Do you agree with him or no?

• I agree

• I disagree.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Takes_Two_To_Tango

Formally known as MXZT
Platinum Member
Reaction score
"The guy is such a beast" Gustafsson says. He said that on the JRE podcast earlier.

Do you agree with him or no?

With the joke that the UFC belts have become I’m inclined to agree.

The win over jones would have given him the belt though. I understand doing something that nobody else has done is cool but in his case, not winning the title will be the one thing that haunts him forever.

1. I think beating Jon Jones would be bigger than being LHW champ. Much bigger.
2. If Gustaffson is suggesting that he already beat Jones, I respectfully disagree.
3. I think Cormier knows that what Gustaffson is saying is true, which is why he is seeking a legacy accomplishment bigger than the LHW belt by trying to beat Stipe.

For Gustafsson's career? Definitely. For an upcoming undefeated LHW? Nah.

I mean yeah, probably. Jones is the best ever and has never lost a fight (other than with USADA) so beating him is clearly the highest accomplishment.

A win over Jones now isn’t the same as a win over Jones when he was still champion.

I can't imagine a bigger win for your legacy than beating Jones

Lol at disagreeing. All the fighters know that.
As great as dc is and was. Bones is that much better.

It’s a great loss for mma and fight fans. But A huge victory for the haters out there.

Definitely agree. Sadly, so far it doesn't seem like anyone other Jones himself accomplish this.

yeah, belts dont matter if the current champ didnt beat the previous champ. everyone knows who the best 205 fighter on earth is. jon is the GOAT lhw without question, and definitely in the p4p GOAT discussion

gus should be more concerned about winning fights in general, he has THREE (3) wins since he fought shogun in 2012. you cant coast off prior wins (and in his case, losses) forever

you already won but corrupted zuffa were never going to give you a close decision win when jones just got sponsored by nike

I don't agree with gus, but i do agree with another poster who said ufc belts are becoming a joke. As far as what gis says.... Well no! He will always be know as the guy who almost beat jon

vztc6Bw.gif

Jones is the goatest

Back