Economy Alibaba announces tremendously bad news, yuuge job losses

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5ba336c0e4b069d5f9cfda9a

Chinese tech giant Alibaba will no longer bring the 1 million jobs it had promised to the U.S. because the hostile trade environment created by President Donald Trump and his ongoing tariff conflict with China has made such a plan impossible, the company’s co-founder and chairman Jack Ma announced this week.

So how does Trump spin this in his favor? I remember his supporters heralding this as a yuge win.

So.... now not having Amazon on a much bigger scale.... is a bad thing... correct?

Participate. Don't participate. Participation is open to the public. If people chose not to participate, who's at fault for that?
especially when most decent sized companies offer 401k with some kind of match. People are literally throwing away free money for their future when they don't participate.

especially when most decent sized companies offer 401k with some kind of match. People are literally throwing away free money for their future when they don't participate.

Between 30-40% of Americans work for companies that don't even offer 401k, and it's worse for the younger generations.

The newer generations are more likely to opt out of plans because they can't afford the weekly loss, even if it's matched.

You're asking someone making a few hundred bucks per week to give away a chunk for a 40 or 50 year return. It simply doesn't make sense to people living pay check to pay check.

Between 30-40% of Americans work for companies that don't even offer 401k, and it's worse for the younger generations.

The newer generations are more likely to opt out of plans because they can't afford the weekly loss, even if it's matched.

You're asking someone making a few hundred bucks per week to give away a chunk for a 40 or 50 year return. It simply doesn't make sense to people living pay check to pay check.
When I was making $24,000 out of college I still managed to contribute 7% to my 401K because the company I was working for matched up to 7%. It was hard, but if you start right away you won't miss the money.

When I was making $24,000 out of college I still managed to contribute 7% to my 401K because the company I was working for matched up to 7%. It was hard, but if you start right away you won't miss the money.

What about the 40% (and growing) that don't even have that option?

strive for a job that offers better benefits. They can also open an IRA

IRA... which typically have a minimum starting investment of $5k or more and is even more out of reach to the average American..?

IRA... which typically have a minimum starting investment of $5k or more and is even more out of reach to the average American..?
I've been selling my blood and seman for a couple years now. Soon I will be entering the stock market with my capital surplus from this business venture. It can be done, sir!

Lol at you ignoring YEARS of growth under obama and pretending it didn't happen. Pricing my original point for a second time.

Never change Bobby, never change.
Trump is so amazing, he has created 94 months of consecutive economic growth in just 18 months.

Just don't ask about middle class wages.

There was no sarcasm? So you think that things changed due to magic?

The poster you quoted just showed that there was steady growth under Obama's time as well, which is true.

Except for the fact the Dow was flat from July of 2014.

<TheDonald>

It's not hard to find IRA's that don't have that requirement.

Many employers will even recommend one/an agent to their employees if they dont offer retirement plans.

Nope you are..

Telling the majority of Americans that earn less than $30,000 per year to just invest in stocks is a bafflingly reductionist way of thinking.

No, you tell them they should have put more effort into their education, or development of skills desirable to society.

If you’re 35 and the only thing you can offer society is to flip a burger, you shouldn’t be surprised life sucks a little.

No, you tell them they should have put more effort into their education, or development of skills desirable to society.

If you’re 35 and the only thing you can offer society is to flip a burger, you shouldn’t be surprised life sucks a little.

Stupid simple reductionist thinking as though only burger flippers are poorly paid.

Lotta sociopaths with battered wife syndrome itt

^^^ Doesn’t understand that when the wealthy have more money and are more confident in the leadership in Washington, the entire economy improves.

Tip, go outside.

See those help wanted signs?

When they are richer they will invest more is undeniable.

Equally undeniable is that they will not invest where the consumer is losing purchasing power.

It's hilarious Trumps America first policies incentivise international investment funded by American government debt.

No, however by 14, his tax and regulation policies had taken their toll on the economy.

Btw, even his own advisers commented that the economy wasn’t good. Rewriting history doesn’t work when the numbers are so startling.

Trump wins election, the next day the economy skyrocketed.

Fact.

Economy =/= stock market.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NiTrok
Back