Economy Alibaba announces tremendously bad news, yuuge job losses

You were the one saying 30k. It’s unlikely you were studious if you’re pulling in that kind of $.

More than 40% of Americans(the largest income group) make 30K or less.

Is everyone a burger flipper?

If you don’t think the economy is doing very well, then you’re suffering from extreme TDS.

Well how do you figure that?

GDP growth, GDP growth per capita, or how about somethins for Trumps like median wealth or income, wage growth?
Budget surplus, reducing deficit?

I think you'll find alot of countries are doing better with out blowing out debt and removing essential environmental protections.

PS. Care to respond to my other post about international investment.

Except for the fact the Dow was flat from July of 2014.

<TheDonald>

No, it peaked in May 2015. Then it started to go a bit up and down and passed that number late 2016 when the global economic boom started.

There was still steady growth for most of Obama's terms and that was during recession which you need to take into account when making a comparison.

Well how do you figure that?

GDP growth, GDP growth per capita, or how about somethins for Trumps like median wealth or income, wage growth?
Budget surplus, reducing deficit?

I think you'll find alot of countries are doing better with out blowing out debt and removing essential environmental protections.

PS. Care to respond to my other post about international investment.

I missed your other post, I’ll check later.

I mostly base my analysis on factories in my town having help wanted signs posted for the first time in at least my adult life.

GDP is good, unemployment is good, the markets are great, consumer confidence is up, etc etc...

That’s a fancy way of saying the Dow was flat from July of 14.

Obviously not as it rose 7% between July 2014 and May 2015.

The fact that the stock market in the US has gone so strong for quite a while is starting to worry people. Normally you would have had a smaller crash by now and the delay of that risks creating a bubble that causes the inevitable crash to be really significant.

Well, thankfully our economy is kicking ass.

It’s just interesting how all the good news, trillions in wealth, and the rest is ignored by the left.

But give you the chance to get on you knees for China, NK, ms13 etc, you can’t get down fast enough.
You mean like you did during Obama's tenure? Suddenly you stopped caring about the debt. Some of us never did. Didn't like it, then, hate it now.

Time's better be good when you are in a one-time windfall of repatriation taxation, a "weight cut" corporate tax cut that's greatest effect will be temporary because corporate America will adjust to the new less invasive scheme, and a budget that is swelling the debt to historic proportions. Trump spends more disproportionately to revenue than any Democrat in history except perhaps FDR, and he had some pretty big problems on his plate with the Great Depression and WWII. That is where he is taking our debt in the middle of no major wars.

Why do you suddenly not care about the debt or labor force participation rates? You realize that 0.1% less of the population is in the labor pool than when Trump entered office, right?

Last edited:
Hard, government data:
https://data.bls.gov/timeseries/LNS11300000
6067348c-5e0d-4244-95f6-d8b765b9df7b.png

Nonpartisan projection via the CBO:
https://www.cbo.gov/publication/53651
74d3b58b-866b-4279-b28d-39cfc9494022.png

29-maurizio-cattelan-toilet.w700.h700.jpg

Last edited:
You mean like you did during Obama's tenure? Suddenly you stopped caring about the debt. Some of us never did. Didn't like it, then, hate it now.

Time's better be good when you are in a one-time windfall of repatriation taxation, a "weight cut" corporate tax cut that's greatest effect will be temporary because corporate America will adjust to the new less invasive scheme, and a budget that is swelling the debt to historic proportions. Trump spends more disproportionately to revenue than any Democrat in history except perhaps FDR, and he had some pretty big problems on his plate with the Great Depression and WWII. That is where he is taking our debt in the middle of no major wars.

Why do you suddenly not care about the debt or labor force participation rates? You realize that 0.1% less of the population is in the labor pool than when Trump entered office, right?

Why don’t you go ahead and quote anything of mine during the obama administration unfairly criticizing him.

We’ll wait.

I routinely give obama a fair economic assessment.

Not bad, not great.

If you don’t think the economy is doing very well, then you’re suffering from extreme TDS.

No one takes you seriously anymore.. you are a an old meme on a verge of becoming completely irrelevant, you have like 3 cheerleaders left on this forum, who are just as dishonest as you are.

"the economy is doing great, blah blah blah" it literally hasn't changed since the Obama years, and the wages are stagnant. I bet if someone gave you a graph of the stock growth of the past 2 decades without the years printed on them, you'd have no idea where exactly Trump took over...

Last edited:
No one takes you seriously anymore.. you are a an old meme on a verge of becoming completely irrelevant, you have like 3 cheerleaders left on this forum, who are just as dishonest as you are.

"the economy is doing great, blah blah blah" it literally hasn't changed since the Obama years, and the wages are stagnant. I bet if someone gave you a graph of the stock growth of the past 2 decades without the years printed on them, you'd have no idea where exactly Trump took over...

As if sherdog was a serious place since the meltdown the left had when trump was elected.

<{cruzshake}>

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5ba336c0e4b069d5f9cfda9a

Chinese tech giant Alibaba will no longer bring the 1 million jobs it had promised to the U.S. because the hostile trade environment created by President Donald Trump and his ongoing tariff conflict with China has made such a plan impossible, the company’s co-founder and chairman Jack Ma announced this week.

So how does Trump spin this in his favor? I remember his supporters heralding this as a yuge win.
Alibaba is like Amazon's online marketplace right?? , it's not a tech company in the sense that they manufacturer and or design products.

Alibaba / Chinese government are trying to convince the American people that a trade war against China is very bad for Americans. It's like a weaker army trying to bluff its much stronger opponent into thinking the former is way more powerful than it is. The US is not going to hurt as much as China in this trade war. The US just applied tariffs on $200billion of Chinese goods and the Chinese could only retaliate with tariffs on $60 billion ; that shows right there who is in the weaker position. We would be stupid to fall for this Chinese attempt to scare us.

Does everyone outside of the 10% have negative liquidity and unable to participate in the investment of stocks? No. Of course not. Don't be ridiculous.

Anyone with the cash to spare to be profitable in the current stock market already probably does participate. Or they found something else they like.

Posturing. They 'promised' to bring jobs over, but then broke their promise. That just shows what their promises are worth.

From where I am from we call that a "Chinese promise".

Jack is probably a little pissed off about this too.

Alibaba owns Ant Financial. Kill 'Em All.

-1x-1.png

The Jack Ma fan boys are a weired annoying bunch when Jack Ma visited my country all the Chinese shills on FB started posting quotes by Jack Ma like he is some sort of a political "mesaiah" for them.

Thats one thing about FB you will get to find out who among your friends,High School and college friends are treasonous SOBs

Alibaba is like Amazon's online marketplace right?? , it's not a tech company in the sense that they manufacturer and or design products.

Alibaba / Chinese government are trying to convince the American people that a trade war against China is very bad for Americans. It's like a weaker army trying to bluff its much stronger opponent into thinking the former is way more powerful than it is. The US is not going to hurt as much as China in this trade war. The US just applied tariffs on $200billion of Chinese goods and the Chinese could only retaliate with tariffs on $60 billion ; that shows right there who is in the weaker position. We would be stupid to fall for this Chinese attempt to scare us.

China is weaker but it is united.

I don't mean they all get along but without the short termism that is present in every democracy they can ride out much worse conditions than an elected official.

I've been watching a Vietnam war mini series and this reminds me of a comment on the kill ratio. American forces were killing 10 Vietnamese for each 1 American lost. But American people don't care about the 10 they care about the 1.

Back