Aleksander Emelianenko vs Gabriel Gonzaga, 5th May

Aleks still has the speed and power but his techniques go e to shit. He used to be a pretty slick boxer, as did Sergei.

Just like his brother hes a tremendous athlete with just enough skill left to beat most heavies.

That being said only a fool thinks he beats Stipe

Sergei has a fight coming up and it's against a dangerous fighter, not sure he can keep his win streak.. and Sergei is with M1. Aleks with RCC or WFCA. They don't want to fight each other, too.
Exactly, Aleks and Shtyrkov looked like shit and both should keep fighting irrelevant scrubs if they want to keep winning and making their *fans* wet.
Lol Sergei has legit grappling, he would probably takedown and submit Aleks early on. He's not just a boxer like Aleks..
100% that, these dudes talking about Aleks in UFC are the ones who's fanboyzism is making them blind, Aleks performance was pathetic and disappointing if anything.
Better fight? No, not really. The biggest? Maybe. Probably.
Ngannou got top 3 due to his overall career, not only by beating Overeem. He beat Curtis Blaydes who not only would RAPE Aleks but also is undefeated other than his fight with Ngannou.

Dude I'm one of Sergei's biggest fans, you're not talking with a noob. lol Sergei had a good ground game back in the day but it's definitely not as sharp as it used to be. He still submits people though so he could definitely sub Aleks but knowing Sergei he won't resist the urge to try and KO Aleks. Dude just loves punching people and taking years of their lives. lmao I can definitely see their rematch turning out very similar from their first one. Hopefully with Sergei being victorious this time.

<{JustBleed}>

but knowing Sergei he won't resist the urge to try and KO Aleks.
I don't think this fight actually happens, but if it does.. i don't see at all Sergei trying to keep it on the feet. Who really knows..

I'm afraid this debate ends soon, with Vyazigin sleeping Sergei.

That was a pretty cool come back win by othermelaneko. I didnt expect gonzago to go so wrestling crazy. Not to be a downer but is that disease rumor true about him? if not the ufc could use the name....

There are obviously fights in the UFC that Aleks would win, but he wouldn't be a top contender.

Ngannou got top 3 due to his overall career, not only by beating Overeem. He beat Curtis Blaydes who not only would RAPE Aleks but also is undefeated other than his fight with Ngannou.

Styles make fights and Blaydes is a wrestler and Aleks showed poor TDD. Shocker, but thats doesnt mean Ngannou would be Aleks.

I think this discussion is becoming too complex for you because you just used MMAth

Aleks looked disciplined fit. Impressed. So was the Affliction Hepatitis fake news?

Maybe. Gabe was exposed as Aleks was bleeding from the mouth most of the fight. He must’ve been satisfied by the blood work.

It was actually encouraging that a fighter who was used to first world regulation as far as pre fight physical goes agreed to fight Aleks. Guys like Zwicker and of course Geronimo seem like guys who will take their chances lol

Not trying to suggest Russia poorly regulates such serious things cause I have no clue but the fact that Aleks has struggled to get fights outside of the federation and with established opponents made me wonder. Geronimo is another guy who couldn’t get licensed stateside for similar concerns. KSW also claimed Aleks had hep. CSAC never revealed why Aleks could never get licensed in the states.

Last edited:
Maybe. Gabe was exposed as Aleks was bleeding from the mouth most of the fight. He must’ve been satisfied by the blood work.

It was actually encouraging that a fighter who was used to first world regulation as far as pre fight physical goes agreed to fight Aleks. Guys like Zwicker and of course Geronimo seem like guys who will take their chances lol

Not trying to suggest Russia poorly regulates such serious things cause I have no clue but the fact that Aleks has struggled to get fights outside of the federation and with established opponents made me wonder. Geronimo is another guy who couldn’t get licensed stateside for similar concerns. KSW also claimed Aleks had hep. CSAC never revealed why Aleks could never get licensed in the states.

Gonzaga while fighting Aleks:

poison.png

A cool fight I hadn't thought of before. Aleks definitely needs to work his TDD but Gonzaga did get Cro Cop down as well. Gonzaga vs Mir would be cool. Or Aleks vs Mir. Maybe Gonzaga could fight Bigfoot.

Styles make fights and Blaydes is a wrestler and Aleks showed poor TDD. Shocker, but thats doesnt mean Ngannou would be Aleks.

I think this discussion is becoming too complex for you because you just used MMAth
Holy fuck, you're dumb, really dumb. I mentioned Blaydes OBVIOUSLY because he's a top 5 HW, so Ngannou 2 top 5 wins in Overeem + Blaydes. Also there is Arlovski, who is other top 10. You said that Ngannou is a can and make it looking like the only thing he's done of importance was defeating Overeem, and that's false. He beat 3 fighters in the top 10.

Ngannou would KO Aleks R1, not because he beat Blaydes, but because he is faster and actually has a chin. Power advantage, as well.
but the fact that Aleks has struggled to get fights outside of the federation and with established opponents made me wonder.
Could be the fact that he is a rapist, maybe.

Holy fuck, you're dumb, really dumb. I mentioned Blaydes OBVIOUSLY because he's a top 5 HW, so Ngannou 2 top 5 wins in Overeem + Blaydes. Also there is Arlovski, who is other top 10. You said that Ngannou is a can and make it looking like the only thing he's done of importance was defeating Overeem, and that's false. He beat 3 fighters in the top 10.

Ngannou would KO Aleks R1, not because he beat Blaydes, but because he is faster and actually has a chin. Power advantage, as well.

Dude, he beat 2 dudes with glass jaws and Blaydes who's best win is an ancient Mark Hunt. Btw, Arlovski was on like a 3 fight skid or some crazy shit when that fight happened. That's not a top win. Mother fucker.

WOW SUCH A FUCKING RESUME

Dude, he beat 2 dudes with glass jaws and Blaydes who's best win is an ancient Mark Hunt. Btw, Arlovski was on like a 3 fight skid or some crazy shit when that fight happened. That's not a top win. Mother fucker.

WOW SUCH A FUCKING RESUME
3 top 10 wins, doesn't matter how you try to twist it. It's a damn fact, for fucks sake. 3 wins against the top 10.

Now obviously but he struggled before that

3 top 10 wins, doesn't matter how you try to twist it. It's a damn fact, for fucks sake. 3 wins against the top 10.

Doesn't make those wins worth shit, doesn't matter how you try to twist it. In no fucking division is a guy who gets stopped 3 times in a row top 10.

Gonzaga took down guys like Mirko and Stipe before so the takedown he got on Aleks wasnt THAT much of a shocker. Hes a BJJ world champ after all.

To me what was most concerning about Aleks was his head movement. He wings combos and doesnt defend at all and its something that could really cost him against a more competent counter puncher.

On the ground Aleks did what Anderson did to DC. It wasnt exciting but he fully neutralized Gonzaga and gassed him out. It wasnt impressive to watch but it was effective and got Aleks back up to his feet where he TKOd Gonzaga.

The problem with Aleks is his legs are gone. You can see his brain wants to swing those Morais combos but his legs cant cash that check and he looks slow and a bit silly swinging for combos while stationary. I guess its a part of getting old.

Aleks really needs to work on his wrestling and head movement.

Big fan of AA but he's only top 10 by name and being in the UFC, there's plenty of guys that would KO him at this point. Same goes for overeem, hunt, and a whole bunch of old geezers on the UFC hw roster.

Although, I do agree ngannou would beat aleks.

Big fan of AA but he's only top 10 by name and being in the UFC, there's plenty of guys that would KO him at this point. Same goes for overeem, hunt, and a whole bunch of old geezers on the UFC hw roster.

Although, I do agree ngannou would beat aleks.
Not really, he's on a 2 win streak against 2 ranked fighters (Struve and Albini). Who should be ranked over him, outside the top 10?

He needs more wrestling in his camps but otherwise nice. War Aleks!

Back