrupt? Why? Seems like a pretty reasonable win...
I scored it 28-28, R1 Aleks, R2: Tony(10-8) and R3 Aleks
Dont really see anything controversial either, Aleks face was more swollen than Tonys since he caught elbows to the face but Tony got hit more than Aleks imo.

Translation: "This is my work, this is how I earn my bread."

Damn, this was a really good fight and imo surprisingly unbias scoring. Draw sounds about right. Aleks hands are a thing of beauty.

That was a great fight. I dont see how anyone could hate on that but support shitty ass ufc hw fights. They threw down hard.

i agree and i would like to see a rematch somewhere down the line preferably on a bigger platform.

Aleks was clearly the better man on the feet but Johnson was superior with his takedowns and ground and pound and because of this i personally scored the fight for Johnson but i can certainly live with a draw. Both men are verry decent heavyweights altho flawed in some areas. Still think Aleks could make a decent run over at Bellator.

Last edited:
Corrupt judging.
Aleks won round one. Johnson clearly won round two. I scored round three for Johnson but it was a pretty close one so i think a draw is not that bad. If anything this outcome could give us a rematch so surely the fans win.

Aleks won round one. Johnson clearly won round two. I scored round three for Johnson but it was a pretty close one so i think a draw is not that bad. If anything this outcome could give us a rematch so surely the fans win.

Yeah a rematch would be nice. But it would be even nicer to see aleks in bellator. He needs to be able to stop those takedowns though...

Yeah a rematch would be nice. But it would be even nicer to see aleks in bellator. He needs to be able to stop those takedowns though...
Johnson has ties with Bellator. He has wins over Derrick Lewis and Volkov over there. Bellator should try to get him back aswell.

Back