Alexander Gustaffson’s manager on him pulling out

How are People blaming gus when volkan was the guy who pulled out?

So sick of this dude and his batshit insane fanbase. Hey? Guy? You got your last title shot coming off of a loss. The most impressive thing you've ever done is lose title fights. Shut the fuck up already.

So sick of this dude and his batshit insane fanbase. Hey? Guy? You got your last title shot coming off of a loss. The most impressive thing you've ever done is lose title fights. Shut the fuck up already.
And DC got his belt by a loss

And DC got his belt by a loss
You mean that no contest because Jones was cheating? I'm a Jones fan but fuck that, the way you guys hand wave cheating is insane. 1 win, 1 no contest.

Because if you have to cheat because you're too afraid to fight clean, it doesn't count. Don't know how you think Gus is on some high ground there anyway. DC beat him, and beat Rumble 2x, who flatlined your boy and made him think of quitting MMA for good.

You mean that no contest because Jones was cheating? I'm a Jones fan but fuck that, the way you guys hand wave cheating is insane. 1 win, 1 no contest.

Because if you have to cheat because you're too afraid to fight clean, it doesn't count. Don't know how you think Gus is on some high ground there anyway. DC beat him, and beat Rumble 2x, who flatlined your boy and made him think of quitting MMA for good.
So how do we know that jones wasnt cheating vs gus?

So how do we know that jones wasnt cheating vs gus?
We don't know. His entire career has a huge asterisk next to it. That's why in all these goat threads I always say him and Silva are out.

But like it or not he didn't test positive in the Gus fight or the first DC fight, so technically you can't take those wins away from him. Technically. Personally I don't give him any credit for any of it anymore. And it sucks, because I've been a fan since ufc 100. But it is what it is.

He almost beat Jones

Thats the highlight of his career and he thinks that entitles him for a title shot always.

2 years off

I deserve a title shot

3 years off

I should be fighting for a title not a title shot

This isn’t a title shot? Oh I have an undisclosed injury now.
It's retarded for us fans, but it makes a certain pragmatic sense. UFC just wants to keep the event together. If he waits this out, they'll have no choice but to have thrm fight for a/n (interim) title down the line, seeing as how DC has confirmed his Bork Laser fight will be his last. They'll probably strip DC and have Gus find a number 1 guy in the division for it.
It's funny, DC is the second champ to go up, win a belt and never go back down to defend. If this keeps up, the whole act of becoming a two-division champ will lose its luster and become something ordinary. Hope it doesn't come to that.
I think DC is excused since he's nearing the end if his career and is quite diminished at LHW. However, in the future, UFC needs to be careful with giving champions title shots for other divisions and make them defend both divisions they lord over.
Realistically, I think only lower weight classes can pull this off (CoGar or TJ defending at both 125 and 135 sounds realistic).
Anyway, Gus is being corrupted by the whole money fight theme. Shittt.

seems like a weird thing to do unless he really did just get injured. He would have beaten some lower level fighter with no camp. then he probably gets the title shot plus would make over $100K

How are People blaming gus when volkan was the guy who pulled out?
Because the goofball went on to call out half the roster afterwards, with ridiculous entitlement, not realizing he himself was injured too?

Back