EXTINCTION on Netflix (Premieres July 27, 2018)

So its antmans buddy. Was this pre or post infinity war?

I haven't seen much chat about this film since this initial thread? Has anyone watched it yet?

I've just seen it and it is absolutely not the film you may think it is, it looks like a slightly inadequately budgeted alien invasion movie but it is so much more.

I don't want to say anymore as it would completely spoil the movie but I'm pretty impressed, it's not the best film you will ever see but if you already have netflix it is well worth your time.

Going to watch this after work tonight.

Enjoy

I just read some reviews that savaged the film and they do have fair points, it does look cheap, it definately seems like they didn't have the budget to match the look they clearly wanted but the story is ambitious and pretty unique.

On the downside i was slightly frustrated by what could have been with this film, i can only imagine what neil bloemkamp could have done with the story, could have been spectacular.

Still, it's very watchable

Just read the spoiler on wiki, there is serious plot twist, a serious mind fuck

the humans on planet earth are actually andriods. the alien invaders are humans trying to reclaim the planet. The androids drove off the humans in a war, but most repressed their memories for the sake of their new society.

That was War of the Worlds, WWZ was with Brad Pitt., Zombie flick

I loved War of The Worlds, Cruise was awesome in it. He's nuts, but I love his films. Best scene IMO

I didn't like the explanation though

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the aliens ultimately lose the war because of the bacteria native to us and our planet. You'd think the Aliens would know to wear a suit.

But it probably hard to keep all bacteria out. I dont think even we can do that. Its also possible these aliens lived in such a sterile environment like space, they have practically no immune system at all. There are just so many millions and billions of bacteria and viruses, be impossible to prep in short time like the Morgan Freeman epilogue states at the end of the movie.

Won’t watch because I strongly dislike Pena

Just read the spoiler on wiki, there is serious plot twist, a serious mind fuck

the humans on planet earth are actually andriods. the alien invaders are humans trying to reclaim the planet. The androids drove off the humans in a war, but most repressed their memories for the sake of their new society.

I just read the wiki too and it sounds great but looking at the trailer and who is in it I will not watch it

I just read the wiki too and it sounds great but looking at the trailer and who is in it I will not watch it

If you read the wiki and it sounds great your kind of mugging yourself off not giving it a go.

Why do you hate pena so much? He's at worst mediocre

Watched on Friday. Decent twist towards the end.

OK....I was sort of expecting something else, doesn't seem something worth worrying about to the extent of boycotting his movies.
John Travolta could be an islamic jihadi and I'd never deny myself Saturday night fever!

It was okay. There was some serious dumb shit going on though.

Meh. They had what could have been an interesting idea but executed it fairly disjointedly. The effects were pretty damn bad. Biggest failure was the storytelling / editing.

Meh. They had what could have been an interesting idea but executed it fairly disjointedly. The effects were pretty damn bad. Biggest failure was the storytelling / editing.

Agreed not a very good movie like you said a pretty decent idea but everything was just done so poorly. It started off good as well and I liked how the didn't fuck around setting up characters. They gave you a very brief idea of what was going on in this guys life\family and then the action started. Pretty much after they leave the home the movie quickly starts falling apart.

Pena sucks and can never be taken seriously. The movie was pretty poorly made and wasn’t good but there were a few solid scenes and a good twist

Expectations are low. Netflix is batting like a buck fiddy with original flicks.

They've had a lot more luck with the shows. Mindhunter, Stranger Things, Ozark, etc. are all excellent. Their movies have never blown me away yet. Just watched Father of the Year though and thought it was way funnier than expected. Pretty hilarious 4 me actually.

They've had a lot more luck with the shows. Mindhunter, Stranger Things, Ozark, etc. are all excellent. Their movies have never blown me away yet. Just watched Father of the Year though and thought it was way funnier than expected. Pretty hilarious 4 me actually.

Yeah, their shows are good for the most part, and I find their more low key movie releases are decent, like "Calibre", and "The Ritual". It's their big promotion movies that usually end up sucking, and feel like big studios are using Netflix as a dumping ground.

Back