Aleksander Emelianenko vs Gabriel Gonzaga, 5th May

Sergei has a fight coming up and it's against a dangerous fighter, not sure he can keep his win streak.. and Sergei is with M1. Aleks with RCC or WFCA. They don't want to fight each other, too.

You mean minakov? Is this fight actually happening? I know they talked about it but I didnt know it was official.

Last edited:
You mean minakov? Is this fight actually happening? I know they talked about it but I didnt know it was official.
No. He's fighting a russian prospect. Anton Vyazigin. Big guy with KO power, faster than Kharitonov at this point. The old man looked like shit in his last fight. This might be it, who knows.

Not really, he's on a 2 win streak against 2 ranked fighters (Struve and Albini). Who should be ranked over him, outside the top 10?
I said there are plenty of guys that would KO arlovski, not that they should be ranked above him. Ranking are skewed because wins in the UFC hold more value than other promotions. For instance, Minakov is probably the best HW in the world right now but hes ranked below some OLD, overrated UFC heavies that keep their ranks by beating each other or losing to UFC's version of brett rogers (Blaydes, lewis, ngannou, pretty much any hungry young HW with a pulse)

I said there are plenty of guys that would KO arlovski, not that they should be ranked above him. Ranking are skewed because wins in the UFC hold more value than other promotions. For instance, Minakov is probably the best HW in the world right now but hes ranked below some OLD, overrated UFC heavies that keep their ranks by beating each other or losing to UFC's version of brett rogers (Blaydes, lewis, ngannou, pretty much any hungry young HW with a pulse)
Lol did you see Minakov last fights? How he is supposed to be the best heavyweight in the world? That's a absurd statement. It's Stipe and that's not even close.

And by "top 10", i meant top 10 in UFC, not in MMA, Arlovski isn't a top 10 heavyweight in MMA at this point. You misunderstood my comment.

Gonzaga took down Mirko few times as far as I remember and Mirko has pretty solid TDD even at this age. TDD wasn't Mirko's problem when it comes to his losses in recent years.
When Gonzaga comes to grapple he's a dangerous guy.

Gonzaga took down Mirko few times as far as I remember and Mirko has pretty solid TDD even at this age. TDD wasn't Mirko's problem when it comes to his losses in recent years.
When Gonzaga comes to grapple he's a dangerous guy.

Gonzaga took Stipe down as well.

Gonzaga took Stipe down as well.
Yeah, and he was able to keep Stipe down for like 2 or 3 seconds..

After that, Stipe defended all takedowns in the second and third round. Gonzaga tried many. Aleks got taken down quickly and controlled on the ground, lost the first round and was losing the second until Gabby gassed. A much worse version of Gabby, semi-retired and without fighting for 2 years. Veery different.

"I said there are plenty of guys that would KO arlovski, not that they should be ranked above him. Ranking are skewed because wins in the UFC hold more value than other promotions. For instance, Minakov is probably the best HW in the world right now"

I stopped reading there. Minakov's best win is what...a decision over Kongo? This is the same Kongo who left the UFC before Minakov beat him because he was getting finished in the 1st round by guys like Mir, Nelson and Hunt. And yeah, Minakov beat a guy who just beat a 41-year old Werdum, who has declined massively in the last few years. Let's wait for Minakov to beat a current Top 5 guy before making ridiculous claims.

Yeah, and he was able to keep Stipe down for like 2 or 3 seconds..

After that, Stipe defended all takedowns in the second and third round. Gonzaga tried many. Aleks got taken down quickly and controlled on the ground, lost the first round and was losing the second until Gabby gassed. A much worse version of Gabby, semi-retired and without fighting for 2 years. Veery different.

Yep, and remember Gonzaga's final UFC fight... Derrick Lewis KO'd him faster than Aleks did. That should tell you were Aleks is among current HWs...not bad considering it's an old and weak division...but not a world beater either. Oh, and Mitrione and Travis Browne finished a much better/younger Gabe in the 1st round as well.

No. He's fighting a russian prospect. Anton Vyazigin. Big guy with KO power, faster than Kharitonov at this point. The old man looked like shit in his last fight. This might be it, who knows.

Oh ok. He definetely looks like the most dangerous guy sergei fought in a long time but also wild with his punches. I could see kharitonov catching him but yeah he didnt look great recently.

He is no where near as good as Sergey. He reaches on his punches, gets impatient. He also seems to wing out punches which isnt good in the long run of fights. Also Kharitonov was never fast.

He is no where near as good as Sergey. He reaches on his punches, gets impatient. He also seems to wing out punches which isnt good in the long run of fights. Also Kharitonov was never fast.
No one said he was good. He's fast and hits hard, that can be enough at heavyweight. Look at Derrick Lewis and Tai Tuivasa.

Aleks said in a interview right after the fight on saturday, he is not interessted in Fighting vs. Kharitonov. Cause there are not so many russian HW Fighter, they should Support each other...

I'm in full support of Aleks going on another tear at HW. He's looked amazing in his last few fights since prison and if he can piece a few more wins together and gets on the Hep-C meds I'd love to see him crushing some fat Polish dudes in the UFC. Hate it or love it, the guy's stand up is absolutely top shelf and he seems to have some serious motivation after his mental health/rape-related issues sidelined him.

He may be a terrible person, he may not (never dug into the details surrounding the rape charges) but that Russkie can lower the boom on fools in a division that's beyond shallow at the moment.

Just saw this today.

This looked like a work imo. AE's grappling looked abysmal, and GG looked like he could control AE on the ground, but let him up in round 2. GG then stood right in front of AE taking punches. The last knee didn't look like it connected cleanly. GG did a good job faking it, but works don't escape my eye. I suspect GG must've made 100k to lose, lol.

Just saw this today.

This looked like a work imo. AE's grappling looked abysmal, and GG looked like he could control AE on the ground, but let him up in round 2. GG then stood right in front of AE taking punches. The last knee didn't look like it connected cleanly. GG did a good job faking it, but works don't escape my eye. I suspect GG must've made 100k to lose, lol.

What in it looks like a work? Aleks foils GG’s takedown and then unloads on him. GG’s only chance was to take Aleks down and when he couldnt do it it was game over. Did you miss the 30-40 punches prior to the knee? GG didnt have anything left in the tank. The fight was over. Aleks looked pretty solid...

Back