Aleksander Emelianenko vs Gabriel Gonzaga, 5th May

What in it looks like a work? Aleks foils GG’s takedown and then unloads on him. GG’s only chance was to take Aleks down and when he couldnt do it it was game over. Did you miss the 30-40 punches prior to the knee? GG didnt have anything left in the tank. The fight was over. Aleks looked pretty solid...

There were no sounds but GG looked like he let AE up on purpose, despite getting only a warning. And even if GG was gassed, he purposely let himself get cornered, as he did in the first round. Why would he let the fight be a stand up fight if he was too tired to punch back? And this promotion is in the heart of Russia, figure it out.

There were no sounds but GG looked like he let AE up on purpose, despite getting only a warning. And even if GG was gassed, he purposely let himself get cornered, as he did in the first round. Why would he let the fight be a stand up fight if he was too tired to punch back? And this promotion is in the heart of Russia, figure it out.

Easy to say for you because you have never trained and would be shy to shadow box in front of people because of how terrible your balance and athletics are.

Easy to say for you because you have never trained and would be shy to shadow box in front of people because of how terrible your balance and athletics are.

The "you're a keyboad warrior" argument ignores the really suspect things bout this fight. It doesn't have anything to do with it really. It is highly probable this was a work just from the business standpoint. And logically why would GG, who controlled AE for the majority of round 1 and could do the same thing for round 2, willingly stood up and not fight back? The path of easy victory presented itself, LnP is a legit winning strategy. Why not take it?

The "you're a keyboad warrior" argument ignores the really suspect things bout this fight. It doesn't have anything to do with it really. It is highly probable this was a work just from the business standpoint. And logically why would GG, who controlled AE for the majority of round 1 and could do the same thing for round 2, willingly stood up and not fight back? The path of easy victory presented itself, LnP is a legit winning strategy. Why not take it?

You must have missed the overhand right bombs that Gonzaga landed on Aleks' chin that could have easily KOd Aleks spoiling whatever fix that the promoters had set up.

This wasnt a high stakes fight which needed a fix anyways. It was non top 20 HW vs non top 20 HW. I bet Aleks didnt make more than 50k for this fight and neither did Gonzaga.

Whats the fucking point of fixing a low caliber fight like this? LMAO you must be bored bro.

You must have missed the overhand right bombs that Gonzaga landed on Aleks' chin that could have easily KOd Aleks spoiling whatever fix that the promoters had set up.

This wasnt a high stakes fight which needed a fix anyways. It was non top 20 HW vs non top 20 HW. I bet Aleks didnt make more than 50k for this fight and neither did Gonzaga.

Whats the fucking point of fixing a low caliber fight like this? LMAO you must be bored bro.

I imagine Aleks is a fairly big name in Russia. A local promotion can use a guy who is well known to guarantee multiple events. That's actually the very basics of all types of promotion in combat sports: get a local hero, and pad his record by bringing in guys he can beat, and if you need to, pay the other guy to take a dive. Don't pretend this isn't anything new, lol.

What a stupid debate. If anything, that fight hurt RCC, because Gonzaga exposed Aleks shitty grappling. If he was paid to lose, RCC should ask for a refund.

I imagine Aleks is a fairly big name in Russia. A local promotion can use a guy who is well known to guarantee multiple events. That's actually the very basics of all types of promotion in combat sports: get a local hero, and pad his record by bringing in guys he can beat, and if you need to, pay the other guy to take a dive. Don't pretend this isn't anything new, lol.

Aleks isnt even a top 20 HW who has been KTFOd by non top 50 HW Magomed Malikov, Subbed by non top 50 HW Monson, and TKOd by non top 20 HW Sasnovsky but somehow a promoter is going to risk the integrity of his promotion to put in a fix for Aleks to beat non top 20 Gonzaga. Makes a lot of sense bro.

Aleks isnt even a top 20 HW who has been KTFOd by non top 50 HW Magomed Malikov, Subbed by non top 50 HW Monson, and TKOd by non top 20 HW Sasnovsky but somehow a promoter is going to risk the integrity of his promotion to put in a fix for Aleks to beat non top 20 Gonzaga. Makes a lot of sense bro.
Do you realize you are wasting your time discussing MMA with a guy who has BJ Penn in his avatar?

Casual Russian fans would likely not know any guys you listed. They know the name Emelianenko and it sells. If they have an Emalianenko in their org, they'll turn him into their cash cow. This is not hard to understand.

Casual Russian fans would likely not know any guys you listed. They know the name Emelianenko and it sells. If they have an Emalianenko in their org, they'll turn him into their cash cow. This is not hard to understand.

Man you're a special one.

Nobody would have cared if Aleksander lost to Gonzaga just like nobody cared when he lost to Monson and Malikov in M-1. He is a decent name but not a huge name. If he fights people in Russia will tune in. Win or lose. The promoter isn't going to risk his promotions integrity for non top 20 Aleks to maintain an aura of invincibility. Like I said you just bored.

Man you're a special one.

Nobody would have cared if Aleksander lost to Gonzaga just like nobody cared when he lost to Monson and Malikov in M-1. He is a decent name but not a huge name. If he fights people in Russia will tune in. Win or lose. The promoter isn't going to risk his promotions integrity for non top 20 Aleks to maintain an aura of invincibility. Like I said you just bored.

You might have been watching combat sports longer than I have but fail to see the most basic scheme a promoter does. This literally happens all over the world but somehow it can't get through you.

What's wrong with having a Penn av?
BJ Penn fans are the worst.

I love his bushido spirit fighting at any weightclass... but people in sherdog made a myth of a "motivated" BJ who was supposedly unbeatable. Most overrated fighter ever.

You might have been watching combat sports longer than I have but fail to see the most basic scheme a promoter does. This literally happens all over the world but somehow it can't get through you.
Do you have any proof or you are just talking off your ass?

What a stupid debate. If anything, that fight hurt RCC, because Gonzaga exposed Aleks shitty grappling. If he was paid to lose, RCC should ask for a refund.
I donno about expose its common knowledge aleks ground is/has always been bad

Do you have any proof or you are just talking off your ass?

I don't have proof that the fight was a work just like I don't have any proof Dada5000 threw the fight against Kimbo Slice (RIP). But I sure think both fights were works, or at least dives from the losers' end.

I don't have proof that the fight was a work just like I don't have any proof Dada5000 threw the fight against Kimbo Slice (RIP). But I sure think both fights were works, or at least dives from the losers' end.
Change your AV for this one:

Bart-Simpson-Conspiraci%C3%B3n.jpg

I donno about expose its common knowledge aleks ground is/has always been bad
I understand what you're saying but Aleks was training hard and in Chechnya, where they have some great grapplers, so people expected his game to evolve, and it didn't. He is the same guy from PRIDE but with better supplements. A sick boxer with lightning fast hand speed and terrible TDD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back