Alien Gear Shapeshift Holsters

Te Huna Matata

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Anyone have experience with these? I just ordered one with the ankle holster expansion for my Kimber Micro 9. Everything I've read has been really positive but I'm curious for more input.

For those who aren't aware, it's a modular system that comes with one shell that can be fixed to 4 different carry styles (2 IWB and 2 OTB) all for $100. If you want to use another gun, all you need to do as buy the shell for it and it can be used as well once you have the starter kit.

All total, with the ankle holster add-on, shipping, and tax, I paid $148 out the door which I think is a pretty damn good price for essentially 5 holsters. Once they add the shell for my P320, assuming I like it, I'll buy the shell for that as well and it'll all work together. Seems like a really cool system.

yesterday maybe, i think something funky happened with my browser, looked like this was in the stand up forum. my bad,

I’m personally not a fan of hybrid holsters. I’ve tried every configuration, from OWB leather, IWB hybrid, remora, sticky, and probably at least 10 different styles of kydex IWB.

The only holsters that I’ve found work really well for me is TXC Holsters or G-Code, appendix position. But I’m a tall skinny dude and I don’t wear baggy clothes.

Little thread bump? I too would like to hear genuine reviews from anyone who might have one

I'd like to have it for the versatility, even with the little bit bulkier than the normal kydex on (faux) leather holsters. But not if it crosses some line of being too clunky

Little thread bump? I too would like to hear genuine reviews from anyone who might have one

I'd like to have it for the versatility, even with the little bit bulkier than the normal kydex on (faux) leather holsters. But not if it crosses some line of being too clunky

I'm happy with it thus far. I pretty much only use the 2 IWB and the ankle carry (mostly standard IWB as appendix carry is generally uncomfortable for me but I'll still wear it from time to time). The thing I'll mention is drawing it when it's not on you is very different than drawing it when it is and the tension needs to be adjusted accordingly. Once you put a belt around it (or the ankle wrap), it becomes a lot harder to draw.

No pics? Ban!!! I cant read and no way am I typing all that shit into a search engine FFS.

Back