Alice In Chains - Rainier Fog 2018

No thanks not interested was a huge fan back in the Layne Staley days won't listen to the new stuff.
Really don't understand people like this. Were you ONLY a fan of Layne? No respect for Jerry at all?

The dynamic has changed… too be honest, I’m surprised DuVall is still w/ the band. No one says the kid is not talented. In fact, AIC may be weighing him down…

This…

This…

Or this…

The dynamic Staley and Cantrell had… damn, what a beautiful sound… I can totally understand people’s reservations into getting back into the band. The band sounds good today, but the original was held in such high regard… it’s like saying Johnny or Ronnie Van Zant? The doors w/ Ian Astbury or Queen w/ Paul Rodgers...

People just feel different about the new lineups… No one is saying it’s bad in anyway, it’s just different and that is totally understandable…

Really don't understand people like this. Were you ONLY a fan of Layne? No respect for Jerry at all?
Nothing against Jerry just not the same without Layne no one can replace him. It would have been better if he started up a new band with a new name.

Nothing against Jerry just not the same without Layne no one can replace him. It would have been better if he started up a new band with a new name.
Alice in Chains is his band Layne was the last to join. Jerry, Mike S, and Sean was in the band full time Layne was just in it so Jerry would play in his funk band then Layne joined full time but Alice was always Jerry's band. Layne just happen to become the face for the band and the one most ppl think of when they think of AIC. It really didn't help when those guys used Layne as their scapegoat as to why they wasn't making new albums or touring. Jerry tried going out on his own but couldn't make it even though his second album was damn good.

Alice in Chains is his band Layne was the last to join. Jerry, Mike S, and Sean was in the band full time Layne was just in it so Jerry would play in his funk band then Layne joined full time but Alice was always Jerry's band. Layne just happen to become the face for the band and the one most ppl think of when they think of AIC. It really didn't help when those guys used Layne as their scapegoat as to why they wasn't making new albums or touring. Jerry tried going out on his own but couldn't make it even though his second album was damn good.
Yeah exactly Jerry knows the name of the band sells he can't so what does he do try to milk the old name for a few more years.

Yeah exactly Jerry knows the name of the band sells he can't so what does he do try to milk the old name for a few more years.
Three out of the four guys have been there since Jar of Flies and two from the get go why should they change the name?

Three out of the four guys have been there since Jar of Flies and two from the get go why should they change the name?
Yeah why try to create a new legacy stand on your own when you can live off the past forever. Without Layne being the voice behind aic no one would know any of the other guys names right now.

Yeah why try to create a new legacy stand on your own when you can live off the past forever. Without Layne being the voice behind aic no one would know any of the other guys names right now.
you know Jerry is the one who wrote the music to damn near every song and wrote the lyrics to most of their bigger hits. Don't get me wrong I like Layne's singing and darker lyrics better but he wasn't he only driving force in the band and by the time the self titled album came out the record guys was pushing for Jerry to take over. Even on Jerry's first solo album Mike Inez and Sean Kinney both played on it and I'm sure if it did better there wouldn't be the new AiC. Seriously though if Led Zeppelin stuck with The New Yardbirds do you think ppl would even care? What's the problem?

you know Jerry is the one who wrote the music to damn near every song and wrote the lyrics to most of their bigger hits. Don't get me wrong I like Layne's singing and darker lyrics better but he wasn't he only driving force in the band and by the time the self titled album came out the record guys was pushing for Jerry to take over. Even on Jerry's first solo album Mike Inez and Sean Kinney both played on it and I'm sure if it did better there wouldn't be the new AiC. Seriously though if Led Zeppelin stuck with The New Yardbirds do you think ppl would even care? What's the problem?
I never followed Led Zeppelin or the New Yardbirds so I can't comment there.
I just find it pathetic when Jerry tries it on his own crashes and burns so he runs back to the AiC name.
I'm out grow some balls try something new don't live off the name especially when everyone thinks of AiC it's not Jerry that comes to mind never was.

I never followed Led Zeppelin or the New Yardbirds so I can't comment there.
I just find it pathetic when Jerry tries it on his own crashes and burns so he runs back to the AiC name.
I'm out grow some balls try something new don't live off the name especially when everyone thinks of AiC it's not Jerry that comes to mind never was.
There's this band from England the started out as a Blues band that was called the Yardbirds they are famous for having Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck, and Jimmy Page as guitarist in their band. Clapton left fairly early on because they started to focus on Pop music instead of Blues but recommended Jimmy Page as a replacement. Jimmy was happy being a session musician so he recommended Jeff Beck who joined them. A bit later Page joined them as a bass player then he moved to co lead guitarist with Beck then to solo lead guitarist when Beck quit. The Yardbirds decided to break up but Page decide to form the New Yardbirds due to the Yardbirds being known. Eventually though Jimmy Page, Robert Plant, John Bonham, and John Paul Jones dropped the New Yardbirds name and went with Led Zeppelin. In other words Jimmy Page pretty much did in reverse what Jerry did but if Kashmir was played by the New Yardbirds it would still be Kashmir.

The dynamic has changed… too be honest, I’m surprised DuVall is still w/ the band. No one says the kid is not talented. In fact, AIC may be weighing him down…

This…

This…

Or this…

The dynamic Staley and Cantrell had… damn, what a beautiful sound… I can totally understand people’s reservations into getting back into the band. The band sounds good today, but the original was held in such high regard… it’s like saying Johnny or Ronnie Van Zant? The doors w/ Ian Astbury or Queen w/ Paul Rodgers...

People just feel different about the new lineups… No one is saying it’s bad in anyway, it’s just different and that is totally understandable…

A part of me is with you. If Alice in Chains wanted to find a better Layne Staley mimic than William Duval, I am sure they could. Like the lead singer of AIC tribute band Aces in Chains.

But, at the same time, the current AIC line up is pretty damn good, so I will continue to support them. They may not sound exactly the same, but they are still producing music that I like.

Into the mound again, same ol' pitch it was ba-AAAAACK the-e-e-en.

Back