Alice In Chains - Rainier Fog 2018

Nice! I'm really impressed with how Jerry has been able to carry on and make quality alums over the years.

The two songs they've released so far are pretty much what I want out of an AIC album in 2018. The Devil put dinosaurs here was a little too all over the place as an album, you have sludge/metal songs like Phantom Limb, Hollow, and Stone, and then out of nowhere there is a borderline country song like Scalpel or a pop rock song like Low Ceiling. These songs seem a bit more focused, like the follow up to Black gives way to Blue that I was hoping TDPDH would have been.

Read that Duvall actually wrote So Far Under and actually does the solo.

That's actually pretty good.

The two songs they've released so far are pretty much what I want out of an AIC album in 2018. The Devil put dinosaurs here was a little too all over the place as an album, you have sludge/metal songs like Phantom Limb, Hollow, and Stone, and then out of nowhere there is a borderline country song like Scalpel or a pop rock song like Low Ceiling. These songs seem a bit more focused, like the follow up to Black gives way to Blue that I was hoping TDPDH would have been.
It's Alice In Chains when have they ever released a full length album that has just settled into just one genre Black Gives Way to Blue didn't. TDPDH was a nice mix of songs without too much of the songs being drowned out with too much over playing.

I think Enter Sandman is the best of the four, and I think I like it more than the original lol.

Not bad. Way better then APC we waited so long for.

I guess I'm an "old music" snob. None of their new stuff can compare, in my mind, to their best 90's material.

Bleh.

I got all excited the way you guys were talking.

I guess I'm an "old music" snob. None of their new stuff can compare, in my mind, to their best 90's material.
there's a few new songs I like Your Decision, When the Sun Rose Again, Private Hell, All Secrets Known, Breath On a Window, Voices, but for the most part I feel the same. I'd probably like a few more if Jerry could refrain being so damn crunchy with his playing just on a couple of the songs it drowns out the singing.

Sounds like Alice in Chains

I can't listen to that shit though. Obviously its just not the same without Layne

Sounds like Alice in Chains

I can't listen to that shit though. Obviously its just not the same without Layne
It definitely isn't the same, but it is still a solid rock band. I will continue to support them.

No thanks not interested was a huge fan back in the Layne Staley days won't listen to the new stuff.

No thanks not interested was a huge fan back in the Layne Staley days won't listen to the new stuff.
Really don't understand people like this. Were you ONLY a fan of Layne? No respect for Jerry at all?

Back